Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, May 8, 2015, 10:52pm
I heard a Town fan in the pub tonight saying that he wasn't going to Wembley because the conference league was ripping people off with tickets. Great idea, boycott it,that will show them. Does he not think that the conference would love for Town to stay in this shirt league? It's Town that will suffer dipshit when he and other like him don't turn up at Wembley to support our club.
Posted by: pizzzza, May 8, 2015, 11:20pm; Reply: 1
Did you tell him what you thought at the time or are you hoping he reads it on here?
Posted by: Bignic69, May 9, 2015, 9:01am; Reply: 2
my thoughts exactly, you should have told him.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 9, 2015, 10:10am; Reply: 3
Quoted from The Grim Reaper
I heard a Town fan in the pub tonight saying that he wasn't going to Wembley because the conference league was ripping people off with tickets. Great idea, boycott it,that will show them. Does he not think that the conference would love for Town to stay in this shirt league? It's Town that will suffer dipshit when he and other like him don't turn up at Wembley to support our club.

I think the league would much rather Rovers stay down more than us based on the fact they have a bigger support and travel in more numbers dont you?

Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 9, 2015, 10:33am; Reply: 4
Number of fans wont win the game players will even 10,000 fans can  make a hell of a racket .
Posted by: aldi_01, May 9, 2015, 11:08am; Reply: 5
Fans don't win games anyway. People complaining about price etc are doing just that, cutting their nose off to spite their face.

Why spend all season supporting a team and then in the game that matters most you decide not to go because of a booking fee? Yes there's no need to only sell them online but in modern day Britain do we still think people care about the masses?

The conference are in a win win situation, whoever loses stays in their league and pushes up the numbers at games and is a draw for the league.

The worst outcome for the conference would've been Rovers winning the league and us winning the playoffs, or vice versa.
Posted by: topuphere666, May 9, 2015, 11:23am; Reply: 6
So far it's cost me

£92 for tickets/post/fee
£84 train tickets/tube tickets
£11 for parking at Grantham
Still to pay for fuel to the station, it's an early start so breakfast, lunch and tea will all be bought in and around London.

Would I rather have £300 in the bank and not be there should we win??

Would I balderdash!!!!!
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 9, 2015, 11:38am; Reply: 7
Someone can't or doesn't want to go.

Rather than preaching high and mighty about the importance of going to the game we should be respecting their decison.  
Posted by: immariner, May 9, 2015, 5:19pm; Reply: 8
I have no problem with people not going on principle. Lack of principles is why football is in such a state and the Conference are charging £45 for a fifth tier game.
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, May 9, 2015, 6:15pm; Reply: 9
It is a simple case of economics for some.  It would cost £41.35 for my ticket, then another £35 for coach travel.  I am my wifes carer, so would need to get a carer in to look after her ' £9 per hour. How long would I be away?  14? 15? 16 hours?  My income is £68.35 a week, so work it out

So not everyone is biting their nose off to spite their face
Posted by: chaos33, May 9, 2015, 6:19pm; Reply: 10
I hear you mate. Big respect to you. This is why it pi$$es me off to hear people judging others on here and using the word 'excuse' to judge others' reasons for going or not going. It's got f@ck all to do with anyone else whether folk go or don't go, and your reasons are reasons, not excuses.  >:(

I think, if you have the money,the means and the time to go to Wembley then great. If not, you don't need to justify that to other people on here.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 9, 2015, 6:20pm; Reply: 11
I was very tempted not to go but my principles are not strong enough.

I've thought before when I'm in the mood for conspiracies that the Conference keep giving us excrement refs or refs deliberately taking any opportunity to penalise us, because of our away following. I hope it's true about the away following bit - that should stuff the Pirates!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 10, 2015, 9:39pm; Reply: 12
I just think yeah it's expensive but the chance to see our team at Wembley is just to good to miss, I honestly think we have the best set of players since we became non league and the squad as been strengthened even more by some shrewd acquisitions.
Posted by: aldi_01, May 10, 2015, 9:51pm; Reply: 13
What I've found most interesting is that many of the people moaning about price are the same people that have been quite regular attendees at games throughout the season yet didn't really moan at paying £18 to sit in BP and watch a excrement game like GTFC v Woking...

Some people have valid reasons and so on and I understand that but some do just seem to be cutting their nose off...
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 10, 2015, 9:54pm; Reply: 14
Well said Phil!
Posted by: chaos33, May 10, 2015, 9:54pm; Reply: 15
Who the hell is anyone to judge a 'valid reason'?
Posted by: ackomariner, May 10, 2015, 9:58pm; Reply: 16
Nobody needs a reason or should have to explain why there not going

Fuk all to do with anyone
Posted by: marinerjase, May 10, 2015, 10:07pm; Reply: 17
Think some are more bothered about their ego',  or deemed to be better fans than others.

Absolutely no one should be explaining reasons to others if can't/choose not to go.Likewise those that are going..stop banging on about 'no reason to not go.. Should be there..' etc etc.

Those that are going..fantastic..have a great day, hopefully celebrate after.

Those that aren't going - pretty sure they'll be there in spirit, and support from afar, and hopefully celebrate after.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, May 10, 2015, 10:14pm; Reply: 18
We can't criticise glory hunters in one breath and stay away cheapskates the next!

It would be amazing if every man, woman and child who ever sniffed a piece of fish was at Wembley supporting GTFC but it isn't going to happen.

Irrespective of numbers, let's just support our team and hope we get back into the football league, be but due to being better on the day .... Or just luckier!

UTM
Posted by: pizzzza, May 10, 2015, 10:31pm; Reply: 19
How the intercourse does someone bite their nose off anyway?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 11, 2015, 9:14pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from aldi_01
What I've found most interesting is that many of the people moaning about price are the same people that have been quite regular attendees at games throughout the season yet didn't really moan at paying £18 to sit in BP and watch a excrement game like GTFC v Woking...

Some people have valid reasons and so on and I understand that but some do just seem to be cutting their nose off...

At least the £18 at BP goes to GTFC rather than a fraction of the profits from Wembley.  Wembley won't guarantee a better game of football and arguably a worse atmosphere than a good game at BP - give me the atmosphere of the other Sunday over Wembley any day (1998 excepted of course!).
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 8:30pm