Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, May 7, 2015, 2:10pm
Back in training! got a week to get himself match fit, gives hurst another selection headache
Posted by: gtfc98, May 7, 2015, 2:16pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Hagrid
Back in training! got a week to get himself match fit, gives hurst another selection headache

good news. Not a headache for me. Toto's been fine all season but for me with a fit Robertson I'd go with

Magnay  Gowling Pearson Robertson.

Get past that Brizzle!
Posted by: Maringer, May 7, 2015, 2:20pm; Reply: 2
Good news.

Let's hope he can prove himself fit in time for the game.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 7, 2015, 2:23pm; Reply: 3
the only problem is do we play toto or gowling ?
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, May 7, 2015, 2:26pm; Reply: 4
Gowling every day for me
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 7, 2015, 2:37pm; Reply: 5
Gowling for me too.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, May 7, 2015, 3:29pm; Reply: 6
Hurst does describe Robertson being fit as a "long shot". Although I would prefer to have a natural left back in there, I don't think Hurst will take a chance on him if there's a fitness doubt.
Posted by: Blundelluk, May 7, 2015, 3:35pm; Reply: 7
Would be very hard to leave Toto out, stick with the same team that disposed of Eastleigh with Gregor on the bench instead of Parslow.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 7, 2015, 3:51pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Gowling for me too.

And me, for the pain he went through last Sunday he was frigging outstanding.

Toto has looked not that good at right back so I would stick with Gowling if Robertson is match fit.

Posted by: lobsterpot, May 7, 2015, 4:09pm; Reply: 9
Gowling in plz!
Posted by: GyMariner, May 7, 2015, 4:26pm; Reply: 10
Footballs a strange game. You'd never have thought earlier in the season that one of our first choice centre backs would be dropped for the most important game of the season after playing the majority of games!
Posted by: Hagrid, May 7, 2015, 4:30pm; Reply: 11
I'd play Robertson, but its all about whether he's fit or not
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 7, 2015, 4:40pm; Reply: 12
Hurst may have another (good) selection headache to ponder.  10 days to get fit (for say 60 mins plus).

Gowling for me as well.  He puts everything on the line (including his head) and makes fewer mistakes that Toto.    
Posted by: moosey_club, May 7, 2015, 4:52pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Hurst may have another (good) selection headache to ponder.  10 days to get fit (for say 60 mins plus).

Gowling for me as well.  He puts everything on the line (including his head) and makes fewer mistakes that Toto.    

Bit harsh...  Gowling has only made 5 appearances against Toto's 44. Gowling has already put his hand up for Alfretons goal so is hardly immaculate.
Posted by: mariner91, May 7, 2015, 4:57pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from moosey_club

Bit harsh...  Gowling has only made 5 appearances against Toto's 44. Gowling has already put his hand up for Alfretons goal so is hardly immaculate.

Alfreton didn't score unless my memory of that game is completely wrong?
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 7, 2015, 5:03pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from moosey_club

Erm, wasn't he putting his hand up to claim one of our goals?
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 7, 2015, 5:29pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from moosey_club

I must have missed that one. I could have sworn that we won 2-0 there.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 7, 2015, 5:36pm; Reply: 17
Toto has played the majority of games so it would be hard to drop him,

BUT

I have a solution,

Gowling has been immense since he arrived so I would start with him and Gregor,

With 30 mins to go and with a 3-0 lead,

I would bring Toto on so he could say I played  at Wembley, 8)
Posted by: BIGChris, May 7, 2015, 5:43pm; Reply: 18
Think this is very hypothetical!

Gregor started some running today. Can't see him having a hope of hell of being fit enough to start.

IF there is a miracle, given Bristol will possibly have Blissett up front, I would go for Toto's pace
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 7, 2015, 5:45pm; Reply: 19
Who would be a manager eh ?
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 7, 2015, 5:51pm; Reply: 20
Gowling was outstanding against Eastleight at home.  He has also played very well in all the games that he has played.  He cannot do better then that.

Toto is often close to an error (even at CB).  
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, May 7, 2015, 6:08pm; Reply: 21
There's no room for sentiment if were going to get ourselves back up . Got to be the strongest team possible .
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 7, 2015, 6:08pm; Reply: 22
I would stick with the same team we have used for the play-offs.

Robertson on the bench, if he's fit enough.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 7, 2015, 6:14pm; Reply: 23
Paul Hurst will do what is best for the club,

Whatever team he selects I am sure it will be the best for that game.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, May 7, 2015, 6:52pm; Reply: 24
Toto has been excellent this season and although his distribution was poor from RB that and his defending was still miles better than parslow, I'd keep him in either way.
Posted by: ackomariner, May 7, 2015, 7:01pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from headingly_mariner
Toto has been excellent this season and although his distribution was poor from RB that and his defending was still miles better than parslow, I'd keep him in either way.

This ^^^^^^^^^

Posted by: SamTheMariner, May 7, 2015, 7:52pm; Reply: 26
My guess is that he'll leave it as it is, because Robertson won't be "match fit" and we got to the final with Toto at right back.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, May 7, 2015, 9:24pm; Reply: 27
How long has he actually been out, 3 weeks? Match fitness shouldn't be a problem for one game as adrenalin should get him through. I'd be concerned if it went to extra time tho and would prob hold a sub back for him tiring which is a gamble I guess.
Posted by: chaos33, May 7, 2015, 10:21pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
Hurst does describe Robertson being fit as a "long shot". Although I would prefer to have a natural left back in there, I don't think Hurst will take a chance on him if there's a fitness doubt.

I agree. I don't think it is a headache for Hurst as I agree that he won't chance it. Robertson has started light running following a knee operation and has a week to get fit enough for a Wembley final. I just don't think there's any way this is going to happen, sadly for the player himself.
Posted by: oldludensian, May 7, 2015, 10:34pm; Reply: 29
There's no chance Robertson will make it as much as I hope he will because Magnay is no attacking force from LB and Toto is atrocious as a RB in terms of passing BUT I would still play both Maggers and Toto in their respective full back berths instead of introducing Bignot or Parslow into the fold as both Maggers and Toto are far superior in terms of their main jobs - being defenders.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 8, 2015, 1:10pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Toto has played well although there always seem to be moments with him that scare me.

I don't think he played that well at right back and was responsible for heading the ball back across our goal for Eastleigh to score at their place.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, May 14, 2015, 5:27pm; Reply: 31
Not going to be playing at Wembley:

[img]http://puu.sh/hN6Su/530e2ff596.png[/img]
Posted by: wembley_double98, May 14, 2015, 8:22pm; Reply: 32
Its a real shame, feel for the guy, he slotted in so well with the team.
Match fitness probably would have been a concern and a breakdown from injury could have been a problem.
We need all players to be fighting fit

UTM!
Posted by: moosey_club, May 14, 2015, 8:37pm; Reply: 33
Cheers Gregor.

Best of luck with whatever you do going forward.

Posted by: sparko501, May 14, 2015, 11:54pm; Reply: 34
Yeah gutted he can't be involved, but to be honest if he was declared 'fit' he wouldn't be 'match fit' which is a big difference and on a stage at Wembley he may not be the same player, but he is a cracking player and has been excellent for us
Posted by: northbankmariner, May 15, 2015, 12:45pm; Reply: 35
got to feel for gregor not being able to play in the final. but I have a feeling we have not seen the last of him in a town shirt.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 8:55am