Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 7, 2015, 11:09am
I seem to remember when we played Cheltenham that there was a few stores outside freshney place selling flags, scarfs ect..

Anyone know if that will be happening again ?
Posted by: gary_elton, May 7, 2015, 11:11am; Reply: 1
Just be careful if you buy down at Wembley... cockney street wise diamond geezers...

a flag I bought a one of our big days out was spelt  " GRIMBSBY " and I didnt notice
until I got home...  

guess thats what beer does for you.... (wine)
Posted by: BIGChris, May 7, 2015, 11:19am; Reply: 2
Dont know what the club are doing but assuming they will have a load of flags, scarves available and i would suggest you buy from the club rather than some opportunist spiv either in Freshney Place or on Wembley Way.

At least the club make something that way rather than lining someone elses pocket!
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 7, 2015, 11:21am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
I seem to remember when we played Cheltenham that there was a few stores outside freshney place selling flags, scarfs ect..

Anyone know if that will be happening again ?

They also infest the motorway service stations as well on route.

Tell them to **** off.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 7, 2015, 11:47am; Reply: 4
Ask Mr Fenty - I hear he's the clubs expert on flags  ;)
Posted by: Corkyefes, May 7, 2015, 12:01pm; Reply: 5
Apparently John Fenty is doing a 'Buy One, Get One Free' offer this weekend on flags...

Well, to be honest, it's just one flag which he'll snap in half.
Posted by: Garth, May 7, 2015, 12:03pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Ask Mr Fenty - I hear he's the clubs expert on flags  ;)

He's certainly set the STANDARD
Posted by: mariner83, May 7, 2015, 1:46pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from BIGChris
Dont know what the club are doing but assuming they will have a load of flags, scarves available and i would suggest you buy from the club rather than some opportunist spiv either in Freshney Place or on Wembley Way.

At least the club make something that way rather than lining someone elses pocket!

This :) the official stuff looks better too IMHO.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 7, 2015, 1:55pm; Reply: 8
Do Wembley have restrictions on flags at all? Potential lethal weapons and all that H&S bullcr@p ?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 7, 2015, 2:34pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from moosey_club
Do Wembley have restrictions on flags at all? Potential lethal weapons and all that H&S bullcr@p ?

As long as they're deconstructible........
Posted by: GyMariner, May 7, 2015, 4:37pm; Reply: 10
I'm sure they have restrictions on size. But since we are being outnumbered by bristol fans, wouldn't it be nice to outnumber them with flags/scarves and passion. Let's create a wall of black and white!!
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 7, 2015, 4:59pm; Reply: 11
Villa had a banner fill one of the sections I think the other week
Posted by: lukeo, May 7, 2015, 6:39pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from moosey_club

May be wrong but no flag poles / sticks over a certain length ?
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 7, 2015, 7:05pm; Reply: 13
Taken from the official Wembley stadium site.

Guidance for use of flags at Wembley Stadium

Wembley Stadium upholds the highest standards of Health and Safety. The following guidance is in line with the stadium’s grounds regulations.
- We know that many supporters like to display flags at football matches and Wembley Stadium will always be as accommodating as possible.

- Flags are not generally confiscated, however the obstruction of gangways, access routes, exits and entrances, health and safety signage and stairways is strictly forbidden.

- In the event of an emergency we must have all access and exit points clear.

- Wembley Stadium reserves the right to confiscate flags if they are very large or may compromise public safety, obscure someone’s view, a camera position or if a flag carries offensive, discriminatory or inflammatory messaging.

- Flags more than 250cm in size at their widest or longest section will not be allowed and flagpoles greater than 1m in length will not allowed.

- Any articles that could potentially be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety are strictly prohibited.

- Permission must be sought in advance from the stadium and event owner to arrange use of the very large supporter flags that are designed to be passed over people's heads. In such cases the flag must be flame retardant and the organiser bringing the flag into the stadium will need to provide the appropriate H&S certification.

Entry to the Ground shall constitute acceptance of the Ground Regulations. Published by Wembley National Stadium Limited 2007

Read more at http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/StadiumGuide/RulesnRegulations#6ic3df1JMr45LbQc.99
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, May 7, 2015, 9:01pm; Reply: 14
Bog roll and ripped up newspaper please.
Posted by: webbit, May 8, 2015, 9:45am; Reply: 15
Don't know if anyone saw the Leicester fans on MOTD the other night they had some sort of "clackers" folded plastic with club badge on, shame we cant get some of thoes
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 8, 2015, 11:02am; Reply: 16
Is bog roll allowed?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 8, 2015, 11:46am; Reply: 17
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Is bog roll allowed?

just go to the toilet when in the stadium !
Posted by: moosey_club, May 8, 2015, 11:53am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Taken from the official Wembley stadium site.

Guidance for use of flags at Wembley Stadium

Wembley Stadium upholds the highest standards of Health and Safety. The following guidance is in line with the stadium’s grounds regulations.
- We know that many supporters like to display flags at football matches and Wembley Stadium will always be as accommodating as possible.

- Flags are not generally confiscated, however the obstruction of gangways, access routes, exits and entrances, health and safety signage and stairways is strictly forbidden.

- In the event of an emergency we must have all access and exit points clear.

- Wembley Stadium reserves the right to confiscate flags if they are very large or may compromise public safety, obscure someone’s view, a camera position or if a flag carries offensive, discriminatory or inflammatory messaging.

- Flags more than 250cm in size at their widest or longest section will not be allowed and flagpoles greater than 1m in length will not allowed.

- Any articles that could potentially be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety are strictly prohibited.

- Permission must be sought in advance from the stadium and event owner to arrange use of the very large supporter flags that are designed to be passed over people's heads. In such cases the flag must be flame retardant and the organiser bringing the flag into the stadium will need to provide the appropriate H&S certification.

Entry to the Ground shall constitute acceptance of the Ground Regulations. Published by Wembley National Stadium Limited 2007

Read more at http://www.wembleystadium.com/TheStadium/StadiumGuide/RulesnRegulations#6ic3df1JMr45LbQc.99

The catch all clause...haha...a newspaper can become the old Millwall brick when folded.....anything flammable is a fire hazard.....anything solid a missile.....at the mercy of stewards on the day.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 5:01am