Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BIGChris, May 7, 2015, 8:00am
http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/new-kit-for-wembley-unveiled-2444669.aspx
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, May 7, 2015, 8:03am; Reply: 1
First impressions, not a big fan! I'll buy one anyway.
Posted by: Kymariner12, May 7, 2015, 8:04am; Reply: 2
I thought that but I guess there's not a lot of variation to be had. Probably why I've purchased an away shirt in recent years!
Posted by: jimgtfc, May 7, 2015, 8:05am; Reply: 3
Was going to purchase one, not sure I will now. Don't like it, looks cheap to me. Hopefully they've got a few of this season's shirts available at a discounted price.
Posted by: LH, May 7, 2015, 8:07am; Reply: 4
I quite like it even if there are similarities to this season's Newcastle shirt.
Posted by: Hagrid, May 7, 2015, 8:26am; Reply: 5
i'll get it!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 7, 2015, 8:27am; Reply: 6
When I first saw it I thought wow that looks absolutely awful.

I just had another look and it still looks awful.

Sorry but that is one of the worst kits town have released that is.
Posted by: LH, May 7, 2015, 8:30am; Reply: 7
Can anyone remember what the general opinion was after we went from the Lotto/Food Town in 98 to the Avec/Dixon one? Hoping everyone thought it was shite and that it's a good omen.
Posted by: Caesar, May 7, 2015, 8:35am; Reply: 8
Saw this seasons new kit and at first was unsure but it grew on me and became the first home replica shirt I had bought in a few years, even think it is now one of my very facourite Town shirts.  

Therefore time may make this one grow on me but my first reaction is like many people on here, I am not a fan of it at all, just hoping LH is right and we can fasion a good omen out of it!
Posted by: BIGChris, May 7, 2015, 8:40am; Reply: 9
It is a black and white striped shirt, incorporating a bit of red and has a 'patch' to make seeing numbers easier.

Not much more they could do tbh.

Personally dont think it is awful, it is what it is.

Dont think i will go for the special edition ones with the embroidery for the play off final. Still have the one from Cardiff with that on!!!
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, May 7, 2015, 8:46am; Reply: 10
At the end of the day the shirt they wear will have absolutely no bearing on the day. I've like the previous few kits Errea have produced but that one is horrendous. I especially don't like the v neck collar and how it looks so baggy and cheap.

Oh well let's hope we all hate it in the football league next year!
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, May 7, 2015, 8:48am; Reply: 11
Little bit surprised at the negative reaction. It's a black and white striped shirt with a few minor alterations to the trimmings (as always). Looks ok.
Posted by: LH, May 7, 2015, 8:49am; Reply: 12
I'd consider the embroidered one if it just said Wembley 15 but Town have been putting a big spiel on them including kick off time, the mascot's names and the weather forecast in the last few finals.
Posted by: jimgtfc, May 7, 2015, 8:49am; Reply: 13
You can do more with a striped shirt than you can with just a plain colour shirt though. I'm still waiting for us to return to the old ciba kit with the thin black stripes, loved that kit.
Posted by: Jaws, May 7, 2015, 8:54am; Reply: 14
Was hoping for one from this season for Wembley, but none on the site, will the shop have any? (not LJL)
Posted by: topuphere666, May 7, 2015, 9:01am; Reply: 15
There isn't much you can do with black and white!

Looks alright! I haven't bought a replica shirt for many years now! I prefer the leisure wear range!
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, May 7, 2015, 9:16am; Reply: 16
Actually on reflection - I've looked at it a couple more times and it isn't as bad as I first thought!
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, May 7, 2015, 9:17am; Reply: 17
It'll look magnificent when Dis leaps like a salmon at the far post to head home the winner.
Posted by: Kymariner12, May 7, 2015, 10:03am; Reply: 18
I was wondering if both teams will be wearing their home kits at Wembley, don't totally clash but wasn't sure if there might have to be a decision on who gets to wear their home kit?
Posted by: Chrisblor, May 7, 2015, 10:12am; Reply: 19
It's terrible. That black strip across the top is completely unnecessary and the weird red bit on the collar just looks out of place. It really shouldn't be hard to make a shirt with black and white stripes on it, without all these bits of added 'flair'.
Posted by: St. Pauli, May 7, 2015, 10:18am; Reply: 20
Ah, at least we found something to moan again   ;D
Posted by: nickmariners, May 7, 2015, 10:21am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Chrisblor
That black strip across the top is completely unnecessary and the weird red bit on the collar just looks out of place. It really shouldn't be hard to make a shirt with black and white stripes on it, without all these bits of added 'flair'.

Agree about the black horizontal strip.  But - a sign of my low expectations of football kit designers perhaps - it's not nearly as bad as it might have been!
Posted by: moosey_club, May 7, 2015, 10:30am; Reply: 22
Indifferent to the kit really but as i dont buy them it doesnt matter...

however ...poor old Shaun Pearson .... "can one of you turn around so we can see the back" .....
Posted by: RoboCod, May 7, 2015, 10:31am; Reply: 23
Quite like the front but I find that huge black square on the back far too big.
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, May 7, 2015, 11:08am; Reply: 24
it looks alright. Nothing special.

i like the v neck collar and as has been said it is black and white stripes.

if they had made the collar and cuffs plain red and removed the black band across the top of the chest it would have looked better..a bit like the adidas '82 kit.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 7, 2015, 11:13am; Reply: 25
I don't mind it at all
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 7, 2015, 12:53pm; Reply: 26
Being the superstitious type, I will be wearing this seasons Town shirt. The only time I didn't wear it was when we lost 1-0 at home to Bristol Rovers!!!
Posted by: Abdul19, May 7, 2015, 12:59pm; Reply: 27
I've been a fan of a lot of the Errea shirts (the 10/11 and the current home ones especially) but this is a bit pants.

Why doesn't the horizontal bit stop at the stripe rather than carrying on for a bit? Looks like it's a bit of tape stuck on afterwards!

Anyway, good idea of the club to bring it out early I suppose. As mentioned above, it worked 17 years ago!
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 7, 2015, 2:00pm; Reply: 28
Wish they would just do one like Juventus, they look decent every year just about.

Adidas >> [url=http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/04/adidas-juventus-15-16-kit.html]http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/04/adidas-juventus-15-16-kit.html[/url]
Posted by: LH, May 7, 2015, 2:05pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
Wish they would just do one like Juventus, they look decent every year just about.

What like? Black and white stripes?

Hope we go for an all yellow away kit next season. It's been years since we had anything other than red or blue (barring that nearly useless white one the other season). Maybe some change white home shorts and socks for when the kit doesn't fully clash with the home side.
Posted by: sutton mariner, May 7, 2015, 2:07pm; Reply: 30
Meeghhh. Reminds me of one of the old shirts
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 7, 2015, 2:10pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Nelly GTFC

Adidas >> [url=http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/04/adidas-juventus-15-16-kit.html]http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/04/adidas-juventus-15-16-kit.html[/url]
Quoted from LH
What like? Black and white stripes?
Funnily enough that's why I like it, Juventus  more or less stick to the same design plan each year, stripes on the sleeves.

Link >> [url=http://www.soccermond.com/clubs/italia/juventus/kits.php]http://www.soccermond.com/clubs/italia/juventus/kits.php[/url]

Not that it matters, but I think it's the first time they've used Adidas for the 2015/16 season.
Posted by: IrishMariner, May 7, 2015, 4:51pm; Reply: 32
Have to say I love the black band that highlights the crest!
Posted by: LH, May 7, 2015, 6:35pm; Reply: 33
I take it STHs will still get 10% off their shirt with their book?
Posted by: immariner, May 7, 2015, 6:47pm; Reply: 34
Is there a rule about having certain coloured lettering? If the whole V on the collar was red and the sleeves were striped it would look so much better.
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 7, 2015, 7:08pm; Reply: 35
Think I'm in the minority but I think it looks great. Love the little red bit on the collar. Will be wearing mine at Wembley.
Posted by: N2K, May 7, 2015, 7:41pm; Reply: 36
It was hard to improve after the 2014/15 season's kit because I think that was the nicest kit Town have had for a while.

This new kit isn't too bad but I miss the collar of the other one and I'm not sure about the random bit of red on the new collar.

Who cares as long as we're wearing that kit in the FL.
Posted by: SamTheMariner, May 7, 2015, 7:54pm; Reply: 37
I like it. Only problem is I won't have one for Wembley. Mine'll be out of date!
Posted by: nickmariners, May 7, 2015, 8:06pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from sutton mariner
Meeghhh. Reminds me of one of the old shirts

Yeah but, isn't that sorta kinda the point.
Posted by: northbankmariner, May 7, 2015, 8:50pm; Reply: 39
Well I think I am in the minority camp on this one . I like it, because it is different. The black band across the upper chest area sets it off for me. Not against having plain white sleeves either. Would have preferred a proper collar to a v neck but that's just being picky. Black patch on the back a little too big, but it is the front that matters that's what identifies who you are. ie a town fan and this one is just different enough to set us apart with that band. Thumbs up town for being a little bit different and a new idea. Interesting to see the away strip. A dark maroon colour would be a nice change or hooped design. (thumbup1)(thumbup1)
Posted by: WetFlannel, May 7, 2015, 9:08pm; Reply: 40
It's already grown on me in the space of about 7 hours...
Posted by: big al, May 7, 2015, 9:28pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from immariner
Is there a rule about having certain coloured lettering? If the whole V on the collar was red and the sleeves were striped it would look so much better.

agree with the striped sleeves - that would be so much better
Posted by: GTFCAcko, May 7, 2015, 9:33pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Hagrid
i'll get it!

Same here I like it
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 7, 2015, 9:40pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from jimgtfc
You can do more with a striped shirt than you can with just a plain colour shirt though. I'm still waiting for us to return to the old ciba kit with the thin black stripes, loved that kit.

Hated it (the only fond memory is of the team that wore it). Someone rightly pointed out it looked like someone had ridden a ike through a puddle.
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 9, 2015, 3:51pm; Reply: 44
Anyone got one yet ? I sent my Mrs down for mine, paid for but not got it yet as they have to embroider it. Wanted a special edition one but thought it was just an extra badge. Anyone know ? Is embroider just a posh word for sew a badge on ?
Posted by: LH, May 9, 2015, 3:55pm; Reply: 45
Got mine. Joined the queue somewhere near to the Upper Findus turnstile door at 0910 and was waiting an hour. It is properly embroidered but there was only an initial limited supply and some more were being delivered later on. Really like the shirt and hopefully it brings us some luck next week.
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 9, 2015, 4:04pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from LH
Got mine. Joined the queue somewhere near to the Upper Findus turnstile door at 0910 and was waiting an hour. It is properly embroidered but there was only an initial limited supply and some more were being delivered later on. Really like the shirt and hopefully it brings us some luck next week.

Could you put a picture on of the embroidery at all ?

Posted by: BIGChris, May 9, 2015, 4:16pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from KK_DOG

Could you put a picture on of the embroidery at all ?

Tart!! ;)
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 9, 2015, 4:29pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from BIGChris

Tart!! ;)

Ha ha, I'm in touch with my feminine side
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 9, 2015, 9:50pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from KK_DOG

Ha ha, I'm in touch with my feminine side

Are you Eddie Izzard by any chance?
Posted by: Jaws, May 11, 2015, 10:23am; Reply: 50
Can you try them on? I'm normally an XL shirt size and 42" but that's a M on the club shop website?
Posted by: GTFCNiles, May 11, 2015, 10:37am; Reply: 51
Bit gutted I dont like the strip to be honest, was looking forward to getting one but i'll wait for the away strip now cos its awful.
Posted by: pizzzza, May 11, 2015, 10:39am; Reply: 52
We usually get some nice pictures of the club shop girls modelling the new shirt. Not seen any this time. Sort it gtfc!
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 11, 2015, 1:35pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from pizzzza
We usually get some nice pictures of the club shop girls modelling the new shirt. Not seen any this time. Sort it gtfc!

Just some pictures of some girls modelling would do  :) :) :)

Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 12:33pm