Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 7, 2015, 12:40am
Please could admin make a thread (possibly sticky) for anyone wishing to name players that 'could do a job for us'. Will save wading through several various threads on players.
T.V.M.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, May 7, 2015, 9:15am; Reply: 1
TVM? Didn't know he was available.

If we can get him in, maybe RVP might join too and with LVG as assistant to PH, we're in business.
Posted by: BIGChris, May 13, 2015, 12:18pm; Reply: 2
Aaron O'Connor released by Newport, always liked him, strong and powerful. From Nottingham

31 now though and that doesnt really fit in with PH's signing policy
Posted by: fiveallive, May 13, 2015, 2:29pm; Reply: 3
Alfie Potter not a bad player, Lee Minishull also been released could be worth a look, Rhys Oates maybe his fitness levels have been a issue in the pro game maybe a year deal to see what he can do with a full pre season. Wes Fletcher a good striker at this level would get you goals.
Posted by: Mariners_15, May 13, 2015, 2:36pm; Reply: 4
Fletcher and Potter good shouts! Wasn't that Lee Minishull linked with Town a couple of years ago? Newports promotion season maybe?
Posted by: Kymariner12, May 13, 2015, 3:19pm; Reply: 5
Tom Naylor has been released by Derby, was on loan with us towards the back end of the 2012/13 season. Probably wouldn't want to drop 2 divisions though.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 13, 2015, 4:04pm; Reply: 6
Tom Naylor.

Possibly the most overhyped overrated player ive seen in recent years.

I thought he was average for us and didn't get the big deal with him at all.
Posted by: BIGChris, May 13, 2015, 4:27pm; Reply: 7
James Norwood (FGR) had been mentioned on another thread but he has signed for Tranmere. Personally not bothered in the slightest
Posted by: fiveallive, May 13, 2015, 9:11pm; Reply: 8
Someone posted that Norwood had signed for us lol.
Posted by: fiveallive, May 13, 2015, 9:15pm; Reply: 9
Tom naylor was a bit over rated by Mansfield, but they voted Gary Silk has one of their best ever RBs so maybe Naylor was a bit overated he's had quite a lot of loans clubs reminds me a bit of a player like Connor Townsend and Jamie Devitt with the amount of loans they have had in their short career.

But i think Connor Townsend the best out the three.

I would take Tom Naylor back here, but i think he will go back to Mansfield.
Posted by: Maringer, May 13, 2015, 9:46pm; Reply: 10
Silk looked like he knew what he was doing but was just sooo sloooow.

Naylor showed some good touches at times but never seemed strong enough on the few occasions he played in defence and rarely looked any better than his non-league opponents when playing in the middle of the park.

Not at all a surprise that he hasn't made any impact at Derby in the years since then and I can't say I'd be particularly interested in signing him.
Posted by: fiveallive, May 15, 2015, 12:02pm; Reply: 11
Wrexham have released Dean Keates and Neil Ashton and bought in Sean Newton from Lincoln so he trying to do a rebuild job with Wrexham.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 15, 2015, 1:07pm; Reply: 12
Sean Newton is a good signing, always impressed me.  
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 15, 2015, 2:24pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from fiveallive
Tom naylor was a bit over rated by Mansfield, but they voted Gary Silk has one of their best ever RBs so maybe Naylor was a bit overated he's had quite a lot of loans clubs reminds me a bit of a player like Connor Townsend and Jamie Devitt with the amount of loans they have had in their short career.

But i think Connor Townsend the best out the three.

I would take Tom Naylor back here, but i think he will go back to Mansfield.

Was never that impressed by him, if we are either in League 2 or still trying to get out of this Godforsaken league then we need better than him.

Posted by: fiveallive, May 25, 2015, 8:21pm; Reply: 14
Matt McClure could be worth a one year deal got a decent record at Wycombe could be a extra forward to have a look at.
Posted by: chaos33, May 25, 2015, 8:23pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from diehardmariner
Sean Newton is a good signing, always impressed me.  

I agree.
Posted by: Rick12, May 25, 2015, 8:47pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from fiveallive
Wrexham have released Dean Keates .
Decent player when younger.Compact and tight.Would of been a good signing if a bit younger

Posted by: bradzmilne, May 26, 2015, 10:33am; Reply: 17
Is Ben Tomlinson worth a look at? Also its inevitable someone will mention the return of Bradley Wood before too long, had a very good season at Alfeton by all accounts.
Posted by: Rick12, May 26, 2015, 1:19pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from bradzmilne
Is Ben Tomlinson worth a look at? Also its inevitable someone will mention the return of Bradley Wood before too long, had a very good season at Alfeton by all accounts.
100% effort which I admire greatly but technically found wanting.May need to look at something better if we are to push for automatic
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 26, 2015, 1:38pm; Reply: 19
Dean Keates also saved Disley from getting sent-off in the FAT final.  He got up after a very hard tackle and spoke up for Disley to the ref.   As reported anyway.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 26, 2015, 1:42pm; Reply: 20
The sending off would've ruined the game (sic)
Posted by: geir, May 26, 2015, 4:43pm; Reply: 21
What is Nathan Pond doing these days? Any chance for us at all? On loan, maybe?  :)
Posted by: SamTheMariner, May 26, 2015, 4:52pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from geir
What is Nathan Pond doing these days? Any chance for us at all? On loan, maybe?  :)

Just signed a new contract at Fleetwood. I don't think we'll need him if Pearson, Toto and Gowling sign.
Posted by: Stew0_0, May 26, 2015, 8:28pm; Reply: 23
Marcus williams LB ex scunny, Sanchez Watt winger, Ryan Bird striker ex cambridge, james chandler cm ex gateshead
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 26, 2015, 8:42pm; Reply: 24
I hope Hursty isn't going to act on all this advice or we are going to end up with a squad of about 72 next season.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 26, 2015, 8:59pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from promotion plaice
I hope Hursty isn't going to act on all this advice or we are going to end up with a squad of about 72 next season.

They can all help out clearing the water off Gateshead's pitch
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 26, 2015, 11:17pm; Reply: 26
I think a few of the bigger teams in our league will be after Halifax Midfielder Lois Maynard, in the last 26 games he banged in 12 goals.

A deal to join Cambridge in League 2 last season fell through at the last minute.

[url=http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/sport/fc-halifax-town/fc-halifax-town-news/chance-to-play-higher-wouldn-t-faze-maynard-1-7225615]http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/sport/fc-halifax-town/fc-halifax-town-news/chance-to-play-higher-wouldn-t-faze-maynard-1-7225615[/url]
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, May 27, 2015, 5:27pm; Reply: 27
Barnet have signed Tom Champion and Ben Tomlinson so they're out! Not sure if Champion was suggested but Tomlinson was wanted by a few!
Posted by: nightrider, May 27, 2015, 5:31pm; Reply: 28
Cant see Ryan Bird going any further North than Cambridge
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 27, 2015, 6:12pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
Barnet have signed Tom Champion and Ben Tomlinson so they're out! Not sure if Champion was suggested but Tomlinson was wanted by a few!

Tom Champion is a decent player, but not sure Tomlinson is league 2 quality
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 10:35am