Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: vinno69, May 6, 2015, 12:40pm
Just curious, how many fishy readers not going to Wembley & why?
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, May 6, 2015, 12:43pm; Reply: 1
As I recall earlier in the season there were a fair few who said they wouldn't watch a game whilst Hurst was in charge so there should be a few. :-)
Posted by: oldun, May 6, 2015, 12:44pm; Reply: 2
I am not going, but I am sending a representative and my scarf is going.  I will probably be at Blundell Park watching the game on TV. Home from there in 20 mins, ecstatic after a 2-1 win lovely
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 6, 2015, 12:48pm; Reply: 3
I'm likely to struggle as my wife is expecting this Saturday. If the baby comes on time and all is well I might just be okay but if it's late I'm screwed and no sign of anything yet. Cannot begin to imagne not being at a game this important but I suspect it's going to become a reality and suppose some things (though not many) are a bit more important than a play off final.
Posted by: mariner tommy, May 6, 2015, 12:49pm; Reply: 4
I'm not going, I only do home games now.
Over the years I have spent thousands of pounds and travelled thousands of miles following town.
But now it's just home games for me, and haven't missed a home game for years.

UTM
Posted by: Biccys, May 6, 2015, 12:53pm; Reply: 5
I doubt I will tbh. Just had a foot operation and the thought of walking round Wembley, trying to enjoy the game and celebrate after may be a bit too soon I'm afraid.  :B  :-/ :o :'( :( and any other sad smiley you can think of.
Posted by: vinno69, May 6, 2015, 12:54pm; Reply: 6
Good luck Rodley,some things are definitely more important than football, but not much :)  
Posted by: Tommy, May 6, 2015, 12:55pm; Reply: 7
I'm not going unfortunately.

On a coaching course at Bradley that day and don't want to cancel my place as it is very rare that this course runs, let alone in Grimsby. It's already been put back once as there wasn't enough people booked on it but this time it's definitely running.

I'm hoping the course tutor will allow us to finish early on the 17th though so I can be home to watch it on TV. I'd initially thought the game would be a 3pm or 4pm kick off so didn't think that would be a problem. I'm hoping a 2pm finish isn't pushing it.

Gutted not to be going and will no doubt be even more so in the days leading up to the game.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, May 6, 2015, 12:59pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Biccys
I doubt I will tbh. Just had a foot operation and the thought of walking round Wembley, trying to enjoy the game and celebrate after may be a bit too soon I'm afraid.  :B  :-/ :o :'( :( and any other sad smiley you can think of.

Disabled seating?
Posted by: Biccys, May 6, 2015, 1:01pm; Reply: 9
No ta.
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 6, 2015, 1:11pm; Reply: 10
I'm not not going.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 6, 2015, 1:23pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from vinno69
Good luck Rodley,some things are definitely more important than football, but not much :)  

Cheers matey. I haven't given up hope just yet. Might be a bit transparent when I take her a vindaloo and a pineapple home but it's got to be worth a try. The absolute nightmare is going to be labour during the match as she is going to kill me if mid contraction she sees me checking my phone!
Posted by: gtfc98, May 6, 2015, 1:23pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I'm likely to struggle as my wife is expecting this Saturday. If the baby comes on time and all is well I might just be okay but if it's late I'm screwed and no sign of anything yet. Cannot begin to imagne not being at a game this important but I suspect it's going to become a reality and suppose some things (though not many) are a bit more important than a play off final.

I thought you said it was your wife who's having the baby?
Posted by: gtfc98, May 6, 2015, 1:24pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Tommy
I'm not going unfortunately.

On a coaching course at Bradley that day and don't want to cancel my place as it is very rare that this course runs, let alone in Grimsby. It's already been put back once as there wasn't enough people booked on it but this time it's definitely running.

I'm hoping the course tutor will allow us to finish early on the 17th though so I can be home to watch it on TV. I'd initially thought the game would be a 3pm or 4pm kick off so didn't think that would be a problem. I'm hoping a 2pm finish isn't pushing it.

Gutted not to be going and will no doubt be even more so in the days leading up to the game.

You sure the course will be on?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 6, 2015, 1:25pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from gtfc98

I thought you said it was your wife who's having the baby?

;D
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 6, 2015, 1:42pm; Reply: 15
I'm at work unfortunately but will be done for 2.30pm so will be straight home to watch it, my lad is going though, I would love to have gone though. :o
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, May 6, 2015, 2:00pm; Reply: 16
Unfortunately I won't be going due to the joys of my little lads mother been a total pain in bottom and not letting me have him before 4pm that day!
Posted by: supertown, May 6, 2015, 2:25pm; Reply: 17
I can't go, first final I have missed . Coming back from holiday the night before and back at work on Monday . Just too much to fit in :(
Posted by: St. Pauli, May 6, 2015, 2:30pm; Reply: 18
I have checked flights from Hamburg, but found nothing I could afford so far unfortunately.

Furthermore I'm in a real trap as FC St. Pauli is having the last home match of the season and we are fighting relegation, so they will need my support too. So believe it will be live football in Hamburg with the match thread on my mobile.

However, last word is not spoken yet .......
Posted by: Youngy, May 6, 2015, 2:44pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from St. Pauli
I have checked flights from Hamburg, but found nothing I could afford so far unfortunately.

Furthermore I'm in a real trap as FC St. Pauli is having the last home match of the season and we are fighting relegation, so they will need my support too. So believe it will be live football in Hamburg with the match thread on my mobile.

However, last word is not spoken yet .......

Fantastic, would love to watch St Pauli at home. Atmosphere there looks incredible.
Posted by: Meza, May 6, 2015, 2:53pm; Reply: 20
Ive only been to a couple home games due to mrs work commitments but she aint working the wembley weekend so I'll be going with my 12 year old son its his first town game (ive converted him from a lincoln fan seeing he was born in lincoln)  :)
Posted by: PrestwichMariner, May 6, 2015, 3:00pm; Reply: 21
I'm off on holiday the week after and just can't afford it so it will be in my local club watching it. If it goes to extra time the Manure fans will have to go somewhere else to watch their game v Arsenal!!
Posted by: sapper mariner, May 6, 2015, 3:18pm; Reply: 22
Of to Kenya with work absolutely gutted no to be going
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 6, 2015, 3:43pm; Reply: 23
Rodley Mariner;  the timing for having the baby is still down to you.  Bad planning.   ;)

I still can't fathom out how I agreed to get married during the 1982 World Cup Finals.  Every 4 years I still pay the price.  
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, May 6, 2015, 4:04pm; Reply: 24
To be fair if your anniversary is at later stages of World Cup you have nothing to worry about!!!
:)
Posted by: the driver, May 6, 2015, 4:16pm; Reply: 25
Unfortunately I am looking after the wife also last time I went to Wembley we lost so I could be a bad luck charm
Posted by: mariner83, May 6, 2015, 4:27pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from the driver
also last time I went to Wembley we lost  

Well that applies to most of us  ::)
Posted by: GrimRob, May 6, 2015, 5:03pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from mariner83

Well that applies to most of us  ::)

We've got a 100% record in Wembley play-off finals  :)
Posted by: Tinymariner, May 6, 2015, 5:22pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I'm at work unfortunately but will be done for 2.30pm so will be straight home to watch it, my lad is going though, I would love to have gone though. :o

KO at 2pm isnt it?
Posted by: big al, May 6, 2015, 5:35pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from the driver
Unfortunately I am looking after the wife also last time I went to Wembley we lost so I could be a bad luck charm

I think that must include everyone on the fishy then - but I'm no Jonah
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 6, 2015, 5:45pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Tinymariner

KO at 2pm isnt it?

Yes I think you are right, will have to make do with the 2nd half then. :o will be able to catch the first 30 minutes of commentary  I suppose.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 6, 2015, 6:16pm; Reply: 31
I'm off because I'm planning on tying the Mrs up and locking her up in the attic 24 hrs before just to make sure there can't be any last minute fvcking jobs she suddenly creates !
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 6, 2015, 6:25pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from big al

I think that must include everyone on the fishy then - but I'm no Jonah

I'm sure everyone who can make it will have a whale of a time ;)
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), May 6, 2015, 6:28pm; Reply: 33
Have some people been reading Lincolns forum on sh1t excuses on why not to travel?  
Posted by: northbankmariner, May 6, 2015, 9:46pm; Reply: 34
Working on the 17th at the minute. But speaking with a work colleague today who is a massive hull city fan. He is desperate to get this Saturday off so he can go to the burnley game at hull so I think a swapping of shifts might be in order. Rescued by a tigers fan I would never have dreamed it lol.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 6, 2015, 10:24pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

I'm sure everyone who can make it will have a whale of a time ;)

Ain't necessarily so.
Posted by: realist, May 6, 2015, 11:12pm; Reply: 36
I can't go because I'm working. Day off refused because "you are vital to the running of this operation"

Gosh, didn't realise someone paid that little could be so important
Posted by: MarinersOnTheUp, May 6, 2015, 11:20pm; Reply: 37
Doubt I'll make it sadly. 😢😤

Being 17 and only having a voluntary job on Wednesday Thursday nights and occasional Saturday mornings I don't think I'll be afford the train fare and Wembley ticket.

I don't really want to have money from my mum either, she has her own things to worry about.

Mate who I go to games with is in a similar situation.

BUT...

I will be wearing my town shirts and covering my room in GTFC flags and scales and the pair of us can watch it there if we can't go. Still obviously singing and shouting as if we was ther!  (not sure what the neighbours will think!)

UTM 😀
Posted by: Tommy, May 6, 2015, 11:38pm; Reply: 38
Quoted Text
You sure the course will be on?  

Yeah, it's a Lincs FA course so theres potentially people from Lincoln/Boston/Sleaford on this course so they won't cancel it. I have rang up to check and it is going ahead. I'm on a mates stag do abroad at the end of the month too so not sure I could've spared the 100-odd quid Wembley would cost.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, May 7, 2015, 6:20am; Reply: 39
Quoted from arryarryarry
I'm not not going.

Is that a stutter? ;-)
Posted by: gary_elton, May 7, 2015, 10:12am; Reply: 40
I fly to Spain on the 12th and fly back on the 19th , got a week of gigs on the Costa del Sol...

but I will be looking for a pub / bar with BT Sports to try and watch it...

I have bought tickets for the girlfriend and her lad tho.... they will be there....

UTM !!! COME ON TOWN !!!
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 7, 2015, 5:53pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Yes I think you are right, will have to make do with the 2nd half then. :o will be able to catch the first 30 minutes of commentary  I suppose.

Why don't you record it Chris,?

As soon as you get home watch the game from the start,

Just do not let anybody tell you the result before you have watched all the game.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 7, 2015, 5:58pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from gary_elton
I fly to Spain on the 12th and fly back on the 19th , got a week of gigs on the Costa del Sol...

but I will be looking for a pub / bar with BT Sports to try and watch it...

I have bought tickets for the girlfriend and her lad tho.... they will be there....

UTM !!! COME ON TOWN !!!

I have got a gig in Vegas Gary its with Rihanna,

BUT

I told her I can not make it, Towns at Wembley. 8)
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, May 8, 2015, 11:41am; Reply: 43
For those fans who cannot afford the travel is there not others travelling in cars who could offer a lift at pretty low costs?

May help a few students get there?
Posted by: big al, May 8, 2015, 2:28pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
For those fans who cannot afford the travel is there not others travelling in cars who could offer a lift at pretty low costs?

May help a few students get there?

Very good point. Surely we can show a bit of solidarity and help each other out. Not necessarily to bolster the numbers but simply to show the sense of camaraderie and shared experience between us. An experience like this doesn't come around that often.
Posted by: kiwi pete, May 9, 2015, 12:41am; Reply: 45
sorry won't be going , too far ,too expensive to travel from down under.
hope to be able to hear or see the match online
anyone know who will screening it or broadcasting the game

kiwi pete ex Grimsby
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 9, 2015, 7:24am; Reply: 46
Quoted from kiwi pete
sorry won't be going , too far ,too expensive to travel from down under.
hope to be able to hear or see the match online
anyone know who will screening it or broadcasting the game

kiwi pete ex Grimsby

BT Sport will be showing it live and Radio Humberside will be doing commentary so you should be able to get some sort of stream to watch out there.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 4:17pm