Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jimgtfc, May 5, 2015, 9:15am
Anyone got theirs yet? It's pretty straight forward actually, not confirmed mine yet, only offering me row 4, would like to be a bit higher than that. I'll try again in 10.
Posted by: gtfc98, May 5, 2015, 9:17am; Reply: 1
did you do it online? Does anyone have a map of the tickets available?
Posted by: AndyGTFC, May 5, 2015, 9:22am; Reply: 2
Yeah, only getting the lower rows too so just waiting a bit. That's the only thing about a pre-sale and not being able to directly pick your seats.
Posted by: H19P1, May 5, 2015, 9:28am; Reply: 3
http://www.seetickets.com/venue/seatingplan/873265
Posted by: BIGChris, May 5, 2015, 9:33am; Reply: 4
Just bought 16 tickets in row 44 using the online system
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 5, 2015, 9:35am; Reply: 5
Out of interest Chris what were the charges for that ?
Posted by: BIGChris, May 5, 2015, 9:38am; Reply: 6
16 x £3 = £48 plus postage
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 5, 2015, 9:38am; Reply: 7
VANARAMA CONFERENCE PROMOTION FINAL - GRIMSBY TOWN
Wembley Stadium, London
Sunday, 17 May 2015 at 2.00 PM
Doors open: 12.30 PM
2 FULL PRICE CATEGORY 1 SEATS (NO CONCESSIONS)      £44.00
Block: 102 - Row:      
Including booking fee     £3.00 per ticket
Transaction Fee     £2.35
Total     £90.35

It's like waiting for Christmas when you are a kid. Not been this excited for a long time (clap)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 5, 2015, 9:41am; Reply: 8
£48 fee for one transaction is an absolute disgrace.

twits.
Posted by: gtfc98, May 5, 2015, 9:45am; Reply: 9
Quoted from jonnyboy82

twits.

worth it to see you get a hotdog rammed up your backside though fella!! UTM
Posted by: jimgtfc, May 5, 2015, 9:50am; Reply: 10
What block is that BC?
Posted by: BIGChris, May 5, 2015, 9:51am; Reply: 11
Quoted from jonnyboy82

twits.

Totally agree but they have fans by the balls. I have to look at it as £44 per ticket with no charge other than postage, although even that is extortionate
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 5, 2015, 9:52am; Reply: 12
Quoted from gtfc98

worth it to see you get a hotdog rammed up your backside though fella!! UTM

whatever floats your boat  ;D

listen I will take em all day long if lenny bags the winner to send us up.
Posted by: LH, May 5, 2015, 9:59am; Reply: 13
Am I missing something with the online sales? It says it is closed until Thursday.
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 5, 2015, 10:07am; Reply: 14
Quoted from LH
Am I missing something with the online sales? It says it is closed until Thursday.

I had the same problem until Speedy posted me the link.

http://sport.seetickets.com/football/team/grimsby-town
Posted by: LH, May 5, 2015, 10:11am; Reply: 15
Cheers. Got it now. Bit restricted in where we can sit with my group due to financial reasons and was hoping to get in the second tier behind the goal for a better view so will either wait or get my mate to stop penny pinching and go in the £41s.
Posted by: poomehellt, May 5, 2015, 12:24pm; Reply: 16
Just booked mine, block 116, row 32.  That will do for me, cheaper ticket range, high row, away from the riff raff singing section :P
Posted by: MrsMariner, May 5, 2015, 12:35pm; Reply: 17
So how's this working those of you who have bought tickets, do you get to choose the block your buying seats in & is this online, or do you need to ring up to choose your block
Thanks in advance to any one who answers
Posted by: Caesar, May 5, 2015, 12:36pm; Reply: 18
Not a season ticket holder so will have to wait till Thursday morning, definitely will be the most important thing for me to do that day!  Can I ask how easy is it to pick your block and seats?  
Posted by: BIGChris, May 5, 2015, 12:41pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from MrsMariner
So how's this working those of you who have bought tickets, do you get to choose the block your buying seats in & is this online, or do you need to ring up to choose your block

Waited on the phone for 40 mins but still no answer? Logged in and booked online, no choice of block just catagory. Ended up with the top row of the lower tier which is fine with me.

Dont know if i would have been given a choice of block on the phone
Posted by: gtfc98, May 5, 2015, 12:44pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from BIGChris

Waited on the phone for 40 mins but still no answer? Logged in and booked online, no choice of block just catagory. Ended up with the top row of the lower tier which is fine with me.

Dont know if i would have been given a choice of block on the phone

Do you get to choose whether you sit at the side/behind the goal? I'm wanting to book mine today but forgot to bring my season ticket book to work!
Posted by: poomehellt, May 5, 2015, 12:45pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from MrsMariner

Booked mine online. Get a range of blocks to choose from, for each different pricing category. When you've chosen your block/how many tickets you want it tells you your seat numbers and row number, so if you want to you could go back at that point to choose a different block if you wasn't happy which row you where on and search other blocks.

Fairly easy, but there was a timer on how long you could spend playing around before you would have to start again.
Posted by: BIGChris, May 5, 2015, 1:12pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from gtfc98

Do you get to choose whether you sit at the side/behind the goal? I'm wanting to book mine today but forgot to bring my season ticket book to work!

Yes
Posted by: jimgtfc, May 5, 2015, 2:29pm; Reply: 23
Got mine sorted. Block 102 (nearest to half way line) row 32. Happy with that. Pretty easy booking, as others said you select your category (cat 1 side of pitch, cat 2 behind goal) then your block ( have a seating plan on hand) then it offers you the 'best available' seats. If you don't like what they've given you, for example row 1, then just go back and repeat it. I did it umpteen times this morning until I got the seats I was happy with.
Posted by: Grimal, May 5, 2015, 3:31pm; Reply: 24
Sadly for family reasons I won't be able to go to the final,so if anyone needs my season ticket number  just PM me,first to get in touch can have it.

UTM.Come on Town we can do it.(100)
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, May 5, 2015, 3:52pm; Reply: 25
Going to book mine tomorrow does anyone know if OAP get any kind of discount see juniors under 16 do but can't find anywhere that says if OAP's do thanks
Posted by: jimgtfc, May 5, 2015, 3:55pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from TwoLeftFeet
Going to book mine tomorrow does anyone know if OAP get any kind of discount see juniors under 16 do but can't find anywhere that says if OAP's do thanks

No they don't, only under 16s are classed as concessions.
Posted by: TwoLeftFeet, May 5, 2015, 4:03pm; Reply: 27
Cheers for that was wondering if that was the case
Posted by: ackomariner, May 5, 2015, 6:05pm; Reply: 28
Just got two tickets, block 116, row 38

Wanted to be on the side but not paying 40 quid for a 15 yr old, the robbing twits
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 5, 2015, 7:06pm; Reply: 29
Don't think there are any bad views at Wembley last time we were there they were filling blocks up at a time working there way around the allocated end.
Posted by: cod_head_doug, May 5, 2015, 7:52pm; Reply: 30
For anyone who is not of the "new generation" just be aware that there is a timer on the booking website. Me, being a fooking dinosaur, got timed out three times before the missus took over. According to the club shop, if you phone up for tickets it costs 6p a minute and you could be on for over half an hour.
With the booking fee, it is nothing short of legalised extortion!
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 5, 2015, 9:05pm; Reply: 31
I wonder how many people aged 70+ who regularly go to the matches, but don't even have a computer or internet phone etc.  Hell some people still don't use a bank card, let alone visa debit or credit cards.

I will guess those without any close family will miss out on the occasion this time around due to tickets not being available from Blundell Park ticket offices.
Posted by: Vance Warner, May 5, 2015, 9:16pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I wonder how many people aged 70+ who regularly go to the matches, but don't even have a computer or internet phone etc.  Hell some people still don't use a bank card, let alone visa debit or credit cards.

I will guess those without any close family will miss out on the occasion this time around due to tickets not being available from Blundell Park ticket offices.

And they have to pay full price
Posted by: ska face, May 5, 2015, 10:57pm; Reply: 33
Say 60,000 tickets are bought, that's £180,000 immediately removed from the game and put straight into the pockets of the shithouses at SeeTickets - and to what end?

Sorry to labour the point, but it really does knock me flipping sick.

I've spent most of my adult life telling fans of premier league clubs to boycott matches if they weren't happy with the pricing, now they've got me over a barrel and i feel like a complete hypocrite.
Posted by: marinernige, May 5, 2015, 11:09pm; Reply: 34
Just booked nineteen tickets in block 103 , rows 20 and 21 , me and the missus did it on two laptops at the same time , as we couldn't book nineteen together. So hotel booked , newmarket race tickets booked, Wembley tickets booked , just got to pay for everything now, lol.(minor problem)
Posted by: gtfc98, May 6, 2015, 8:41am; Reply: 35
I thought there was an option to pick them up from BP? I can't see that when I'm booking mine. Only get the £6 secured delivery or £2 first class?
Posted by: GrimRob, May 6, 2015, 8:53am; Reply: 36
Quoted from ska face
Say 60,000 tickets are bought, that's £180,000 immediately removed from the game and put straight into the pockets of the shithouses at SeeTickets - and to what end?

Sorry to labour the point, but it really does knock me flipping sick.

I've spent most of my adult life telling fans of premier league clubs to boycott matches if they weren't happy with the pricing, now they've got me over a barrel and i feel like a complete hypocrite.

Seeickets could end up making more money than the football club! Don't buy anything in or outsude the stadium and buy all your merchandise from GTFC and you'll get your booking fee back and your money will be going where you'd like it to end up not in the pockets of some agency.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, May 6, 2015, 9:16am; Reply: 37
Take your packing up too. The only good use for the food there is shoving the sausages up Johnny's arris.
Posted by: topuphere666, May 6, 2015, 9:43am; Reply: 38
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Take your packing up too. The only good use for the food there is shoving the sausages up Johnny's arris.

I've planned a visit to Nandos before the game if you want to join me mate. There's one 5 mins away from the ground
Posted by: winston, May 6, 2015, 9:43am; Reply: 39
If anybody has a Yorkshire bank signature account they have 11% off see ticket bookings . Only noticed after I booked 4 tickets in block 103 row 21 late last night .
Posted by: gtfc98, May 6, 2015, 9:43am; Reply: 40
Quoted from topuphere666

I've planned a visit to Nandos before the game if you want to join me mate. There's one 5 mins away from the ground

GTFC takeover of Nandos?
Posted by: topuphere666, May 6, 2015, 9:44am; Reply: 41
Quoted from gtfc98

GTFC takeover of Nandos?

That would be awesome!! I'm heading there 12 ish
Posted by: winston, May 6, 2015, 9:45am; Reply: 42
If anybody has a Yorkshire bank signature account they have 11% off see ticket bookings . Only noticed after I booked 4 tickets in block 103 row 21 late last night .
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 6, 2015, 2:21pm; Reply: 43
I think i'll give the hospitality a miss -    

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/article/hospitality-at-wembley-stadium-2443360.aspx?
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, May 6, 2015, 7:12pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from topuphere666

Might well do Sam.
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, May 7, 2015, 7:01am; Reply: 45
I appreciate that some people will be getting slashed off with ticket sales talk - but I seriously feel it is going to be a very low turn out from Town. I think around 10,000-12,000 max. Only 2,000 sold as of end of play Wednesday & STH can purchase as many as they like...?
Posted by: ska face, May 7, 2015, 8:14am; Reply: 46
Quoted from Peeler_Crab
I appreciate that some people will be getting slashed off with ticket sales talk - but I seriously feel it is going to be a very low turn out from Town. I think around 10,000-12,000 max. Only 2,000 sold as of end of play Wednesday & STH can purchase as many as they like...?

...and?

Yeah it's nice to get to Wembley, what with all the pomp and ceremony that goes with it, but ultimately the prize isn't being at Wembley - it's the opportunity to win promotion that's important.

It's not '98 anymore - we have now been to the national stadium another 3 times in the last 10 years, which isn't bad going at all. The novelty has well and truly worn off, Wembley isn't seen with the reverence it once commanded and most town fans have already been there (twice) and had their fingers burned in one way or another.

I think back to last Thursday - looking around that crowd of 600, i could have probably named 200 and recognised most of the rest. Next Sunday is for the likes of these people - not the arseholes who sat behind me at Cardiff telling me to sit down after Mildenhall saved that pen.

There will be very few looking to be there "just to be there", and a win is ultimately the only thing that people are after, not "the experience".

It's been said countless times before, but numbers count for sweet intercourse all at Wembley. Who remembers how many fans Leeds took over Donny in 2008? Or how many Milwall took over Wigan in 2013? Nobody. The only thing that people remember, and the only thing that matters, is the result on the day.

As long as everyone who wants a ticket can get one, that's fine by me. This flipping hand-wringing about how many we've sold or haven't sold, as if it makes an ounce of difference, is pathetic.
Posted by: Jaws, May 7, 2015, 9:24am; Reply: 47
Can only get rows 10 and under in 111 not sure where to sit.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, May 7, 2015, 9:39am; Reply: 48
Quoted from Jaws
Can only get rows 10 and under in 111 not sure where to sit.

Give them a ring
Posted by: brigg_mariner, May 7, 2015, 9:44am; Reply: 49
I just got 7 on row 11 block 111.
Posted by: Jaws, May 7, 2015, 9:58am; Reply: 50
Here's a tip. If you select your tickets and the system gives you tickets you don't want. Don't click release tickets, click back in the browser (or backspace on the keyboard). Then it saves your preference and just hit buy tickets again.

This way seemed to give me different rows, further and further back until I got what I wanted.

Clicking release tickets ended up giving me the same 2 or 3 rows over and over again. Also makes you select your preference again.
Posted by: gtfc98, May 7, 2015, 10:20am; Reply: 51
Quoted from Jaws
Here's a tip. If you select your tickets and the system gives you tickets you don't want. Don't click release tickets, click back in the browser (or backspace on the keyboard). Then it saves your preference and just hit buy tickets again.

This way seemed to give me different rows, further and further back until I got what I wanted.

Clicking release tickets ended up giving me the same 2 or 3 rows over and over again. Also makes you select your preference again.

same method I used. It's easy enough to get sat where you want
Posted by: gary_elton, May 7, 2015, 10:31am; Reply: 52
Here's another tip... get the wembley stadium seating plan on your pc , then fone up

0871 220 0260  The lady at See Tickets ( based in Nottingham ) was a town fan , and
she simply sold me the two seats I asked for... row 38 , block 111 ( singing section )
aisle seats  first row above the exit/entrance steps so no-one is blocking the view either...

Excellent  !!!
Posted by: Caesar, May 7, 2015, 10:53am; Reply: 53
Wish I saw that elton  before I bought mine this morning, did it online and could only get row 10 in block 111, ah well won't care about the view if the result is right! UTM
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 7, 2015, 11:10am; Reply: 54
My daughter is 17 but young looking should I buy adult or kids ? Am I ripping my club off or ripping Wembley off any thoughts  :Xj
Posted by: Richard, May 7, 2015, 11:26am; Reply: 55
get her a kids   ,dont think about robbing the marriners as you spend your cash in club shop ect  just think your robbing brizzol and fa
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 7, 2015, 11:27am; Reply: 56
That's what I was thinking Richard
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 7, 2015, 11:41am; Reply: 57
Get her a kids one !!
Posted by: headingly_mariner, May 7, 2015, 11:44am; Reply: 58
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
My daughter is 17 but young looking should I buy adult or kids ? Am I ripping my club off or ripping Wembley off any thoughts  :Xj

get a kids one
Posted by: pizzzza, May 7, 2015, 12:34pm; Reply: 59
Just bought 12 tickets block 134.
Posted by: Blundelluk, May 7, 2015, 1:08pm; Reply: 60
36 in block 110 rows 36-39 UTM
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 7, 2015, 1:19pm; Reply: 61
Just bought 6 block 110
Posted by: MrsMariner, May 7, 2015, 1:21pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from pizzzza
Just bought 12 tickets block 134.

Why
Posted by: Trawler, May 7, 2015, 1:48pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from gary_elton
Here's another tip... get the wembley stadium seating plan on your pc , then fone up

0871 220 0260  The lady at See Tickets ( based in Nottingham ) was a town fan , and
she simply sold me the two seats I asked for... row 38 , block 111 ( singing section )
aisle seats  first row above the exit/entrance steps so no-one is blocking the view either...

Excellent  !!!

And for those that don't want to pay 10p per minute on the 0871 phone number call them on 0115 912 9000
Posted by: grimps, May 7, 2015, 2:00pm; Reply: 64

We should all get kids tickets as there will be nobody on the gate checking , you just scan them and the gate opens
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 7, 2015, 2:01pm; Reply: 65
I may have missed it but have the club organised something for those that are not internet savvy to be able to pop down to the ground and have a dedicated staff member to do the on-line stuff.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 7, 2015, 2:10pm; Reply: 66
Ffs  (grimps) you are the last person who needs to save a few quid on tickets considering last I heard you owned a small African oil state  ;)
Posted by: grimps, May 7, 2015, 3:14pm; Reply: 67
Ffs  (grimps) you are the last person who needs to save a few quid on tickets considering last I heard you owned a small African oil state  ;)

Old habbits die hard , I'll be shop lifting in the services all the way down too just for old times sake  ;)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 7, 2015, 3:54pm; Reply: 68
Ha ha
Posted by: lobsterpot, May 7, 2015, 4:14pm; Reply: 69
I wanted 2 rows of 8 yesterday so bought the 1st lot in block 117 on the corner then bought a 2nd lot on the same seats but the row behind, brilliant! Only downside is i had to pay 2 lots of postage but what the hell eh better than 16 peeps in a row shouting back n fourth to each other now we can all mob up when town score!
Posted by: GyMariner, May 7, 2015, 4:34pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from Blundelluk
36 in block 110 rows 36-39 UTM

8 in block 110 row 44 watch your heads!! ;)
Posted by: fishyrich, May 7, 2015, 6:56pm; Reply: 71
3 on row 20, block 111, well happy!!!

Phoning took ages but def worth the wait on hold. The guy was really helpful

Roll on next Sunday

UTM
Posted by: lukeo, May 7, 2015, 7:16pm; Reply: 72
Block 110 row 11 :D UTM!
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, May 7, 2015, 7:41pm; Reply: 73
Block 225 (Club Wembley)  one block from half way, front row. Nice.
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, May 7, 2015, 8:33pm; Reply: 74
Done it. Block 225, row 6.
Perfect!!!!! :)
Posted by: Spidey, May 7, 2015, 10:55pm; Reply: 75
2 in block 110 row 38! Happy with that. When looking online I could only go as high as row 23, phoned them up and got 38.
Posted by: jimgtfc, May 7, 2015, 11:14pm; Reply: 76
If your at the back of the lower tier (goes up to row 44) don't forget the over hang of the tier above, it does alter the atmosphere some what.
Posted by: GyMariner, May 7, 2015, 11:34pm; Reply: 77
I'm on row 44 block 110 and there doesn't seem to be much of an over hang looking at pictures from the blocks directly behind the goal, the over hangs seem to be on the side!!
Posted by: jimgtfc, May 8, 2015, 10:59am; Reply: 78
Anyone received theirs yet? Mine just arrived in the post! !
Posted by: Hagrid, May 8, 2015, 11:55am; Reply: 79
got mine this morning!! UTM
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 8, 2015, 12:20pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from Hagrid
got mine this morning!! UTM

Same here.

5 seats on rows 32, 33 and 34 of Block 110.
Posted by: codcheeky, May 8, 2015, 4:49pm; Reply: 81
In block 111 row 22
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, May 8, 2015, 8:05pm; Reply: 82
8 of us block 111 Row 18
Posted by: Richard Cranium, May 8, 2015, 8:19pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from ska face

...and?

Yeah it's nice to get to Wembley, what with all the pomp and ceremony that goes with it, but ultimately the prize isn't being at Wembley - it's the opportunity to win promotion that's important.

It's not '98 anymore - we have now been to the national stadium another 3 times in the last 10 years, which isn't bad going at all. The novelty has well and truly worn off, Wembley isn't seen with the reverence it once commanded and most town fans have already been there (twice) and had their fingers burned in one way or another.

I think back to last Thursday - looking around that crowd of 600, i could have probably named 200 and recognised most of the rest. Next Sunday is for the likes of these people - not the arseholes who sat behind me at Cardiff telling me to sit down after Mildenhall saved that pen.

There will be very few looking to be there "just to be there", and a win is ultimately the only thing that people are after, not "the experience".

It's been said countless times before, but numbers count for sweet intercourse all at Wembley. Who remembers how many fans Leeds took over Donny in 2008? Or how many Milwall took over Wigan in 2013? Nobody. The only thing that people remember, and the only thing that matters, is the result on the day.

As long as everyone who wants a ticket can get one, that's fine by me. This flipping hand-wringing about how many we've sold or haven't sold, as if it makes an ounce of difference, is pathetic.
Completely agree with you. General erection continuing for most of them

Posted by: marinernige, May 8, 2015, 9:08pm; Reply: 84
Totally agree , only stat that will be remembered and only one that matters is the result , most TOWN fans that will be there know, the importance of this match , and will back the team accordingly.UTM
Posted by: mr b, May 8, 2015, 10:19pm; Reply: 85
4 block 112 row 25 hopefully not too near the front :-/
Posted by: lobsterpot, May 9, 2015, 7:58am; Reply: 86
Right them i'm a little confused. I ordered 2 rows of 8 tickets on Tuesday teatime as a priority season ticket holder and all that balderdash and paid 2 lots of £6 odd for special delivery. I recieve an email yesterday to tell me my tickets will arrive in the next 2-3 days. I go on facebook and every man and his dog, who ordered them on Wednesday, some peeps after 9pm, have already had theirs thru the letterbox and only paid for standard delivery??? I know i will eventually get the tickets but am i right to feel a little agreived?
Posted by: MrsMariner, May 9, 2015, 8:12am; Reply: 87
Quoted from lobsterpot
Right them i'm a little confused. I ordered 2 rows of 8 tickets on Tuesday teatime as a priority season ticket holder and all that balderdash and paid 2 lots of £6 odd for special delivery. I recieve an email yesterday to tell me my tickets will arrive in the next 2-3 days. I go on facebook and every man and his dog, who ordered them on Wednesday, some peeps after 9pm, have already had theirs thru the letterbox and only paid for standard delivery??? I know i will eventually get the tickets but am i right to feel a little agreived?

Yes I certainly would be
I rang up to get mine because like you I wanted 2 rows but didn't want to pay 2 lots of postage
You would think there would have been an option to put your first row tickets in your basket & then go back & buy your next row before completing your purchase
Posted by: Mariners_15, May 9, 2015, 2:42pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from lobsterpot

Don't blame you to be fair. I paid for mine Thursday night and had them delivered this morning (standard delivery). Give them a call and try get them to refund your special delivery charge. They was very helpful over the phone with me on Thursday night (changed seats) so sure they'd do something for you. I wouldn't email though, very unhelpful.
Posted by: lobsterpot, May 10, 2015, 9:47am; Reply: 89
Thanks for the advice folks. I did email them but, as you said 15, all i got back was a robot generated email suggesting i contact Royal Mail. To be honest did i expect anything less? Anyhows, the tickets are here now so no point crying over spilt milk eh. Even if i rang up it would cost me the refund in call charges!
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 5:13pm