Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Poll Data Not Available with Printable Version
Posted by: N2K, May 4, 2015, 5:07pm
Just curious...
Posted by: Abdul19, May 4, 2015, 5:21pm; Reply: 1
My money's on the UF winning
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 4, 2015, 5:27pm; Reply: 2
Always used to stand in The Pontoon (or The Osmond when we switched home ends) but when we went all-seater I had a season ticket in The Pontoon for the first season, but thought the view was terrible so tried The Upper Findus the following season and have been there ever since.
Posted by: chaos33, May 4, 2015, 6:09pm; Reply: 3
Have been in every area over the years, although mostly the Ponny. Main stand now, usually.
Posted by: Caesar, May 4, 2015, 6:21pm; Reply: 4
At home may be popular! When I can get up to Blundell Park the Pontoon has to be my choice, tbh despite having a worse view I just like being behind the goals when goals go in and the players run in that direction.
Posted by: Hagrid, May 4, 2015, 7:30pm; Reply: 5
upper findus. K102
Posted by: GiveUsAG, May 4, 2015, 8:06pm; Reply: 6
Pontoon, left side, at the top of the Pontoon above the exit tunnel.  8)
Posted by: gtfc98, May 4, 2015, 8:14pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from N2K
Just curious...

Are you Aaron Rattray in disguise?
Posted by: highcliff mariner, May 4, 2015, 8:31pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Les Brechin
Always used to stand in The Pontoon (or The Osmond when we switched home ends) but when we went all-seater I had a season ticket in The Pontoon for the first season, but thought the view was terrible so tried The Upper Findus the following season and have been there ever since.

Same ! As my youngest would say
Posted by: N2K, May 4, 2015, 8:34pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from gtfc98

Are you Aaron Rattray in disguise?

Don't insult me like that!!!
Posted by: JoeTheMariner, May 4, 2015, 8:37pm; Reply: 10
Had a ST with my brother in the Pontoon this year however considering moving to the LF. I sat there yesterday and even though we were seated on the front row it was better than being behind a post.
Posted by: Jaws, May 4, 2015, 11:13pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from JoeTheMariner
Had a ST with my brother in the Pontoon this year however considering moving to the LF. I sat there yesterday and even though we were seated on the front row it was better than being behind a post.

I moved to the lower findus during the game and was suprised by the view, very good. But almost felt like watching a Sunday league game due to the fact there's hardly anyone round you due to the size of it.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 5, 2015, 12:08am; Reply: 12
Within listening distance of the laptop.

When I get up it tends to be the Main Stand these days as I take the girls. Been in all sections on a regular basis bar the Osmond.
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, May 5, 2015, 6:50am; Reply: 13
Pontoon, just to right of goal
Posted by: big al, May 5, 2015, 10:16am; Reply: 14
Used to stand in the Imperial Corner - same spot, same step.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 5, 2015, 5:54pm; Reply: 15
Makes you think, if we ever get a new ground, does one of the side stands need to be 2 tier?

I guess people are used to sitting 30ft up in the air...
Posted by: mariner tommy, May 5, 2015, 7:35pm; Reply: 16
Season ticket in the Main Stand, row K, have done now for years.
Good view and well sheltered.
Been in the UF once or twice for cup games, the view is great but it's too bloody cold !

UTM
Posted by: The Yard Dog, May 5, 2015, 9:46pm; Reply: 17
Pitch side on a white stool bloody freezing in the winter
Posted by: Grimal, May 6, 2015, 11:24am; Reply: 18
Back row,Upper Findus,Looking straight down the halfway line. Bloody cold most of the time but fantastic view and a great bunch of fellas in that area..
Posted by: fiveallive, May 6, 2015, 11:57am; Reply: 19
I use to sit in Pontoon for years because that's where my dad likes to sit but convinced him to try the Lower Findus the Lower is a great stand you get a little wet at times, i remember when we played Bournemouth back in 2009 or 2010 and it hammered it down everyone running for cover made me laugh that why you choose the LF for.

If the lower is sold out i go to the top of the Pontoon and stand.
Posted by: BIGChris, May 6, 2015, 1:36pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Grimal
Back row,Upper Findus,Looking straight down the halfway line. Bloody cold most of the time but fantastic view and a great bunch of fellas in that area..

You should see the bloke who sits 2 rows behind me, he's a right........
Posted by: lukeo, May 6, 2015, 9:29pm; Reply: 21
I put at home but usually playing myself in  the Devon and Exeter league.. When i lived in Grimsby i was a main stander for 3-4 years before ditching my grandad for the Pontoon top left.
Posted by: LH, May 6, 2015, 9:30pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from BIGChris

There's a few weirdos on my row too.
Posted by: Grimal, May 6, 2015, 10:10pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from BIGChris

Ha Ha !  Thanks for that Chris,you wait until next season,I'll give you some stick. (fishfish).

By the way,it wasn't me that gave you the red X  for your post.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 7, 2015, 2:17pm; Reply: 24
Like fiveallive I use to be a pontoonite but now I sit in the Lower findus stand, I love it in the Lower it has a great view and I love the atmosphere in there.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 2:39pm