Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 4, 2015, 3:38pm
Terrible news, get well soon Greavsie,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32580282
Posted by: Meza, May 4, 2015, 3:42pm; Reply: 1
I saw that earlier Jimmy is someone i loved on tv (saint and greasvie).  Not seen him play i was way too young then but his goalscoring record is excellent 44 gls in 54 int apps....wow not bad that.

Get well soon Jimmy
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 4, 2015, 4:51pm; Reply: 2
Saw this on Twitter earlier...really sad news. His family seem to want to keep things private so to me that doesn't sound too good. Hopefully though he'll make a speedy recovery

I was lucky enough to meet him a few years back..in Florida on my honeymoon

He was out with his wife at a restaurant and unknown to me and my Mrs when we went in they were sitting at the next table to us

As we were eating and even though we'd only been married a few days I was getting the old "you're not listening to me" line  :D

The reason was though because I was sure I could hear Greavsie's voice and so I got the the old "football - that's all you think of" line too, but sure enough even though there was a partition between our tables it was the great man out for his evening meal

Anyway as they'd more or less finished off, they came to our table and had a chat with us and made us feel really special. He was telling me about his favourite rides to go on and which theme parks he liked and we had a chin wag about football in general and Town of course

A real gent and his wife was lovely too, so thinking of him and his family at this time...just hope he pulls through and is back on his feet soon.

Get well soon Jimmy
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 4, 2015, 5:46pm; Reply: 3
Legend.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, May 4, 2015, 8:19pm; Reply: 4
My first footballing hero, before I saw Sir Matt, and to me the greatest goalscorer there has ever been. He was to be accepted into the Tottenham hall of fame next week so get well soon and take your rightful place with a few other greats of yesteryear.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 4, 2015, 8:43pm; Reply: 5
Just and only just before my time but looking at old footage the best finisher I have seen and also someone who should be commended for not only being an excellent player but also overcoming personal challenges where others have shrunk and faded..........Clearly another big challenge ahead but fingers crossed!  
Posted by: barralad, May 4, 2015, 8:50pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Just and only just before my time but looking at old footage the best finisher I have seen and also someone who should be commended for not only being an excellent player but also overcoming personal challenges where others have shrunk and faded..........Clearly another big challenge ahead but fingers crossed!  

Scored on his debut for every club he played for. Was unlucky to miss out on the World Cup final in 66 really...
Posted by: Grimal, May 4, 2015, 9:25pm; Reply: 7
A great personality and is one of my all time favourite players. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 9:13am