Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: paulgtfc, May 4, 2015, 1:30pm
Same offer for each CL match this week.

Bet £50 pre match; get risk free in-play bet of same amount.  Use full hedging of pre match bet (ie lay off on Betfair); use partial hedging for risk free bet (ie partly lay off on Betfair) - you take a small loss on pre match bet (£5 on Juve game; less than £2 on Barca game for me) but you should make around £30 on in play bet.  To maximise the in play profit, use the risk free and partial hedging bets ASAP after kick off - you need as small a margin as possible between Bet 365 odds and Betfair odds (not so easy after a goal has been scored) and you need to look at a market with odds comfortably over 2/1 so that you can make around £30 profit.

The above only goes wrong if a goal is scored between placing the Bet 365 in play bet and partially laying this off on Betfair.  If you have both sites open at the same time, there is only a very small window for this to happen.

Juve - I backed £50 at 2/1 on Bet 365; laid off £50 at 3.1 on Betfair (backing draw and laying off would have given £5 loss too when I looked).

Barca  - I backed £50 at 7/10 on Bet 365; laid off £51 at 1.72 on Betfair (less than £2 loss)

PS Don't forget Betfair commission on any winning bets.  And of course you need to finance both the back and lay bets but the reward should be at least £50 overall profit from the 2 games; that is after any Betfair commissions and the profit will result however each match finishes.

Get in there, get involved and good luck  8)
Posted by: moosey_club, May 4, 2015, 1:35pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from paulgtfc
Same offer for each CL match this week.

Bet £50 pre match; get risk free in-play bet of same amount.  Use full hedging of pre match bet (ie lay off on Betfair); use partial hedging for risk free bet (ie partly lay off on Betfair) - you take a small loss on pre match bet (£5 on Juve game; less than £2 on Barca game for me) but you should make around £30 on in play bet.  To maximise the in play profit, use the risk free and partial hedging bets ASAP after kick off - you need as small a margin as possible between Bet 365 odds and Betfair odds (not so easy after a goal has been scored) and you need to look at a market with odds comfortably over 2/1 so that you can make around £30 profit.

The above only goes wrong if a goal is scored between placing the Bet 365 in play bet and partially laying this off on Betfair.  If you have both sites open at the same time, there is only a very small window for this to happen.

Juve - I backed £50 at 2/1 on Bet 365; laid off £50 at 3.1 on Betfair (backing draw and laying off would have given £5 loss too when I looked).

Barca  - I backed £50 at 7/10 on Bet 365; laid off £51 at 1.72 on Betfair (less than £2 loss)

PS Don't forget Betfair commission on any winning bets.  And of course you need to finance both the back and lay bets but the reward should be at least £50 overall profit from the 2 games; that is after any Betfair commissions and the profit will result however each match finishes.

Get in there, get involved and good luck  8)

Bet 365 have notified me i am no longer eligible for any of their offers.... :B
Posted by: Abdul19, May 4, 2015, 1:38pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from moosey_club

Has your wife/husband/dog got an account? ;)
Posted by: paulgtfc, May 4, 2015, 1:45pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from moosey_club

Is that cos you are too good and win too much?
Posted by: moosey_club, May 4, 2015, 1:49pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from paulgtfc

Is that cos you are too good and win too much?

Yeah pretty much, use them for offers in the main so i think they have got fed up with me just using them as a cash machine.
Posted by: paulgtfc, May 4, 2015, 1:59pm; Reply: 5
Whoops, better be careful myself.

However, my strategy above means that my profits could be on either Bet 365 or Betfair.  That means that Bet 365 can and do gain from my using their offers, ie my losing bets will be Bet 365 and my gains will be on betfair.

Paddy Power do an offer on all televised (Sky / BT Sport) Prem matches - bet £20 pre match, get two £5 risk free in play bets.  The site should show this when you click on the fixture - so Hull v Arsenal is available for this.  And yes, I have got involved!
Posted by: GrimRob, May 4, 2015, 2:03pm; Reply: 6
The bookies swap data to try and catch out people who are arbing them. If they think you are an arber your account will be limited or terminated by most of the big high street bookies in the UK. Obviously exchanges like Betfair couldn't care less about arbers because they are middlemen who win in all cases.
Posted by: paulgtfc, May 4, 2015, 2:16pm; Reply: 7
Thanks for info Rob.

I fairness I do other bets but arbing has made me almost £300 this season; hoping for around £350 by Wed.

However my arbing profits have come mainly from other punters (via Betfair) - the bookies are doing ok from me  ;)

Rob - what is your strategy on B365 in play offers or do you avoid?
Posted by: sutton mariner, May 4, 2015, 2:55pm; Reply: 8
I want to do this but don't understand betting terminology. Could someone be kind enough to walk me through it like a toddler please?
Posted by: forza ivano, May 4, 2015, 3:13pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from sutton mariner
I want to do this but don't understand betting terminology. Could someone be kind enough to walk me through it like a toddler please?

50 quid bet 365 on real at 6-5 returns 110 the bet 50 in play on draw at 9-4 returns 112.5. Open account with sky bet 35 quid on juve at 21-10 returns 108.5. You've spent 85 ( you get your 50 I play bet back, whatever happens,) and worst profit is 23 quid, on the most unlikely outcome ( a juve win).
I stand ready to be corrected as I'm no expert
Posted by: mighty_mariners, May 4, 2015, 3:16pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from sutton mariner

Try [url]http://www.olbg.com/school/lesson15.htm[/url] for a list of betting terminology, Hope that helps!
Posted by: biggles9999, May 4, 2015, 6:29pm; Reply: 11
If anyone needs a breakdown for both games I have worked this out:

Tuesday Juve v Real

£50 pregame on Real at 8/5 = £130 plus the £50 refund = £180 return or £40 profit
£50 inplay on the draw at 9/4 = £162.50 = £22.50 profit
£40 pregame with skybet on Juve at 21/10 = £124 plus £50 refund = £174 or £34 profit

Wednesday Barca v Bayern

£90 pregame on Barca  at 7/10 = £153 plus the £50 refund = £203 or £33 profit
I would recommend doing this separately (a £50 and a £40) just to ensure that it registers for the offer.
£50 inplay on the draw at 3/1 = £200 or £30 profit
£30 pregame on Bayern with Skybet at 4/1 = £150 plus the £50 refund = £200 or £30 profit.

Minimum win for everyone over the 2 days will be £52.50, covers the cost of one ticket at least  :)

Posted by: paulgtfc, May 4, 2015, 7:03pm; Reply: 12
there is no guarantee that you will get the in play bet at the desired odds. Bet 365 usually reduce the draw odds literally just before kick off. You would therefore be unlikely to get the desired profits from the draw for each game.
Posted by: barralad, May 4, 2015, 7:11pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from forza ivano

50 quid bet 365 on real at 6-5 returns 110 the bet 50 in play on draw at 9-4 returns 112.5. Open account with sky bet 35 quid on juve at 21-10 returns 108.5. You've spent 85 ( you get your 50 I play bet back, whatever happens,) and worst profit is 23 quid, on the most unlikely outcome ( a juve win).
I stand ready to be corrected as I'm no expert

Whooosh!! And that is supposed to be simple! :o

Posted by: biggles9999, May 4, 2015, 7:30pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from paulgtfc
there is no guarantee that you will get the in play bet at the desired odds. Bet 365 usually reduce the draw odds literally just before kick off. You would therefore be unlikely to get the desired profits from the draw for each game.

Yeah, I know mate. But if you get on the draw after the first minute I cant see them dropping too much so you should be fine.
Posted by: forza ivano, May 4, 2015, 8:06pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from barralad

Whooosh!! And that is supposed to be simple! :o

Oh dear. Thought that was far simpler than the betfair laying option, which I certainly don't understand!
Posted by: GrimRob, May 4, 2015, 9:04pm; Reply: 16
[quote=26]Thanks for info Rob.

I fairness I do other bets but arbing has made me almost £300 this season; hoping for around £350 by Wed.

However my arbing profits have come mainly from other punters (via Betfair) - the bookies are doing ok from me  ;)

Rob - what is your strategy on B365 in play offers or do you avoid?[/quote]

I never arb them or anyone else. B365 is one of my top four bookies and the Gambling Commission changes this year meant a lot of good bookies like Pinnacle withdrawing from the UK. I place hundreds of bets a year with them. I do not want my account restricted so  I play by the rules. If I do the offer I usually put £50 and then the same as the free bet. You are bound to win in the long run. Arbing will just see your accounts closed. You might survive for a few months but they'll be on to you.
Posted by: chaos33, May 4, 2015, 9:06pm; Reply: 17
Hold your bells....
Posted by: psgmariner, May 5, 2015, 9:42am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Abdul19

Has your wife/husband/dog got an account? ;)

Beware you can only use this offer once per address, ip address. I tried to double up using my wife's login details and it backfired!
Posted by: Abdul19, May 5, 2015, 12:33pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from psgmariner

Beware you can only use this offer once per address, ip address. I tried to double up using my wife's login details and it backfired!

This is true per offer, but if one account has been restricted (like Moosey's) then you can open up another (with their permission of course ;))
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 5, 2015, 7:54pm; Reply: 20
Everyone placed their in-plays? Gone £50 pre-game on less than 5.5 goals at 1/66 and £50 in play at 7/4 on less than 1.5 goals.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 5, 2015, 7:55pm; Reply: 21
Haha - intercourse!
Posted by: Maringer, May 5, 2015, 8:02pm; Reply: 22
Decided not to play too safe. As it stands, I'll lose 50p.

I could do with Real winning to net me a few quid though a draw would be OK as well!

Otherwise, a couple more goals please Juve...
Posted by: Maringer, May 5, 2015, 9:51pm; Reply: 23
Meh, not too bad. Just over 20 quid profit.

A late equaliser would have won me another tenner as would a Real win.

That's twice I've got the worst possible outcome from these offers!
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 5, 2015, 10:07pm; Reply: 24
76p profit. Hope I don't get banned. What are people thinking tomorrow?
Posted by: paulgtfc, May 5, 2015, 10:15pm; Reply: 25
Juve game

Laid off pre match bet (see start of thread).

Took draw in play £50 @ 2/1. Laid off £31 on draw with Betfair at higher odds.  £26 overall win, which takes account of small pre match loss (would have got a bit more if game had been drawn or won by Real).  No one should have ended up with pennies win or loss, if using Betfair as described at start of thread.  However I appreciate that you need to fund Bet 365 and Betfair bets and not everyone is able to do that.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 6, 2015, 7:46am; Reply: 26
I'd just rather back something at short odds to get a £50 free bet and then put that on something I think will happen to try and get a decent win. How often do you have £50 to stick on a single? I'm not bothered with using different bookies and farting about to guarantee £20 or so.
Posted by: Abdul19, May 10, 2015, 6:57pm; Reply: 27
Both semis again this week chaps, fill your boots! :)

http://www.bet365.com/extra/en/promotions/soccer/champions-league-in-play-bet-offer-2/
Posted by: psgmariner, May 10, 2015, 7:57pm; Reply: 28
Woo hoo!

I lost a fortune on the election so this is much needed.
Posted by: forza ivano, May 10, 2015, 9:52pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from psgmariner
Woo hoo!

I lost a fortune on the election so this is much needed.

You n me both! Hung parliament as an absolute certainty.bloody tories
Posted by: psgmariner, May 12, 2015, 10:17am; Reply: 30
Gone with the following:

£50 on Bayern pre game with B365
£50 on Barca pre game with Paddy Power
£50 in play as soon as it starts on the draw with B365

Guaranteed Profit as follows:
Bayern - £31.25
Draw - £37.50
Barca - £30

Paddy also give you two free £5 in play bets if you stake £20 or more pre game so may use those in play on Barca winning or maybe a first goalscorer.

Almost pays for my Wembley ticket.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 12, 2015, 9:45pm; Reply: 31
Not too unhappy with tonight's outcome....more or less paid for my ticket

Hopefully tomorrow will be as successful and will go towards spends on Sunday :)
Posted by: forza ivano, May 12, 2015, 9:57pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from FishOutOfWater
Not too unhappy with tonight's outcome....more or less paid for my ticket

Hopefully tomorrow will be as successful and will go towards spends on Sunday :)

30 quidrofit.more difficult tomorrow.will only about 15-20 profit.got the possible bonus with the paddy power free in play bets of course
Posted by: jaymariner, May 12, 2015, 10:25pm; Reply: 33
Bet365 gave me a £20 free slot machine credit with no initial outlay which I duly tried to gamble away eventually ending up with £80 real money in the kitty thus withdrawing the lot and deleting the app 😊 thank you bet365 I will have a great day out on you 😂 bring on the weekend!!
Posted by: Maringer, May 13, 2015, 7:49am; Reply: 34
Quoted from jaymariner
Bet365 gave me a £20 free slot machine credit with no initial outlay which I duly tried to gamble away eventually ending up with £80 real money in the kitty thus withdrawing the lot and deleting the app 😊 thank you bet365 I will have a great day out on you 😂 bring on the weekend!!

Jammy sodomist.  ;)

Not much available in terms of a guaranteed win that I can see. How about this:

£50 Real to win (BET365)
£25 Juve to win (Betvictor)
£50 Draw in-play on BET365

At current odds, this would return:

Real - £133.33 (incuding the £50 refunded bet) = £8.33 profit
Juve - £193.75 (including the £50 refunded bet) = £68.75 profit
Draw - £210.00 = £85.00 profit

Think I've got my sums right there.

Any other better combos around? I've only got B365 and Betvictor accounts at the moment but suppose I could set up another one for better odds!
Posted by: psgmariner, May 13, 2015, 9:03am; Reply: 35
Works out a bit better than that I think:

£50 pre game with B365 on Madrid
£50 in play with B365 on the draw
£20 pre game with Paddy Power on Juve

This gives guaranteed profit as follows:

Madrid - £13.33
Draw - £90
Juve - £30

Plus Paddy will give you two £5 in play bets to use as well so perhaps bung them both on Madrid or go for something more ambitious.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 13, 2015, 9:16am; Reply: 36
I'm going £50 pre game on more than 0.5 goals. If it's 0-0 after 60ish mins I'll stick the risk free £50 on 0-0 to cover myself. Ideally a first half goal will come and I'll then stick the risk free on a fgs or something depending on what I fancy at the time.
Posted by: Maringer, May 13, 2015, 9:35am; Reply: 37
Quoted from psgmariner

Plus Paddy will give you two £5 in play bets to use as well so perhaps bung them both on Madrid or go for something more ambitious.

Ah, that's interesting. I'll perhaps give this a pop if I can find the time to set up a PP account.
Posted by: forza ivano, May 13, 2015, 12:00pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from psgmariner
Works out a bit better than that I think:

£50 pre game with B365 on Madrid
£50 in play with B365 on the draw
£20 pre game with Paddy Power on Juve

This gives guaranteed profit as follows:

Madrid - £13.33
Draw - £90
Juve - £30

That's exactly what i've gone for. any thoughts on reasonably priced bets for the paddy power inplay?
Posted by: biggles9999, May 13, 2015, 12:38pm; Reply: 39
I have one to get everyone a 'level' return but it needs a bigger outlay.

£50 pre game on Real at 6/4 = 83.33
An additional £30 on Real pregame at 6/4 = £50

This would return £183.33 including the £50 refund.

£50 in play on the draw at odds of around 3/1 = £200

£30 pregame Juve @ 4/1 with Paddy Power = £200 including the £50 refund.

This would give you £23.33 profit for Real, and then £40 for either the draw or a Juve win.

Then by betting with PP you get the two free bets as has been commented above. If you stuck both of these on Real you would get another £7 meaning a £30 profit on that.

Personally I think I am going to stick my PP bets on Ronaldo any time scorer and a Real win at 8/5
Posted by: paulgtfc, May 13, 2015, 1:32pm; Reply: 40
Good to hear that some of you are making on the risk free bets.

Thanks for heads up on Paddy Power promotion as I wasn't aware of this.  Don't forget Paddy Power also do two risk-free £5 in play bets on all Prem games televised by Sky or BT Sport.  You just need to place a £20 pre match bet.

However Paddy Power in play bets are not available until 2-3 mins into the game.  A very early goal can throw out any pre-planned strategies.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 13, 2015, 1:57pm; Reply: 41
Not sure what this outfit is like but they are offering an incentive / enhanced odds for new accounts so could be useful

http://www.888sport.com/bet/#/event/1002620507
Posted by: Maringer, May 13, 2015, 7:00pm; Reply: 42
Well, that's interesting. Opened up a Paddy Power account and they've given me 3 free £10.00 bets. Not sure what the cashing out situation of any of these might be but I've spread them out a little bit. One massive longshot, one possibility and one good chance. Doubt any of the buggers will win!
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 13, 2015, 9:39pm; Reply: 43
Lovely stuff. Guessing everyone is quids in?
Posted by: psgmariner, May 13, 2015, 9:45pm; Reply: 44
Bosh!

Look out for someone swilling champagne on the 0758 from Bradford this Sunday!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 13, 2015, 9:49pm; Reply: 45
Back of the net....now my travel to the smoke is well and truly covered :)
Posted by: Maringer, May 13, 2015, 9:50pm; Reply: 46
85 quid up on that one. Which was nice.

:)
Posted by: forza ivano, May 13, 2015, 10:10pm; Reply: 47
Waited and waited, hoping for a goal. 4-1 the draw after the real goal,that's the election losses regained.thank you juve n bet 365.i love you both ;D
Posted by: JonnyK, May 13, 2015, 11:31pm; Reply: 48
Balls!! I'd worked out a bet to get about 40  back on real plus another 20 through ladbrokes, instead of the usual 50-50-30 or 25 strategy. Still won 30 on the draw, sadly not the 80 or so that most have picked up.

Either way, I'm enjoying betting when the worst I can do is win 30 quid on 2 successive nights!

For those curious, I put 130 on real, 50 on draw, then 50 inplay on juve. Return s would have been 36.67, 30 , 45. An even spread and one I might use again next time there's a clear favourite.
Posted by: Maringer, May 14, 2015, 7:53am; Reply: 49
One thing all this 'no lose' betting has reinforced for me is that it's pretty much impossible to make money from gambling when the special offers aren't in operation.

I've put a few small bets on in some of these games (in addition to the guaranteed winners) and barely any of them have come in! The games themselves, I've only guessed about 2 of the results correctly out of I think it is 5 attempts now and these were the obvious ones.

I understand why people get excited about gambling - I actually had some winners when I visited the races the other weekend which made a nice change! - but longer-term, if B365 stop these offers or boot me off their site, I can't see me continuing with anything other than the odd flutter here and there.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 14, 2015, 11:55am; Reply: 50
Quoted from Maringer
One thing all this 'no lose' betting has reinforced for me is that it's pretty much impossible to make money from gambling when the special offers aren't in operation.

You never see a poor bookie.  

You get professional gamblers who do it as their full-time job and do make profits.  Aside from the stakes they play with, what separates these from the mere mortal punters is patience.  They can happily sit there with money burning in their pocket waiting and waiting for that one bet that comes in.  They're then happy to take rubbish odds knowing the sheer size of their stake will yield a decent return.

The average punter wants to bet regularly but is also put off by odds such as 2/5.  A truly professional gambler wouldn't have even touched a game such as the Champions League semi-final.  Much more likely to have identified a banker in the Icelandic 6th division.

The professionals are absolutely dwarfed by the number of regular punters, both in numbers and the value to the gambling economy.  
Posted by: Maringer, May 14, 2015, 12:01pm; Reply: 51
Even then, they don't always succeed.

Remember 'Statto' from Fantasy Football League back in the 1990s?

I remember he was somebody who reportedly always made money as a professional gambler because he did his research and had his finger on the pulse. Unsurprisingly, he was declared bankrupt a number of years ago due to gambling debts.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 14, 2015, 12:26pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from diehardmariner

You never see a poor bookie.

You get professional gamblers who do it as their full-time job and do make profits.  Aside from the stakes they play with, what separates these from the mere mortal punters is patience.  They can happily sit there with money burning in their pocket waiting and waiting for that one bet that comes in.  They're then happy to take rubbish odds knowing the sheer size of their stake will yield a decent return.

The average punter wants to bet regularly but is also put off by odds such as 2/5.  A truly professional gambler wouldn't have even touched a game such as the Champions League semi-final.  Much more likely to have identified a banker in the Icelandic 6th division.

The professionals are absolutely dwarfed by the number of regular punters, both in numbers and the value to the gambling economy.  

Whilst I've made a few quid from the recent 365 offers (when to some extent it was free money) I still think the old adage of gambling being a mug's game can't be disputed

Arguably two sides to the same coin with bookies and punters.....  on the one side say Ladbrokes and on the other Brokelads!  ;)

Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 14, 2015, 12:59pm; Reply: 53
If you're going to bet I think generally it's easier to go away from really big events like the Champs Lge as the bookies are sometimes not as on the ball with the odds. For example the FGS odds for Sunday include the following:

LJL - 11/2
Olly - 15/2
Hamish Watson - 10/1

You don't have to have watched every Town game to see that Olly is the value there.

Personally I like betting on the golf. If you can find somebody who has a career win, is in decent form over the past month and has played well on the course being used before then they'll usually go well. Difficult to pick winners but get plenty of places.
Posted by: diehardmariner, May 14, 2015, 1:34pm; Reply: 54
Anything like first goal scorer is something a professional gambler wouldn't touch.  Too many variables involved.  

It's not unrealistic to think that any of the other twenty outfield players could score as earlier as the first minute - soon as that goal has gone in the bet is over.  Only takes one anomaly to throw that one out.

Something like a final score can take a couple of set-backs and still get the desired outcome.

The only real guarantee is that nothing is guaranteed.

Regards Statto - him declaring himself bankrupt based on gambling debts was no surprise to anyone who listened to his tips on BBC Racing.  
Posted by: Abdul19, May 14, 2015, 2:08pm; Reply: 55
Yeah bookies love scorecasts and accumulators too.

These 365 free offers are fantastic though. I assume there'll be at least one more this season (the CL final, possible the FA Cup final too).

There's a good product called Bonus Bagging, which goes through all bookies (with the assistance of Betfair) and explains how to turn the introductory offers into free cash. Discipline = free money!
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 1:51am