Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, May 3, 2015, 11:13pm
I presume gowling has a broken nose? He was really in the wars .he would look quite a sight at Wembley with that hair and a zorro face mask!
What is the likelihood of Robertson being fit? His return could make a huge difference
Posted by: TAGG, May 3, 2015, 11:22pm; Reply: 1
In the Coach House tonight Robertson said he could well be fit for the Final. Hope hes right  :)
Posted by: Trawler, May 4, 2015, 12:18am; Reply: 2
I saw Gowling drive his car out of BP after the game with Arnold in the passenger seat and Gowling's gf in the back seat. Gowling looked very happy. Broad grin on his face. I reckon he'll be fine Forza.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, May 4, 2015, 1:12am; Reply: 3
warrior today
Posted by: SamTheMariner, May 4, 2015, 8:23am; Reply: 4
The only problem is who do you leave out. Gowling and Pearson have been superb and Toto looked solid at right back. Magnay has been brilliant wherever he's played. Just leave it as it is.
Posted by: Neilo83, May 4, 2015, 8:31am; Reply: 5
It's gonna be one hell of a headache for Hurst, rather him then me!
Posted by: Freemoash88, May 4, 2015, 8:33am; Reply: 6
Yeah I like Gowling and quality player and seems to link up well with Pearson. He's also done alright for himself going from a Team in financial ruins to a play off final Team.
Posted by: jaymariner, May 4, 2015, 8:35am; Reply: 7
I really like toto as a defender but he really struggles when going forward and that's why mackreth has struggled when paired with him on that side because every time toto gets the ball at his feet it goes too long or off the pitch . It's going to be a hard decision for hurst if Robertson is back available but I personally would prefer Robertson at right back and then with Pearson and Gowling being absolute rocks I believe toto could find himself on the bench for the final
Posted by: BIGChris, May 4, 2015, 8:44am; Reply: 8
Quoted from jaymariner
I really like toto as a defender but he really struggles when going forward and that's why mackreth has struggled when paired with him on that side because every time toto gets the ball at his feet it goes too long or off the pitch . It's going to be a hard decision for hurst if Robertson is back available but aI personally would prefer Robertson at right back and then with Pearson and Gowling being absolute rocks I believe toto could find himself on the bench for the final

Amazing!
Posted by: jaymariner, May 4, 2015, 8:51am; Reply: 9
Quoted from BIGChris

Amazing!

Ooooops just realised what I did there. Just meant I would swop Robertson for Toto in the back 4, but I guess it depends if we are taking the game to Rovers or are going to sit back
Posted by: forza ivano, May 4, 2015, 8:58am; Reply: 10
Personally think toto has been pretty awful at right back especially with his distribution. If Robertson is fit then it's case of round pegs for round holes. Ie full backs get the full back positions. If rovers forwards are like Eastleigh , ageing big etc then it's gowling but if they're the smaller younger nippier type then toto may be the man.gowling and Pearson is not exactly a pacey combination and neither Robertson nor magnay are whippets
Posted by: oldun, May 4, 2015, 9:14am; Reply: 11
I thought Robertson was walking about quite awkwardly yesterday but he may have his knee heavily strapped. In which case I would be amazed if he is fully recovered to take part in a vital game on the Wembley turf. Still I am happy to let the town management, physio and Gregor make the call. Could be crucial, you cannot carry anyone in a game like that.
Posted by: Tommy, May 4, 2015, 10:09am; Reply: 12
Robertson may have recovered from his injury in time for the Final but I doubt he'll be match fit.

I rate him and we look more balanced with him in the side but I wouldn't throw him into a massive game with no match practice for several weeks.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, May 4, 2015, 10:17am; Reply: 13
I think he'll revert to Robertson if he's fit enough. Toto's height was useful for for the long ball style of Eastleigh but I think it would be great to get Magnay back to RB and get a left footer on the left.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 4, 2015, 10:19am; Reply: 14
Quoted from jaymariner
I really like toto as a defender but he really struggles when going forward and that's why mackreth has struggled when paired with him on that side because every time toto gets the ball at his feet it goes too long or off the pitch . It's going to be a hard decision for hurst if Robertson is back available but I personally would prefer Robertson at right back and then with Pearson and Gowling being absolute rocks I believe toto could find himself on the bench for the final

I would leave as is but did feel yesterday McKreth possible spent a lot of time set deep so he could double up with Toto especially when they brought that number 7 on at half time.
Posted by: Youngy, May 4, 2015, 10:20am; Reply: 15
The problem with Toto at right back at Wembley is that on a big pitch, he maybe exposed. It's a dilemma for sure
Posted by: Garth, May 4, 2015, 10:26am; Reply: 16
IMO Toto although not a natural right back and not as strong as a match fit Gregor in that position, has earned his place at Wembley via the play offs and I expect Hurst will think the same.
Gregor on the bench for me unless sh1t happens
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 9:21am