Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: A.l.f., May 1, 2015, 7:31am
Having not always seen things the same as Paul Hurst, I think he deserves a lot of credit for last night.  His team selection matched mine apart from he selected Palmer instead of Pittman.  The other two questions were, who would partner Dis and had Chappel done enough to oust Arnold for a start after his performance on Saturday? So I'm pleased he chose Nathan as they were two top strikes.

Before the game I wanted us to take the game to Eastleigh and have a go and was surprised how well we started and should really have been three up at half time.  Well done again Paul - it was good to see.

So lets all remember Paul set the lads up well and can't do anything about individual players missed chances or mistakes.  During the season I think we've all been critical at times and looking back several things have been player errors but the poor old Manager carries the can.  

I hope we do the same on Sunday and play better and everyone gets behind the team and Manager. Lets roar the lads on!
Posted by: nickmariners, May 1, 2015, 9:07am; Reply: 1
Quoted from A.l.f.
Having not always seen things the same as Paul Hurst, I think he deserves a lot of credit for last night.  His team selection matched mine apart from he selected Palmer instead of Pittman.  The other two questions were, who would partner Dis and had Chappel done enough to oust Arnold for a start after his performance on Saturday? So I'm pleased he chose Nathan as they were two top strikes.

Before the game I wanted us to take the game to Eastleigh and have a go and was surprised how well we started and should really have been three up at half time.  Well done again Paul - it was good to see.

So lets all remember Paul set the lads up well and can't do anything about individual players missed chances or mistakes.  During the season I think we've all been critical at times and looking back several things have been player errors but the poor old Manager carries the can.  

I hope we do the same on Sunday and play better and everyone gets behind the team and Manager. Lets roar the lads on!

You should have patented it.   But pleased to see Paul Hurst has had the good sense to echo your team choice!   ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 1, 2015, 11:26am; Reply: 2
I said to the granddaughter while watching the game,

That Paul Hurst was so much better now than when he had Rob Scott with him.

He has grown into the job and could be with us for a few more years yet.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 1, 2015, 10:13pm; Reply: 3
I've probably been one of his biggest critics. I never doubted he produced a team with a strong work ethic. and togetherness. He's slowly winning me round tactically. Not perfect but getting there.
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 1, 2015, 10:18pm; Reply: 4
One thing from Hurst's interview is that he says if we had started with this team at the start of the season we would have won the league and I agree with him.  His patience and guile is starting to show and he has surprised a few of us with the signings he brought it.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 3:58pm