Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, April 30, 2015, 2:50pm
I am and im thinking of not watching the game and sitting in a dark room.
Posted by: big al, April 30, 2015, 2:56pm; Reply: 1
just very, very excited now. will be watching on some crappy feed online. No pubs where I live showing it.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, April 30, 2015, 3:11pm; Reply: 2
More to the point, is anyone not nervous?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 30, 2015, 3:19pm; Reply: 3
I am nervous more than ever now, I think more so because we have been here before and that heartbreak of losing is horrible, I believe if we play at our very best we are the best team out of the 4.

Please Paul and the lads don't let us down and give it you're all!
Posted by: Grimal, April 30, 2015, 3:20pm; Reply: 4
I'm not to nervous about tonights game,  now sunday will be a different kettle of fish.
Come on Town we can do it. UTM.(100)
Posted by: GrimRob, April 30, 2015, 3:36pm; Reply: 5
Anyone who says they are not is a liar! We've spent 46 games getting to this point. Either the Star Prize or Bus Fare Home awaits us.
Posted by: Badger57, April 30, 2015, 3:51pm; Reply: 6
Not nervous at all, well OK, a tiny tiny bit! At the end of the match it's only half time so (virtually) nothing to be worried about.  :D
Posted by: mariner91, April 30, 2015, 4:06pm; Reply: 7
I'm not nervous. More nervous about missing my train to the match.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 30, 2015, 4:07pm; Reply: 8
im so nervous, I want to cry! works been awful today, im in the mood where I cant watch the game, please town, do it for us!
Posted by: bluebottle, April 30, 2015, 4:15pm; Reply: 9
Nervous? of course not, why should I be. As the wife says, " it's ONLY a game ". GRRRRRRRRRRRR. ??) ??)
Posted by: ginnywings, April 30, 2015, 4:17pm; Reply: 10
I'm philosophical. Que sera sera and all that.

I will admit to being slightly annoyed at being in the play offs; the league was there for the taking. Just hope it's all's well that ends well.
Posted by: RichMariner, April 30, 2015, 4:20pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from GrimRob
Anyone who says they are not is a liar! We've spent 46 games getting to this point. Either the Star Prize or Bus Fare Home awaits us.

Let's hope it's speedboats all round in a few weeks' time!

Felt ok most of the day, getting a bit edgy now.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 30, 2015, 4:21pm; Reply: 12
I feel reasonably calm but certainly more nervous than for any of the preceding 46 games!

Whatever their boss says, there is pressure on Eastleigh. This is their home game and they need to at least avoid defeat. If we lose by a single goal it will be disappointing but not the end of our chances. I think it will be far more nerve wracking on Sunday when we play to a conclusion.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 30, 2015, 4:33pm; Reply: 13
Hell yes - nervous as...but hope the players and PH aren't.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, April 30, 2015, 4:37pm; Reply: 14
I have avoided Fishy for last few days as I have been nervous as hell, now I just can't wait for the game. Come on Town we can do this
Posted by: Rick12, April 30, 2015, 4:56pm; Reply: 15
Not nervous just looking forward to it
Posted by: Rick12, April 30, 2015, 4:57pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
I feel reasonably calm but certainly more nervous than for any of the preceding 46 games!

Whatever their boss says, there is pressure on Eastleigh. This is their home game and they need to at least avoid defeat. If we lose by a single goal it will be disappointing but not the end of our chances. I think it will be far more nerve wracking on Sunday when we play to a conclusion.
Thats why the fans need to be vocal.Positive vibes do affect the players Iam sure.

Posted by: arryarryarry, April 30, 2015, 4:59pm; Reply: 17
I can't wait for the inane questions old baldy Clem is going to ask.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, April 30, 2015, 5:00pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from GrimRob

I'm neither nervous nor a liar. We've been here before so we know the worst that can happen. Anything other than that is a bonus after all these years. The only time I've ever been nervous about a Town result was at St James Park in 1982 when we scored and the Newcastle crowd chanted "if you win we'll wait for you outside". And they did! ;D

Anyway I'm not much bothered if supporters are nervous or not, it's the team that needs to be keyed up and raring to go that matters.

Posted by: Rick12, April 30, 2015, 5:15pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from arryarryarry
I can't wait for the inane questions old baldy Clem is going to ask.
Quite like him though  ;D

Posted by: horsforthmariner, April 30, 2015, 6:26pm; Reply: 20
Bricking it
Posted by: gary_elton, April 30, 2015, 6:30pm; Reply: 21
I am like a sack of sh1t.....   and I have an 8 hour night shift after this evenings game

It's either gonna go very quickly... or be the night from Hell....
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 30, 2015, 6:31pm; Reply: 22
I have kept myself busy all day,

BUT

Now I am back home waiting for the KO.

My stomach is churning, I think I need a drink.(wine)
Posted by: moosey_club, April 30, 2015, 7:26pm; Reply: 23
just been killing time to avoid a long run up, been out and mowed the lawn, that will do i thought...pop in now, grab the team news, arrange me cushions and set the beer up just in time for kick off.....turn on....kick off delayed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(anger3)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 30, 2015, 7:44pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from moosey_club
just been killing time to avoid a long run up, been out and mowed the lawn, that will do i thought...pop in now, grab the team news, arrange me cushions and set the beer up just in time for kick off.....turn on....kick off delayed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(anger3)

You might have time to get the back grass done too moosey. 8)
Posted by: moosey_club, April 30, 2015, 9:01pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from cmackenzie4

You might have time to get the back grass done too moosey. 8)

Astro round the back buddy, retirement ready..haha
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 30, 2015, 11:06pm; Reply: 26
I claimed to be calm in this thread a few hours ago (and I was). I was a nervous wreck through the whole game.
Posted by: mariner chopper, April 30, 2015, 11:51pm; Reply: 27
Been twitchy all day and during the game I pottered about doing jobs I've been putting off up until now!!!

Already nervous thinking about being nervous in my seat on Sunday for anywhere between 90 and 135(ish) (HOPE NOT!) minutes!

God forbid another potential 135-ish minutes on the Sunday the 17th....TOUCH WOOD!!!

UTM!
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 2:39pm