Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, April 30, 2015, 6:48am
What is the best way to get there tonight?
Posted by: forza ivano, April 30, 2015, 7:29am; Reply: 1
Quoted from moss_side_mariner
What is the best way to get there tonight?

Helicopter.its quicker and easier ;)
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, April 30, 2015, 7:34am; Reply: 2
Thanks for that
Posted by: marinernige, April 30, 2015, 7:50am; Reply: 3
As i'm picking up in scunny the way i'm going is down the M1 until a43(exit 15A) ,then M40 , leave at junct 9 take the A41/A34 exit , until you join the M3,(Southampton/Bournemouth/Portsmouth) follow M3 until A335 to Eastleigh(exit 13).
Posted by: sonik, April 30, 2015, 8:01am; Reply: 4
The A46 to the M1 also knocks 20 or so miles off your journey and misses some of the 50mph average speed cameras out.

UTM!
Posted by: BIGChris, April 30, 2015, 8:21am; Reply: 5
I' do A46 from Grimsby to M1 then follow nige's route above, avoids M25 although there are some roadworks around the A45 before Warwick they haven't delayed me too much in recent weeks when I have been heading to Bracknell.
Posted by: northbankmariner, April 30, 2015, 9:45am; Reply: 6
I remember the god old days of away travel. Many times I have travelled to  grounds I had never been before and didn't always have a clue where I was going(before sat nav and phone apps etc) and the best way was to just follow the many cars that had black and white scarves hanging out the windows. It uesd to be a great sight travelling up and down the country spotting fellow town fans and beeping  and flashing each other's cars in recognition. It doesn't seem to happen much now but it was always a must in years gone by and helped me out many a time by just following another car.
Posted by: Welwynmariner, April 30, 2015, 10:12am; Reply: 7
A1(M), M25, M3, M27.

Since it's 3 hours from Cleethorpes to Welwyn Garden City and 90 minutes from here to Eastleigh you'll be there in plenty of time.
Posted by: Garth, April 30, 2015, 10:37am; Reply: 8
Quoted from northbankmariner
I remember the god old days of away travel. Many times I have travelled to  grounds I had never been before and didn't always have a clue where I was going(before sat nav and phone apps etc) and the best way was to just follow the many cars that had black and white scarves hanging out the windows. It uesd to be a great sight travelling up and down the country spotting fellow town fans and beeping  and flashing each other's cars in recognition. It doesn't seem to happen much now but it was always a must in years gone by and helped me out many a time by just following another car.

How many times did you end up at Newcastle ;D
Posted by: forza ivano, April 30, 2015, 10:45am; Reply: 9
Quoted from moss_side_mariner
Thanks for that

no problem. the other option is to get your butler or one of the gamekeepers to drive the roller, so you can take advantage of the old hip flasks.
That's what I've decided to do  ;)  tally ho!!
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 3:18pm