Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 29, 2015, 9:20am
As an exile, I just booked 2 on the phone for the UF.  Was 5th in the queue at 0903 hrs.  Must better than being 45th for the game a few weeks ago.

Ticket Office said "centre middle" tickets (our usual request) has gone.   She also said that quite a few STHs had not booked tickets. Some fans were waiting for the first leg result.  

Whatever happens, I am sure that the game will not sell-out.  Therefore, tickets for all.  More a case of where you want sit and how good the view is.  

Posted by: oldun, April 29, 2015, 9:24am; Reply: 1
It will be a disgrace if the home tickets don't sell out.
Posted by: Caesar, April 29, 2015, 11:02am; Reply: 2
Am hoping they do sell out, but yeah to be honest think we will be a little short of a sell-out.  I just hope we get a good result for first-leg and can bump the crowd up well above the 6,000 mark.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 29, 2015, 11:13am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Caesar
Am hoping they do sell out, but yeah to be honest think we will be a little short of a sell-out.  I just hope we get a good result for first-leg and can bump the crowd up well above the 6,000 mark.

What do we call a good result ?

We win 4-0 then the some fans will think we do not need to go,

We lose by a single goal or draw would be the most likely result to get some fans to part with their money.

Whatever happens it would be very disappointing if we do not get   6,000.

I am hoping for 7,000 at least.
Posted by: Caesar, April 29, 2015, 12:15pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from grimsby pete

What do we call a good result ?

We lose by a single goal or draw would be the most likely result to get some fans to part with their money.

Whatever happens it would be very disappointing if we do not get   6,000.

I am hoping for 7,000 at least.

Well I want as big as win as possible but I see your point.  Suppose a close result with us in the lead might be the most likely to get a good gate but I would rather us have a relaxed party atmosphere at BP.  

However considering for the last two playoff home matches we only got 5,200 and 5,400 respectively, know they were evening games but still low crowds, I cannot see 7,000 coming but would love to be wrong.
Posted by: psgmariner, April 29, 2015, 12:41pm; Reply: 5
Bristol Rovers have sold out already. Would be nice if we could do the same.

Would be odd if we got a smaller gate than when we played Lincoln.
Posted by: Doubled, April 29, 2015, 12:46pm; Reply: 6
Got my ticket for the upper, I was always going no matter what the result of the first leg!!1
Posted by: psgmariner, April 29, 2015, 12:58pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Doubled
Got my ticket for the upper, I was always going no matter what the result of the first leg!!1

Same.

However, I understand people waiting and seeing. If we get bummed 6-0 if then not sure I will enjoy watching another meek playoff exit!
Posted by: pizzzza, April 29, 2015, 12:58pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from grimsby pete

I'd be happy if it was just me there on Sunday if you could guarantee me a 4-0 win tomorrow!
Posted by: Freemoash88, April 29, 2015, 2:11pm; Reply: 9
Got my ticket with the stub usual place on S 96 Upper Findus. I just hope we have a decent crowed we should really be selling out.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 29, 2015, 3:16pm; Reply: 10
Our league average is around 3600 so we would need to double our average gate to sell out in effect, i just dont think the widespread passion exists within the Town anymore to do that. Sorry but i dont.

6000 from the home support would be a very good effort in the present day given that we have managed sub 3000 gates at home this season, and ...the game itself is only a stepping stone, if it was a straight shoot out, winner gets promoted then yes a sell out but it isnt, its a half chance to get a half chance at being promoted.
Posted by: Garth, April 29, 2015, 6:30pm; Reply: 11
There are a lot of supporters who do not enjoy playoffs and show it by watching behind the sofa, me I got my ticket straight away and will be there whatever
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 29, 2015, 6:37pm; Reply: 12
My old mans a season ticket holder on limited income, so not bothering, as watching it on tv will mean £20 extra in his pocket with cost of travel etc. Perhaps there should of been a cheap offer for season ticket holders for this game as a thanks for laying out the money originally, the club has done deals to get floating fans in before. :-/
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 29, 2015, 6:52pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Madeleymariner
My old mans a season ticket holder on limited income, so not bothering, as watching it on tv will mean £20 extra in his pocket with cost of travel etc. Perhaps there should of been a cheap offer for season ticket holders for this game as a thanks for laying out the money originally, the club has done deals to get floating fans in before. :-/

Maybe we should have put on subsidised buses for the away leg which is what Eastleigh's chairman has done for Sunday. I think you've got a really good point - it seems sometimes that GTFC supporters are a little bit taken for granted.
Posted by: psgmariner, April 30, 2015, 6:29am; Reply: 14
We really shouldn't have to put on offers for thereof biggest games of the season.
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 12:56pm