Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BIGChris, April 28, 2015, 7:22pm
Seems the Conference official Twitter account have said they are waiting until they know the finalists before setting prices.

Do you think if it is Town v Brizzle then the prices will increase.

Just another sad indictment on modern day football. Fleece the fans at every opportunity
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 28, 2015, 7:34pm; Reply: 1
Plus the fact that they'll only be sold via Ticketmaster with a £3.50 PER TICKET booking fee and postage charge on top.
Posted by: immariner, April 28, 2015, 7:43pm; Reply: 2
Is that legal? It's one thing to do it, it's another to announce that you're going to do it, surely? Discrimination much.
Posted by: aldi_01, April 28, 2015, 7:44pm; Reply: 3
I'm sure that was the issue last time with the Trophy final but in the end both clubs were given a certain amount to sell.

The game is dead though...
Posted by: GiveUsAG, April 28, 2015, 7:47pm; Reply: 4
I'll be surprised if the tickets will be any less than £40 anyway to be honest.

Wasn't it £40 odd for the pointless trophy final? I'd expect tickets for the play off final to be more expensive.  :-/
Posted by: LH, April 28, 2015, 7:48pm; Reply: 5
They need that move off the allotment like I said the other day. Easiest way to do this is to fleece the fans of the only two clubs with any fans.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 28, 2015, 7:53pm; Reply: 6
I would imagine a lot of fans would rather watch it on TV (on principle) instead of getting ripped off.
Posted by: LH, April 28, 2015, 7:57pm; Reply: 7
I see they are asking fans why they didn't get the vouchers from the club when we had the chance. I wonder why? Why would anyone chuck £10 out on a voucher if there was no guarentee their team would play in the game?

I'm just hoping tickets for troops have some on there. If I remember back to the FAT final they were Club Wembley seats too.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, April 28, 2015, 8:02pm; Reply: 8
I never got to see one of these vouchers, but wasn't it something like £10 off the price of a ticket for Wembley? Yet the voucher cost £10, so not really saving any money? Or have I got it completely wrong?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 28, 2015, 8:34pm; Reply: 9
If that's true Chris I don't think I'll bother on principle (if we did make it to the final). As Les says, £3.50 booking fee on top. It's already a soulless experience with an empty bowl. The FA can go FACUP themselves.
Posted by: BIGChris, April 28, 2015, 8:50pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from KingstonMariner
If that's true Chris I don't think I'll bother on principle (if we did make it to the final). As Les says, £3.50 booking fee on top. It's already a soulless experience with an empty bowl. The FA can go FACUP themselves.

Tbh if Town make it to Wembley they can charge me a tenner admin charge because I wouldn't want to miss us returning to th FL!

I know this sort of gross stupidity is what they rely upon
Posted by: LH, April 28, 2015, 8:55pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from BIGChris

Tbh if Town make it to Wembley they can charge me a tenner admin charge because I wouldn't want to miss us returning to th FL!

I know this sort of gross stupidity is what they rely upon

The same for me. The gross stupidity is how they'll get away with charging different prices. They'd have been best not saying anything and we wouldn't have known nor cared either way!
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 28, 2015, 9:22pm; Reply: 12
I'd like to know how Ticketmaster can justify a £3.50 per ticket booking fee so if you were to buy 10 tickets they're charging you an extra £35 and then postage on top of that.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 28, 2015, 9:50pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Les Brechin
I'd like to know how Ticketmaster can justify a £3.50 per ticket booking fee so if you were to buy 10 tickets they're charging you and extra £35 and then postage on top of that.

There is no justification for it

But they are appointed to sell on behalf of the powers that be who could if they so choose allow the clubs to sell the tickets themselves

That's where the problem lies - it's daylight robbery we all know, but sadly it is sanctioned by football's hierarchy
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 28, 2015, 10:14pm; Reply: 14
It's all well and good charging the higher echelons an "admin fee" but the lower leagues again miss out.

Was this charge in place for north ferriby/Wrexham in this season trophy
Posted by: moosey_club, April 28, 2015, 10:27pm; Reply: 15
Really doubt i would be going anyway should we make it. The whole thing should be about an experience for the fans of teams who may not normally get an opportunity to visit Wembley, not a cash cow for the FA to recoup their losses along with every other barrow boy and public house in a ten mile radius to overcharge for everything they sell.
Not forgetting the rip off food and drink inside the stadium, cant buy chips on their own, you have to have a burger and chips to get chips IIRC... £7 for a slice of pizza... fck that.

Posted by: WetFlannel, April 28, 2015, 10:57pm; Reply: 16
Aye, I wouldn't want to watch my team get promoted based on the fact I can't go a couple hours without buying food either.
Posted by: gaz57, April 28, 2015, 11:31pm; Reply: 17
Grimsby isn't a place of many riches so a lot of people will be priced out of the game.It seems to be the way of the world that those who have plenty are happy to to take the last bit off those who have little and it's accepted by all.
Posted by: grimps, April 29, 2015, 5:22am; Reply: 18
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

There is no justification for it

But they are appointed to sell on behalf of the powers that be who could if they so choose allow the clubs to sell the tickets themselves

That's where the problem lies - it's daylight robbery we all know but sadly it is sanctioned by football's hierarchy

I expect someone from the FA has had a good backhander from Ticket Master or if propbably sat on their board of directors  ;)
Posted by: aldi_01, April 29, 2015, 6:05am; Reply: 19
Booking fees are outrageous, whatever the event. They are a percentage of the ticket price. Booking fees for the Rolling Stones gigs were in the region of £10-15...scandalous.

However, ticketmaster's dodgy tactics are no secret, many have been exposed on programmes such as panorama and dispatches. My biggest issue with them is big events like Wimbledon and festivals know that ticketmaster scam the genuine fan but moving large amounts of tickets on to their partner site 'getmein' where the seller can charge a higher price, essentially a touting site, the event organisers don't care and ticketmaster certainly don't.

They aren't alone in this either, all the ticket companies are as bad.

I would still think that each club, whoever it is will still receive tickets to sell themselves. This same argument was had when we went for the Trophy final and the paint pot in 08 and it was all right in the end...
Posted by: BIGChris, April 29, 2015, 6:39am; Reply: 20
Quoted from aldi_01

I would still think that each club, whoever it is will still receive tickets to sell themselves. This same argument was had when we went for the Trophy final and the paint pot in 08 and it was all right in the end...

Last seasons play off final tickets were only available through ticket master for Cambridge/ Newcastle fans.

The Conference claim there isn't enough time for clubs to sell them and clubs don't have capacity to do so. Again it is ripping off fans & the time is the same!

PS I can't believe some fans say they wouldn't go to watch their team as they don't like the stadium/food :o
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 29, 2015, 7:13am; Reply: 21
Quoted from BIGChris

Last seasons play off final tickets were only available through ticket master for Cambridge/ Newcastle fans.

The Conference claim there isn't enough time for clubs to sell them and clubs don't have capacity to do so. Again it is ripping off fans & the time is the same!

PS I can't believe some fans say they wouldn't go to watch their team as they don't like the stadium/food :o

I spoke to Steve Wraith and he has said that The Conference have told him that the club will not be allowed to sell tickets should we make the final and Ticketmaster will be the only way for fans to purchase tickets.

He was absolutely livid that they wont allow the club to sell tickets.
Posted by: ex-merseymariner, April 29, 2015, 7:46am; Reply: 22
Quoted from Les Brechin

I spoke to Steve Wraith and he has said that The Conference have told him that the club will not be allowed to sell tickets should we make the final and Ticketmaster will be the only way for fans to purchase tickets.
He was absolutely livid that they wont allow the club to sell tickets.

If the part of the 'justification' is that clubs can't/won't sell the tickets in a 2 week lead in period to the final after the 2nd leg; then it says it all that it angers the club - they are obviously keen NOT to rip off the fans.

Also Ticketmaster have form; http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com/archive/?date=19940528&slug=1912870

Posted by: heppy88, April 29, 2015, 7:55am; Reply: 23
But will the fans continue to buy tickets at inflated prices from these sites? Yes. So the rip off will continue, untill Football fans stick together and boycott matches, or the government step in. The chance of either of these is minimal.
Maybee the tide is turning with some Liverpool supporters boycotting the Liverpool match last night due to the inflated away ticket prices.
Posted by: SpudUDontLike, April 29, 2015, 7:57am; Reply: 24
That Seattle Times article says it all. Business strangling the life out of anything people value for profit. I realise that's what business is but God, how depressing. We need to get promoted now, if only to cheer me up.
Posted by: BIGChris, April 29, 2015, 10:13am; Reply: 25
Quoted from heppy88
But will the fans continue to buy tickets at inflated prices from these sites? Yes. So the rip off will continue, untill Football fans stick together and boycott matches, or the government step in. The chance of either of these is minimal.
Maybee the tide is turning with some Liverpool supporters boycotting the Liverpool match last night due to the inflated away ticket prices.

I would fully support the actions of the Liverpool fans last night and would do the same for a 'run of the mill' league game.

The problem is the potential play off final is a huge game for fans, i couldnt see Liverpool fans boycotting a Champions League final (not like they are going to get the chance anytime soon!).

We are being used for supporting our team. They know it  but so do we
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 29, 2015, 11:03am; Reply: 26
Quoted from moosey_club
Really doubt i would be going anyway should we make it. The whole thing should be about an experience for the fans of teams who may not normally get an opportunity to visit Wembley, not a cash cow for the FA to recoup their losses along with every other barrow boy and public house in a ten mile radius to overcharge for everything they sell.
Not forgetting the rip off food and drink inside the stadium, cant buy chips on their own, you have to have a burger and chips to get chips IIRC... £7 for a slice of pizza... fck that.

I have been to all of Towns visits to Wembley and Cardiff,

Yet I have not spent a penny on food or drink there,

We take rolls and a drink with us from home,

AND

Consume them in the car park,

I suppose with the modern availability of fast foods,

Younger people do not do that.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 29, 2015, 11:05am; Reply: 27
I've stopped going to see bands at big arenas because of the rip off prices for tickets and drinks and i'm definitely not going to Wembley should we get there. I appreciate everyone is different and some will pay it whatever but sometimes you just have to say, enough is enough. Every season the game gets more and more beyond the working man. I can easily afford to go but i'd rather spend my money on a weekend somewhere less corporate and more in tune with reality.

Each to their own.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 29, 2015, 1:17pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from grimsby pete

AND

I fully agree, not sure why people keep banging on about the prices inside of stadia, just don't buy anything.

Posted by: GrimRob, April 29, 2015, 1:32pm; Reply: 29
A fair chunk of that money ends up back in the BP coffers. We'll need it to fund a decent team for L2 if we get there.

If it comes to it rather than not going buy the match ticket and spend no money at all on any other merchandise inside the stadium (GTFC won't get any of that anyway). Take your own food and drink and buy flags/scarves etc from BP. You'll easily save the few quid extra.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 29, 2015, 3:28pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from grimsby pete

AND

I dont spend the money in the stadia or on barrow boy products it is just the principle of the matter that annoys me so much especially when it comes to the FA doing it, they market themselves as looking after grass roots, their new "whole game" system and the respect campaigns etc but at the first opportunity they will commit daylight robbery on their customers/family.

Posted by: moosey_club, April 29, 2015, 3:49pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from BIGChris

Its the whole package Chris, cant believe i would even consider it myself but yet i will should we make it, transport costs, ticket handling fee, ticket cost, soulless stadium (to me) , inevitable food and drink bill at some point of the day and to what added benefit over watching it on my TV?  Just to say i was there? I have been to the proverbial "there" plenty of times with GTFC so it wouldnt bother me if i won't on this occassion , if having considered all other factors i decide not to.
Seeing GTFC stroll out at old Wembley for the first time in their history wont be matched in my eyes or emotions regardless of the occassion/prize.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 29, 2015, 5:42pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from moosey_club

Its the whole package Chris, cant believe i would even consider it myself but yet i will should we make it, transport costs, ticket handling fee, ticket cost, soulless stadium (to me) , inevitable food and drink bill at some point of the day and to what added benefit over watching it on my TV?  Just to say i was there? I have been to the proverbial "there" plenty of times with GTFC so it wouldnt bother me if i won't on this occassion , if having considered all other factors i decide not to.
Seeing GTFC stroll out at old Wembley for the first time in their history wont be matched in my eyes or emotions regardless of the occassion/prize.

We don't want any fanny talk like that, if we get to the play-off final get yourself there and when we have hopefully smashed whoever we play you can watch it all again when you get home.. ;)
Posted by: mariner91, April 29, 2015, 5:55pm; Reply: 33
If we get to Wembley I will definitely be there despite the rip off. This club has had over a decade of disappointments, false dawns and general shiteness. We've all stuck with them through all that, why deny yourself the first potential opportunity to see something good happen to the club in years?
Posted by: moosey_club, April 29, 2015, 7:13pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from mariner91
If we get to Wembley I will definitely be there despite the rip off. This club has had over a decade of disappointments, false dawns and general shiteness. We've all stuck with them through all that, why deny yourself the first potential opportunity to see something good happen to the club in years?

i wouldnt, i would be watching on the telly wouldnt i? , being the pessimistic GTFC fan i am i can already feel the hurt, anger and overwhelming disappointment while contemplating seeing Barrow and Bromley next season as i trundle along on the long journey home back north...

FFS please prove me wrong Town.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 29, 2015, 7:32pm; Reply: 35
As long as people keep buying it they'll be tret like sheep.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 29, 2015, 8:17pm; Reply: 36
As long as people keep buying it they'll be tret like sheep.

I was thinking more like sh it  ;)
Posted by: JonnyK, April 29, 2015, 9:04pm; Reply: 37
Wow. Just wow. I cannot believe people are actually saying they won't go to the playoff final should we get there.  How about we go support our team on what could be one of the biggest games in our history? And, if money is tight, how about we agree to go 2 and maybe a bit hours without having some junk food or a pint?

intercourse it, if all you nay-sayers go I'll start a petition to stop Ticket Master having a monopoly on play off finals.
Posted by: gytone, April 29, 2015, 9:12pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from JonnyK
Wow. Just wow. I cannot believe people are actually saying they won't go to the playoff final should we get there.  How about we go support our team on what could be one of the biggest games in our history? And, if money is tight, how about we agree to go 2 and maybe a bit hours without having some junk food or a pint?

intercourse it, if all you nay-sayers go I'll start a petition to stop Ticket Master having a monopoly on play off finals.

I agree, yes it will be an expensive rip-off ( and I hate being ripped -off ), yes I cant stand the FA and everybody involved in it, and don't particularly like Wembley, but will I be there for the play-off final should we get there.....absolutely YES, I will go and support MY team hopefully getting promoted back to were we belong, and every Town fan worth his salt should be there if they possibly can IMHO  :)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 29, 2015, 9:32pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Les Brechin
Plus the fact that they'll only be sold via Ticketmaster with a £3.50 PER TICKET booking fee and postage charge on top.

So won't we be able to buy them from the ticket office at BP?
Posted by: BIGChris, April 29, 2015, 9:33pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from HertsGTFC

So won't we be able to buy them from the ticket office at BP?

No.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 29, 2015, 9:37pm; Reply: 41
FFS............... And there I was at the start of the season being sold my season ticket on the basis of "season ticket holders get priority"......... But seriously that is a right effing "sell out" by the Conference. Another reason to leave this league behind?  
Posted by: UTFM, April 29, 2015, 10:57pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Les Brechin

I wish TicketBastard fees were as cheap here in the U.S.  If a ticket costs, say, $25, you can pretty much add 40-50% on top of that in TicketBastard fees (i.e., two $25 tickets will work out to roughly $75 total when the fees are added on). The rule I follow is that you get two tickets for the price of three.

I flipping hate TicketBastard!
Posted by: WokingMariner, April 29, 2015, 11:10pm; Reply: 43

Miss possibly the greatest moment in our history for £3.50! How will you explain that to your grandchildren (or great grandchildren if you already have grandchildren) in years to come when they ask you what it was like to be there?
Posted by: WokingMariner, April 29, 2015, 11:11pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from moosey_club

Have you ever grasped the concept of a day out?
Posted by: northbankmariner, April 30, 2015, 10:03am; Reply: 45
I get what moosey_club states in that nothing will match that great day in 1998 when many of our lifetimes ambitions were realised in seeing grimsby play, and win at wembley. I get it I really do. This game is also huge though returning back to the league is enormous for the club the town and every supporter connected with gtfc. It is an expensive day out. FACT. But if we get there and if we were lucky to achieve promotion and I was only watching it on tv I would feel so gutted I wasn't mixing with20000 other town fans and the euphoria that would create would come close to those feelings of 98 as this actually means so much more than Cardiff or cup finals we have been in. I still remember falling of my seat dancing to rocking all over the world and glad all over etc in '98. Motors that are now 17 years old but I will never forget. The chance of getting back in the league and experiencing those feelings again I cannot put a price on,
Posted by: moosey_club, April 30, 2015, 10:05am; Reply: 46
Quoted from WokingMariner

Have you ever grasped the concept of a day out?

Yep, Wembley, Cardiff, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton,Villa, Man City, Chelsea, Boro, Wimbledon, Reading etc etc etc etc not to mention the Stokes, Chesterfields, Sheff Weds, etc etc etc.
Have the badges already for days out and do you know what, right now financially, logistically and on principle, to be there for myself doesnt swing it. Other factors yet to be considered if we do make it ,so who knows but at the moment 80/20 against.
Posted by: H19P1, May 5, 2015, 7:57am; Reply: 47
Has anyone got a seating plan that shows our allocated seats for Wembley?
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, May 5, 2015, 8:00am; Reply: 48
My wife is due on May 9th so unless we get a prompt arrival I'm copulated. If I make it I'll be wasting as much cash as possible on warm Tuborg, horse-burgers and sweatshop manufactured nylon shite.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), May 5, 2015, 8:12am; Reply: 49
Born in 96. Wouldn't miss this game for the world.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 5, 2015, 8:18am; Reply: 50
I Will be there with my backpack stuffed with wilkingers  ;D

Bring it on lenny !

Oh and aren't Bristol rovers players and even the manager arrogant as intercourse.
Posted by: Corkyefes, May 5, 2015, 8:28am; Reply: 51
Does anybody know how many tickets a season ticket holder can buy this morning?
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 5, 2015, 9:05am; Reply: 52
Unless I'm missing something, it says Available from Thursday 7th May, so struggling to purchase even with a season ticket.
Posted by: speedy, May 5, 2015, 9:09am; Reply: 53
here you go fella,

http://sport.seetickets.com/football/team/grimsby-town
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 5, 2015, 9:21am; Reply: 54
Thanks......2 tickets purchased with 1 season ticket.
Posted by: LH, May 5, 2015, 11:14am; Reply: 55
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
My wife is due on May 9th so unless we get a prompt arrival I'm copulated. If I make it I'll be wasting as much cash as possible on warm Tuborg, horse-burgers and sweatshop manufactured nylon shite.

All of which are available at various points in the Findus stand.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 7:47am