Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 26, 2015, 10:42pm
Before we know whether we'll be at Wembley again. Let's forget Wembley until hopefully next Sunday evening and concentrate on the two most important games so far this season.

I'm feeling a bit apprehensive now despite the fact we've beaten them twice already. Just a bit. Not too much. If they're full of gamesmanship and we get naff officials we could be handicapped, but if we get a fair rub of the green we should do it. The squad have shown they can do it. It's all about the right mindset. We know they don't give up. We need to see them competitive without being stupid, optimistic without being careless. The spirit of the Barnet games.

Hopefully the atmosphere will be like the Fulham games in 98. The mood's got to be positive now for the rest of the week - even grumpy old gits like me can manage that  ;). So 90 plus minutes of singing on Thursday, hoarse on Friday at work, recover Saturday then same again Sunday.

Sorry for the rambling.

GERRIN TO EM!!
Posted by: mariner91, April 26, 2015, 10:53pm; Reply: 1
MMMMMMAAAAAAARRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEERRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSS
Posted by: Maringer, April 26, 2015, 11:12pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from mariner91

You need to get that keyboard looked at.  8)
Posted by: friskneymariner, April 26, 2015, 11:27pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from mariner91

Try watching the Kings Speech it may help.
Posted by: LH, April 26, 2015, 11:42pm; Reply: 4
Nothing better when you support a club than being excited for the next game. In recent times I've dreaded going to BP to see us play and been right to dread it at the end of the game. This last couple of months has been brilliant though. We may not have taken the title but I believe that these lads are capable of taking us back up. Really looking forward to finishing at half three on Thursday and hot footing it up the A17 to watch the game in the pub at home. Hopefully on Sunday evening I'll be back in the pub organising a Wembley weekend.
Posted by: Jaws, April 27, 2015, 4:02pm; Reply: 5
Blundell Park needs to be rocking.

Going out on a limb here and saying it's our most important home game in the years and years? Last 2 years the home playoff has been the first leg so never going to send us to Wembley like it will this year.

Promotion to what's now the Championship was the clubs greatest achievement in my lifetime, but the clubs future didn't depend on it. I want Eastleigh to be excrement-scared of even touching the ball, I want them to hate every minute of the second leg and really rattle their cages - we seem to destroy a startled opposing team..

CMON TOWN
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, April 27, 2015, 4:32pm; Reply: 6
Let's for get about Wembley by creating a thread about it lol
Posted by: RichMariner, April 27, 2015, 4:58pm; Reply: 7
I'm actually feeling quite relaxed about these next two games.

I won't be able to make the final if we do get there, so maybe that has something to do with it.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 8:29pm