Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Sigone, April 25, 2015, 9:27pm
What's happened...heard that the allams ha've taken all there money out and the club have had to take voluntary relegation
Posted by: Hagrid, April 25, 2015, 9:28pm; Reply: 1
They are up for sale, not heard anything about the relegation though, and i dont think its true!  Nonoffence
Posted by: Sigone, April 25, 2015, 9:37pm; Reply: 2
Just going on what Nathan peat has been tweeting..not sure why they would have to be relegated though.
Posted by: biggles9999, April 25, 2015, 9:48pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Sigone
Just going on what Nathan peat has been tweeting..not sure why they would have to be relegated though.

The Allam's have pulled all of their funding from the club and have resigned the club from the league.

The Ferriby background staff are now trying to sort out the mess but the players have been recommended to find new clubs if possible.
Posted by: Sigone, April 25, 2015, 9:49pm; Reply: 4
Sad end to what has probably been there greatest season ever.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 25, 2015, 10:04pm; Reply: 5
Thats shocking, poor leadership from the allams, and feel ever so sorry for ferriby
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 25, 2015, 10:08pm; Reply: 6
Thats disgusting behaviour but do you expect anything else from that family. ?
Posted by: Chrisblor, April 25, 2015, 10:13pm; Reply: 7
The Allams really are a bunch of total dickheads.
Posted by: ska face, April 25, 2015, 10:15pm; Reply: 8
And I thought I was all laughed-out after Tranmere's relegation!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Posted by: LH, April 25, 2015, 10:16pm; Reply: 9
Just read this. Allam is an utterly detestable man who should not be near any club's boardroom.
Posted by: ska face, April 25, 2015, 10:20pm; Reply: 10
*slow hand clap* for all of you on here who were singing their praises and slapping Allam on the back after the village club, propped up purely with Allam's money, beat fan-owned Wrexham last month.
Posted by: Meza, April 25, 2015, 10:20pm; Reply: 11
And this is were the FA should do something about this taking their money including the winnings from the FAT but yo leave the club in the lurch is....well absolutely disgraceful they should be banned from running or being involved in business again.
Posted by: immariner, April 25, 2015, 10:21pm; Reply: 12
That's the risk clubs take when they spend way beyond their means. They enjoyed the success that spunking money up the wall got them, now they have to endure the misery.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), April 25, 2015, 10:26pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from immariner
That's the risk clubs take when they spend way beyond their means. They enjoyed the success that spunking money up the wall got them, now they have to endure the misery.

I wonder if the 500 die hard Eastleigh fans are aware of this.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 25, 2015, 10:27pm; Reply: 14
Watch them take their money and run if Hull get relegated,

Hull will sink like a stone and we could be playing them sooner than you think.
Posted by: immariner, April 25, 2015, 10:35pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from ska face
*slow hand clap* for all of you on here who were singing their praises and slapping Allam on the back after the village club, propped up purely with Allam's money, beat fan-owned Wrexham last month.

And there were many. Fortunately, I think a lot more football fans are coming round to our way of thinking. This sort of excrement-and-bust sequence happens too often and it should not be condoned, let alone celebrated.

I feel sorry for the supporters of North Ferriby as I did for the supporters of Portsmouth, being just one other example. However, they were the same fans who lapped up the success that was hollow-bought with little dissention, if any. Football clubs are community assets and should be run sustainably is my way of thinking. The Allams are a bunch of charlatans and should not be allowed near another football club.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 25, 2015, 10:52pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Meza
And this is were the FA should do something about this taking their money including the winnings from the FAT but yo leave the club in the lurch is....well absolutely disgraceful they should be banned from running or being involved in business again.

I suspect it may be the FA who have initiated this as I always understood that you could not be a major director in 2 clubs in the pyramid. Maybe and I am just saying maybe here the visibility they have had recently may have led to them pulling their money out.
Posted by: immariner, April 25, 2015, 10:55pm; Reply: 17
Nope, it was run by different Allams. Money ultimately from the same source though.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 25, 2015, 11:42pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from immariner
Nope, it was run by different Allams. Money ultimately from the same source though.

Only the football "powers that be" would miss that considering the "Allam" who owns "The Targers" was sat in the Ferriby directors box with a big grin on his face at the FAT final. I lived in Hull for 10 years and can't remember Allam being a very common name.    
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 25, 2015, 11:44pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from immariner

Completely agree.
Posted by: mariner2000, April 25, 2015, 11:49pm; Reply: 20
just think if they leave Ull they could be looking for a new club in the area.  Many people on here would still snap their hand off!!!!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 26, 2015, 12:10am; Reply: 21
Quoted from mariner2000
just think if they leave Ull they could be looking for a new club in the area.  Many people on here would still snap their hand off!!!!

They can stick their "Far Eastern markets potential" up their bottom. I'd rather be in the Conference.
Posted by: StiggsGTFC, April 26, 2015, 1:35am; Reply: 22
Quoted from immariner

Daughter and son in law I think...

Posted by: friskneymariner, April 26, 2015, 8:33am; Reply: 23
Quoted from KingstonMariner

They can stick their "Far Eastern markets potential" up their bottom. I'd rather be in the Conference.

What do you think they would want to change our name to.
Posted by: northbankmariner, April 26, 2015, 8:37am; Reply: 24
Living a couple of miles from ferriby I have to feel gutted for the die hard supporters of their club. When town played them in a pre season friendly this season I went and chatted to a few of them in their lovely little clubhouse. A proper community club. And after having their big day out and success comes this. Absolutely don't deserve it. Pretty shite what the Allams are doing if true, why not just advertise the club for sale as an ongoing concern, Crikey the money is peanuts to that family but to the supporter it is everything.
Posted by: aldi_01, April 26, 2015, 10:46am; Reply: 25
Supporters are a hassle, they interfere, the moan, they often have crazy high expectations and so on. Not my opinion but I suspect that is how many of these money men see us. Allam won't care, much like the FA don't care about ripping fans off etc.

Allam will just see it as a couple of hundred, hardly a lot in his eyes. Another play thing he got bored with...I'd be very worried if I was a Hull fan...
Posted by: ginnywings, April 26, 2015, 12:12pm; Reply: 26
Ruthless businessmen being ruthless shocker.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, April 26, 2015, 12:36pm; Reply: 27
Did anyone really expect this to have a happy ending?

The only reason Hull are not suffering the same fate after the name debacle is because so much money is tied up there and there's no other buyer on the horizon.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 26, 2015, 1:26pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from friskneymariner

What do you think they would want to change our name to.

Fortunately I don't think that's going to be an issue for us.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 26, 2015, 1:43pm; Reply: 29
It really needs an external body enforcing strict financial laws. I know it all gets very complicated very quickly but the general gist should be to sum up all your guaranteed and expected income from ticket sales, merch, sponsorship etc and not allow clubs to spend more than this on outgoings. If a rich owner wants to spend more from his own pocket that's fine, but they must put up that money in advance and place it in an escrow account that they cannot get back. It should not be possible for a club to fold simply because the current owners get bored.
Posted by: BIGChris, April 26, 2015, 2:54pm; Reply: 30
One of the players who tweeted last night about the goings on has now apologised and admitted he was wrong.

NFU may well be operating on a reduced budget but no suggestion they have asked to be demoted
Posted by: gtfc98, April 26, 2015, 4:31pm; Reply: 31
Allam is a girl private.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 26, 2015, 4:42pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from aldi_01
Supporters are a hassle, they interfere, the moan, they often have crazy high expectations and so on. Not my opinion but I suspect that is how many of these money men see us. Allam won't care, much like the FA don't care about ripping fans off etc.

Allam will just see it as a couple of hundred, hardly a lot in his eyes. Another play thing he got bored with...I'd be very worried if I was a Hull fan...

Sadly that is bang on the money

Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 3:18pm