Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 22, 2015, 5:47pm
Our average away following this season. A great effort by one and all. Obviously 1 or 2 are estimated figures at the unsegregated games, but this is about as close as you'll get to a real figure.

[img]http://i62.tinypic.com/2hdp7qg.png[/img]

[img]http://i59.tinypic.com/29f6uu1.png[/img]

Figures courtesy of http://www.onefootballforum.co.uk especially to Woking fan "Cardsfan" who compiled the data over the season.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, April 22, 2015, 6:06pm; Reply: 1
Incredible since we haven't a single local game. Apart from gimps but can't count them.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, April 22, 2015, 6:32pm; Reply: 2
2nd= least number of visitors to bp at average 112
Posted by: Barrattstander, April 22, 2015, 7:28pm; Reply: 3
We took more fans to Bristol Rovers than they brought here, so moral victory to us !
Posted by: Abdul19, April 22, 2015, 7:32pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Barrattstander
We took more fans to Bristol Rovers than they brought here, so moral victory to us !

And it was an early kickoff on tv!
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 22, 2015, 7:43pm; Reply: 5
Well done to all.
Posted by: Meza, April 22, 2015, 8:02pm; Reply: 6
would be interesting to see how many southern based teams there are compared to northern, its easier for Bristol to go to southern games, but i dont think they have taken as much to northern.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 22, 2015, 8:11pm; Reply: 7
Pity those 6 hardy souls from Telford

Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 22, 2015, 8:29pm; Reply: 8
11 of the top 12 are ex-league clubs.
Posted by: Jaws, April 22, 2015, 10:43pm; Reply: 9
I'd imagine our away fans have covered the most cumulative miles in the league.
Posted by: jock dock tower, April 22, 2015, 10:51pm; Reply: 10
Only six team brought 100 fans or more to BP during the season. That's pish.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 22, 2015, 11:07pm; Reply: 11
I was disappointed when it was reported we "only" took 250 to Dover. And yet it's 2 1/2 times the average away attendance there.
Posted by: aldi_01, April 23, 2015, 6:05am; Reply: 12
Over a season that is a great average, especially given the distance and in honesty, the high prices to stand in grounds with urine poor facilities.

That level of support is clearly a help to the team also. I appreciate there are more southern teams but I think much like us, Bristol Rovers would have a high average if the league was more northern. They are similar to us in that they've always had decent away following, not too mention they are a large city so naturally have more people to draw from.

For me it says that the southern based ex league clubs don't travel well. Has anyone ever looked at all the southern clubs to see if it is a trait of southern fans? I don't remember manu southern teams bringing big crowds when we were in the league either if I'm honest.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 23, 2015, 8:30am; Reply: 13
Aldi, BP is all seater  ;)
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, April 23, 2015, 10:03am; Reply: 14
What we have to remember is Bristol Rovers have been down here one year we have had a lot longer so I think it's incredible support. Here's hoping that we are in the league 2 average away support next season
Posted by: Caesar, April 23, 2015, 1:12pm; Reply: 15
If I read it right Dover was our only game with under 200 fans, and that was probably the second longest trip on a Tuesday,even then I thought we took over 200.  Hopefully this season that support will be rewarded.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 23, 2015, 11:36pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Caesar
If I read it right Dover was our only game with under 200 fans, and that was probably the second longest trip on a Tuesday,even then I thought we took over 200.  Hopefully this season that support will be rewarded.

Easily 200. And that's not counting those seated. But then I'm sure* they let some people in the right hand turnstile at reduced rate because it wasn't "clicking" people as it turned.

* In fact I know at least one 17 year old who went through for tuppence ha'penny  ;)
Posted by: bobbyturtle, April 23, 2015, 11:53pm; Reply: 17
black and white army

fair play to all that travel utm
Posted by: grimps, April 24, 2015, 5:26am; Reply: 18
Not bad considering we never really got going until Feb- March time.
If we could have a season at the top of a league we'd be taking loads everywhere
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 1, 2015, 6:54pm; Reply: 19
Another stat.

We had the highest percentage of away fans (17.4%) compared to our average home gate.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 1, 2015, 7:03pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Les Brechin
Another stat.

We had the highest percentage of away fans (17.4%) compared to our average home gate.

How many was at Eastleigh Les ?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 1, 2015, 7:44pm; Reply: 21
So proud to be GTFC!
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 1, 2015, 8:05pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from grimsby pete

How many was at Eastleigh Les ?

Not seen anything official yet Pete but I'd estimate about 600.
Posted by: Richard, May 1, 2015, 9:41pm; Reply: 23
we follow grimsby awayyy ,we follow grimsby away,follow grimsby away,follow grimsby away  :)
Posted by: lukeo, May 2, 2015, 6:32am; Reply: 24
Quoted from Les Brechin
Another stat.

This stat interests me more, it's not about numbers because some clubs are bigger or well supported than others it's about percentages ;)
Posted by: grimps, May 2, 2015, 8:30am; Reply: 25
Quoted from lukeo

This stat interests me more, it's not about numbers because some clubs are bigger or well supported than others it's about percentages ;)

Man Utd would have to take more than 15000 everywhere to get that percentage  ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 2, 2015, 10:09am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Les Brechin

Not seen anything official yet Pete but I'd estimate about 600.

Thanks Les.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 2, 2015, 9:53pm; Reply: 27
Looking at that table of figures again, I must take my hat off to Aldershot fans. Apart from us and Bristol Rovers they were the only team to take 100 or more fans to every away league game.

Considering the poor season they had that's a bloody good achievement.
Posted by: immariner, May 2, 2015, 9:55pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Les Brechin
Looking at that table of figures again, I must take my hat off to Aldershot fans. Apart from us and Bristol Rovers they were the only team to take 100 or more fans to every away league game.

Considering the poor season they had that's a bloody good achievement.

...except against us. (whistling)
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 2, 2015, 10:17pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from immariner

...except against us. (whistling)

They had 102 here.
Posted by: immariner, May 2, 2015, 10:22pm; Reply: 30
I thought it was 90-odd, ne'mind then.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 7, 2015, 7:14am; Reply: 31
Full list of % of home fans who went to away games this season.

[img]http://i59.tinypic.com/2s7b0up.png[/img]
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 7, 2015, 12:43pm; Reply: 32
Do you think our top percentage of away fans is helped by the high number of exiles who are southern-based?  We might have more long-standing exiles due to our previous high league status.

Additionally, a lot of local graduates etc find work in the London area, rather than returning to Grimsby.

A majority of away games are down south.  (Eg southern-based exiles bought a lot of tickets for the Eastleigh away game in the play-offs).

There is still an impressive hardcore of Town fans who travel to away matches from NE Lincs. Great dedication.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:15pm