Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Tony_GTFC, April 22, 2015, 1:06pm
What is the best supermarket in Grimsby? I'm a Tescos man myself, but they lost a lot of money today. Dont understand how cos its always packed in there.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, April 22, 2015, 1:24pm; Reply: 1
I like tesco express
Posted by: ginnywings, April 23, 2015, 11:21am; Reply: 2
Been an Aldi man since it first arrived. It was great shopping with hardly any other customers but now the secret is out and the car park is full of huge 4x4's, owned by ex Tesco and Sainsbury's shoppers, who are on their uppers. An oft heard saying in Aldi is "but is it as good as (insert well known brand name here) as it seems awfully cheap". Too many customers for the size of the shop now.

We've moved onto Lidl for basics but i try and use local shops as much as i can for bread, meat and veg or sometimes use Freeman St market.

Don't know why anyone would pay the rip off prices of Tesco and their ilk and it seems that lots of customers are now realising the same thing. I hope Tesco crash and burn.
Posted by: Maringer, April 23, 2015, 11:48am; Reply: 3
Generally use Aldi and Lidl for the bulk of my shopping though the odd visit to Tesco for more exotic ingredients and a better selection of beers and so forth. Basic groceries at Aldi are excellent quality and a good price.

Definitely saving a lot of money now in comparison to my Tesco-only days.

You're right that the Aldi tends to be packed a lot of the time - it was absolutely crackers when I went in there in the run up to Christmas. I suppose that it doesn't help that I generally need to go shopping on Thursdays when the place is jammed with pensioners and people looking for the special weekly deals.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 23, 2015, 1:00pm; Reply: 4
aldi
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 23, 2015, 1:41pm; Reply: 5
Its no wonder Tesco are in trouble,

I bought 12 bottles of wine the other week at 25% off,

When I  got to the till they gave me a voucher for £7 off my next shop,

The voucher was a price match, I think it should have said I  have saved £7,

8) 8)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 23, 2015, 5:32pm; Reply: 6
The fruit in Lidl is excellent and cheap, we tend to do our shopping over 4 supermarkets to save money (offers etc)

We do pay more for our meat though from the butchers, we tend to buy less meat now though to balance it out,  I'd rather have less meat but better quality meat from the butchers.
Posted by: Marinerz93, April 24, 2015, 4:39pm; Reply: 7
I'm surprised you all haven't mentioned what shop you get your man-ginas vajazzled  ;D
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 24, 2015, 5:47pm; Reply: 8
I use Morrisons for our main shop. Even better now that they price match Aldi and Lidl with their Match N More card.

If your shopping could have been cheaper elsewhere you get 1 point for every penny it could have been cheaper. Once you get to 500 points you automatically get a £5 voucher.

Closest supermarket to where I live and in my opinion Tesco and Asda are just too bloody big. Morrision is a lot smaller but you can still get everything you need for a main shop.
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, April 25, 2015, 9:30am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Marinerz93
I'm surprised you all haven't mentioned what shop you get your man-ginas vajazzled  ;D

THIS!!!
Nearly blew coffee through my nostrils when I read that.
I'm lucky enough to live in a house with wife and daughter both working for tesco, no need for me to go near those pits of despair.
Posted by: Youngy, April 29, 2015, 9:01am; Reply: 10
I too use Morrisons, much calmer shopping experience and since the Match and More scheme has come in, prices have slowly gone down. Already have £65 worth of vouchers to use.
Posted by: pizzzza, April 29, 2015, 3:10pm; Reply: 11
CASH OR CARD???

I'm an Aldi convert  :)
Posted by: Marinerz93, May 3, 2015, 1:28pm; Reply: 12
I guess I can get on board with this shopping thing with you guys if there was one of these in the shops  ;)

[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/wmjrcz.jpg[/IMG]
Posted by: Dan, May 7, 2015, 4:03pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Youngy
I too use Morrisons, much calmer shopping experience and since the Match and More scheme has come in, prices have slowly gone down. Already have £65 worth of vouchers to use.

They have a time limit on them, worth checking.
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 5:44am