Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Poll Data Not Available with Printable Version
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 22, 2015, 8:04am
Having seen a real interest in town recently support wise and having taken approx 16k recently to Wembley for a non league cup game, would it be likely to break the 20k barrier for a game of real importance if we get there or is that being optimistic ?
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 22, 2015, 8:45am; Reply: 1
No vote from me.

I prefer to get through the semi-final before I even think about Wembley.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, April 22, 2015, 6:07pm; Reply: 2
Thinking about the 17k mark but would love to be wrong and us take over 20k
Posted by: GYinScuntland, April 22, 2015, 6:15pm; Reply: 3
Went for 12.5k as everyone loses interest when a week before the fcuking tinpot tee wats can't decide the actual date / venue / kick off time.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 22, 2015, 7:55pm; Reply: 4
If we get to Wembley it will be our biggest game there,

More important than when we won the Auto Glass or play offs in 98,

This one will get us back into the football league,

There can not be anything more important than that,

Even so I can not see us taking 20,000+

18,000- 19000 IMO
Posted by: GrimRob, April 22, 2015, 10:29pm; Reply: 5
I think we'd get a lot more than we had in the FA Trophy because it means so much more. It's a long time since we've been to Wembley for a game of any real signifcance so for a lot of people it would be their first experience..I'd hope for at least 20K.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 22, 2015, 11:13pm; Reply: 6
Can't see it breaching 12k. Feel good factor of the post-FGR phase has well and truly withered. 3 disappointing finals. Shite venue for a small final. Shite value for money. Can't see many people bothering. It's a relatively local fixture for me but I'd only go out of a sense of duty* so I can't see many glory hunters going.

* if it was somewhere sensible like Villa Park I'd be more enthusiastic.
Posted by: Abdul19, April 22, 2015, 11:22pm; Reply: 7
Posted by: northbankmariner, April 22, 2015, 11:50pm; Reply: 8
Agree with les, cannot even contemplate wembley until we get there, and that is no certainty is it. Fans are only torturing themselves just now.
Posted by: aldi_01, April 23, 2015, 6:00am; Reply: 9
Not thinking about it but I can't see it being more than 20k. Nothing to do with people having lost interest wtc but more to do with cost implications and whilst we all know it would be hugely important many others wouldn't...
Posted by: Rick12, April 23, 2015, 9:10am; Reply: 10
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Can't see it breaching 12k. Feel good factor of the post-FGR phase has well and truly withered. 3 disappointing finals. Shite venue for a small final. Shite value for money. Can't see many people bothering. It's a relatively local fixture for me but I'd only go out of a sense of duty* so I can't see many glory hunters going.

* if it was somewhere sensible like Villa Park I'd be more enthusiastic.
Personally though like the idea of going to Wembley.Biggest stage for a important game even if it is lower down the leagues. Another thing is feel its a good day out for players and fans alike as if it was held somewhere else eg Villa park wouldent have the same allure. Must be special for the players as well playing at Wembley as opposed to say a lesser stadium .
Posted by: 1mickylyons, April 23, 2015, 9:19am; Reply: 11
Very difficult to get coaches etc organised but massive game for a Club with the traditions of GTFC but the big word is IF. People keep on counting the chickens before they hatch and then they wonder why they are so disappointed so far Mr Hurst has failed to deliver in big games so lets just wait and see what happens over 2 legs first.
Posted by: Chrisblor, April 23, 2015, 9:33am; Reply: 12
The idiot running the conference twitter account seems to reckon they've already flogged 7000 tickets to neutrals as part of their VANARAMA CONFERENCE PROMOTION FINAL BIG DAY OUT (ugh) promotion.

Will be very strange if we get there to be sat with that many attendees who aren't bothered who wins.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 23, 2015, 9:56am; Reply: 13
18K - 19K.  It is live on TV and we went to Wembley recently.  The novelty has worn off for lukewarm supporters, even if this match (if we get there) has so much more riding on it.

The weather will certainly be warmer this time!
Posted by: MarinerWY, April 23, 2015, 10:21am; Reply: 14
I think it all depends on who we are playing. If we are playing Bristol, then yes I can see us hitting the 20k mark. It would be a great final: albeit one I don't want as I fancy our chances more against some Eastleigh/Forest Green/Macclesfield, but we can still turn over Bristol.

If it's against any of the other teams, I'd say we'll get around 17k.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, April 23, 2015, 10:24am; Reply: 15
I believe the neutral tickets have its own section, and they only cost £10, so would imagine alot of them just won't turn up
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 23, 2015, 11:13am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Rick12
Personally though like the idea of going to Wembley.Biggest stage for a important game even if it is lower down the leagues. Another thing is feel its a good day out for players and fans alike as if it was held somewhere else eg Villa park wouldent have the same allure. Must be special for the players as well playing at Wembley as opposed to say a lesser stadium .

Not if we get there and lose.

Posted by: Rick12, April 23, 2015, 11:14am; Reply: 17
Quoted from arryarryarry

Not if we get there and lose.

Fair enough  ;)

Posted by: pizzzza, April 23, 2015, 11:50am; Reply: 18
Quoted from Chrisblor
The idiot running the conference twitter account seems to reckon they've already flogged 7000 tickets to neutrals as part of their VANARAMA CONFERENCE PROMOTION FINAL BIG DAY OUT (ugh) promotion.

Given that ticket in recent years have been about £40 I'm starting to wish I invested in one of these £10 vouchers when I had the chance. I suspect that the extortionate prices will put people off too.

As you say, the guy running the conference twitter is a sharp object and I can just see him now gleefully telling fans that they should've got the £10 vouchers when people inevitably tweet him to complain about prices.
Posted by: BIGChris, April 23, 2015, 12:11pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from pizzzza

Given that ticket in recent years have been about £40 I'm starting to wish I invested in one of these £10 vouchers when I had the chance. I suspect that the extortionate prices will put people off too.

As you say, the guy running the conference twitter is a sharp object and I can just see him now gleefully telling fans that they should've got the £10 vouchers when people inevitably tweet him to complain about prices.

These were the prices for last years final. The extortionate handling & postage charges are a true rip off;

TICKETS:
The Football Conference has appointed an Official Ticket Agency for the sale and distribution of the tickets.
PRICING:
Level 1 - Adults £36, Under 16's £18.
Level 2 (Club Wembley) - Adults £41, no concessions.

There will be a booking fee of £3 per ticket for tickets priced at £36 and £41.  A booking fee of £1.50 per ticket will be applied for tickets priced at £18.  
There are three postage options available, 1st Class at £2.35, Special Delivery at £6.25 or collection from Wembley at £1.95

Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 23, 2015, 1:22pm; Reply: 20
Ticket prices imo should be tenners adults fivers kids and concessions, I will still be there though whatever them (fa) basts charge around 18k I think
Posted by: Rick12, April 23, 2015, 2:30pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Ticket prices imo should be tenners adults fivers kids and concessions, I will still be there though whatever them (fa) basts charge around 18k I think
;D   Fair play

Posted by: grimsby pete, April 23, 2015, 6:09pm; Reply: 22
If we play Bristol in the final there will be 50,000+ there,

A great atmosphere and a deserved win for us. 8)
Posted by: AdamHaddock, April 23, 2015, 6:12pm; Reply: 23
I think we'd take no more than 13,000 to be honest. But no room for complacency, we're going to have to get past a good side in the semis first
Posted by: Rick12, April 23, 2015, 8:30pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from grimsby pete
If we play Bristol in the final there will be 50,000+ there,

A great atmosphere and a deserved win for us. 8)
Just hope all the lads put a shift in Pete and do the club proud.100% effort and hopefully the result comes with that.Given what others have said about the team and how improved it is to years gone(dont get to see the team as much as I would like so have to judge it on what others say) we have a good chance as any if the effort is there from everyone

Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 23, 2015, 8:44pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from AdamHaddock
I think we'd take no more than 13,000 to be honest. But no room for complacency, we're going to have to get past a good side in the semis first

Agree especially as it would cost a family of 4 over £100 plus travel, food drinks etc. Even my lads who have only known the bad times  (ie Groves onwards) have been to Wembley twice, it just doesn't have the appeal it used to have. :-/
Posted by: 97 (Guest), April 23, 2015, 9:28pm; Reply: 26
I missed both 98 Wembley games, but went to Cardiff, the JPT against MK Dons and FA trophy.

Out of duty to the club I think I should stay at home for this.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 23, 2015, 11:30pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Rick12

Would be good if you've not been there before, but the last two occasions the atmosphere was shite. In 2008, on account of us playing a joke of a club and to be fair, hardly any passion amongst a lot of the Town fans. In 2013 on account of there being even fewer fans, it being offing freezing, stupidly loud PA announcements and music killing off any nascent atmosphere in our end and a dire under-performance by Town players. Given the track record with "large" crowds I can't see it being any better.

Villa Park would at least feel fairly full with 30,000 people in it, and be a much better atmosphere, and a better location for most people.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 23, 2015, 11:31pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from BIGChris

These were the prices for last years final. The extortionate handling & postage charges are a true rip off;

TICKETS:
The Football Conference has appointed an Official Ticket Agency for the sale and distribution of the tickets.
PRICING:
Level 1 - Adults £36, Under 16's £18.
Level 2 (Club Wembley) - Adults £41, no concessions.

There will be a booking fee of £3 per ticket for tickets priced at £36 and £41.  A booking fee of £1.50 per ticket will be applied for tickets priced at £18.  
There are three postage options available, 1st Class at £2.35, Special Delivery at £6.25 or collection from Wembley at £1.95

Why they don't just say Adults £39, Under 16's £21 ..... actually I do know. It's a con.
Posted by: lukeo, April 24, 2015, 8:16am; Reply: 29
i think we'll take just over 20k
Posted by: lukeo, April 24, 2015, 8:18am; Reply: 30
+ on ticket prices even if they did £20 and £10 prices, a nice round figure, not to expensive and a sensible price.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 24, 2015, 8:37pm; Reply: 31
Well in a age of polls this one actually interests me, probably getting near 20 k looks possible  :)
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 4, 2015, 2:44pm; Reply: 32
Perhaps the superstitious among you can vote now
Posted by: Meza, May 4, 2015, 2:51pm; Reply: 33
I've been on a few rival forums and apparently they xan use the vouchers they got from the vanarama conference to reedem for a playoff final match day ticket.  Is this right?  
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 12:03pm