Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, April 21, 2015, 5:04pm
Been told Josh Venney and Josh Sunter have earned pro contracts with all over 2nd years being released
Posted by: psgmariner, April 21, 2015, 6:41pm; Reply: 1
Venney confirmed his contract on Twitter. Good on him.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 21, 2015, 6:42pm; Reply: 2
Match day squad Saturday??
Posted by: BIGChris, April 21, 2015, 7:43pm; Reply: 3
I have been impressed with Sunter in the last month or so. Strong and reasonably quick. Needs to play with and against seasoned pro's to see if there is a real player there.

Will he get the chance is the question?
Posted by: denni266, April 21, 2015, 8:53pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from BIGChris
I have been impressed with Sunter in the last month or so. Strong and reasonably quick. Needs to play with and against seasoned pro's to see if there is a real player there.

Will he get the chance is the question?

Cant see hurst giving them much of a chance,  but hey ho, he may not be here after the playoffs
Posted by: gtfc82, April 21, 2015, 9:29pm; Reply: 5
What positions do they play in?
Posted by: BIGChris, April 21, 2015, 9:32pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from gtfc82
What positions do they play in?

Venney is a midfield player and Sunter a centre back
Posted by: gtfc82, April 21, 2015, 9:36pm; Reply: 7
Thanks!  :)
Posted by: Abdul19, April 21, 2015, 9:47pm; Reply: 8
Is he related to this bloke?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3026923.stm
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, April 21, 2015, 10:07pm; Reply: 9
Pleased for the lads.

Hate to say it though, they will probably be good signings for Boston in another year or two.
Posted by: acko338, April 22, 2015, 1:28pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Abdul19

Sadly  - the fraudster was a school mate from infancy right through to Barton Grammar School - super parents who did not deserve what he left them as a legacy - his dad paid off some debts from his pension payout  !

I knew of all of his convictions, and couldn't believe that Jarvis had fallen for his glib ways at the time to obtain employment - I believe that he swapped his Christian names round and altered one to make it sound like a different person.

Good job he wasn'r working for Conoco at the time, or we would be in a new stadium at their unexpected cost, not just a million for naming the stadium at the time !!

Anyone else still got their baseball caps from the ensuing promotions at the time ???? - use mine against rare sunny days on my allotment !! (Not Peaksfield Ave by the way !!)
Posted by: bobbyturtle, April 22, 2015, 1:43pm; Reply: 11
Good Luck to them both utm
Posted by: cardiffmariner, April 22, 2015, 1:59pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Abdul19

There's a certain irony to Tony Richardson's final comment...
Posted by: Abdul19, April 22, 2015, 2:56pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from acko338

Good job he wasn'r working for Conoco at the time, or we would be in a new stadium at their unexpected cost, not just a million for naming the stadium at the time !!

Anyone else still got their baseball caps from the ensuing promotions at the time ???? - use mine against rare sunny days on my allotment !! (Not Peaksfield Ave by the way !!)

Don't you mean it's a shame he wasn't working for Conoco at the time? ;) It's scary stuff though, never knew it was so easy to pass yourself off as someone else! (or maybe it's not these days?)

Mine's still kicking about somewhere, I vowed not to get rid of it until a new stadium appeared!
Posted by: AdamHaddock, April 22, 2015, 3:58pm; Reply: 14
Well done to them. Hope they take their chance when it comes
Posted by: cannylad68, April 22, 2015, 4:13pm; Reply: 15
Unfortunately they won't get a chance under Hurst's leadership.

And Big Chris, if you say they have to prove themselves, how can they if not given the chance?
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 7:05pm