Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: moosey_club, April 18, 2015, 2:30pm
according to Mr Hurst.   I think there may be 3000 people who disagree with that but hey....you are in charge.
Quoting Newport against us from the other season as evidence as momentum means nothing.....well....pretty sure that was more of a B team match Paul which we played prior to the play off legs.

Also said if we won the next two games 5-0 he would be worried we had used our goals up before we really needed them !!

Inspiring Paul...really fking inspiring.

Please prove me wrong this time around.
Posted by: Garth, April 18, 2015, 2:35pm; Reply: 1
Reverse siecology(cause I can`t spell ;)) he`s trying to take the pressure out of winning at Southport, we will win both of our remaining games
Posted by: Hagrid, April 18, 2015, 2:37pm; Reply: 2
Cambridge lost 5 in a row i think before last years play offs. They won it
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 18, 2015, 3:11pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from moosey_club

Quoting Newport against us from the other season as evidence as momentum means nothing.....well....pretty sure that was more of a B team match Paul which we played prior to the play off legs.  

And so keeping momentum wasn't important to them.
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 18, 2015, 3:16pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from moosey_club
according to Mr Hurst.   I think there may be 3000 people who disagree with that but hey....you are in charge.

Also said if we won the next two games 5-0 he would be worried we had used our goals up before we really needed them !!

Inspiring Paul...really fking inspiring.

Please prove me wrong this time around.

That might explain some of LJL's misses. He may be under instruction not to use up his 'goals' !!πŸ˜‰
Posted by: ackomariner, April 18, 2015, 3:54pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Civvy at last

That might explain some of LJL's misses. He may be under instruction not to use up his 'goals' !!πŸ˜‰

;D
Posted by: moosey_club, April 18, 2015, 4:12pm; Reply: 6
mmmmmm.......2 goals for the team who havnt scored in 4/5 games...way to go.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 18, 2015, 4:14pm; Reply: 7
We have consistency and momentum: a losing momentum.  
Posted by: Civvy at last, April 18, 2015, 4:26pm; Reply: 8
Radio hullberside have latched on. And taking the p1ss.
They are trying to get through the game without mentioning the 'M' wordπŸ˜ƒ
Posted by: Perkins, April 18, 2015, 5:38pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Hagrid
Cambridge lost 5 in a row i think before last years play offs. They won it

Cambridge were the best side in the division last season, we are not the best side in the division this.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 18, 2015, 5:43pm; Reply: 10
I listened to him say that and tbh I thought are you for real.... No ifs or buts if we don't win the play offs I won't him gone
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 18, 2015, 5:46pm; Reply: 11
Want him gone ... Big paws on mobile phone  :)
Posted by: Maringer, April 18, 2015, 5:50pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Perkins

Cambridge were the best side in the division last season, we are not the best side in the division this.

Is that why they finished 19 points behind Luton?

(blink2)(blink(1))

Looking at the table, it looks as though we're the 3rd best side in the division this season.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, April 18, 2015, 5:55pm; Reply: 13
One defeat in twelve - obviously we are completely falling apart...
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 18, 2015, 5:58pm; Reply: 14
There have been attempts to study whether momentum exists in sport. Although it's very difficult to define exactly what momentum is and would look like, the general consensus of those studies is that it does NOT exist. Winning & losing streaks happen but they do not alter the chances of winning the next game.
Posted by: biggles9999, April 18, 2015, 6:00pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Perkins

If they were the best side in the division, why didn't they win the league?
Posted by: Perkins, April 18, 2015, 6:23pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from biggles9999

If they were the best side in the division, why didn't they win the league?

Point totally missed, the best side in a division doesn't necessarily win the league, the side that attains most points does, but it doesn't make them the best side. Ok, Cambridge petered out a bit toward the end, understandable with all the cup games they had to play, but IMO they were the best side I saw in the conference that season. And , Luton never beat them.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 18, 2015, 6:29pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Perkins

the best side in a division doesn't necessarily win the league, the side that attains most points does, but it doesn't make them the best side.

Well, actually...
Posted by: chaos33, April 18, 2015, 6:40pm; Reply: 18
Luton won the league. They were the best team.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, April 18, 2015, 7:22pm; Reply: 19
The best 2 teams got promoted last year if the best 2 teams get promoted this year I'm not sure we will be saying goodbye to the vanorama  :-/
Posted by: Marinerz93, April 18, 2015, 7:39pm; Reply: 20
Momentum is important because without it you are basically winging it.  It's key for a host of reasons of proof;

It proves your methodology does work,
it proves your belief in players coming good,
it proves to the neigh sayers your big decisions are right,
it proves you are not winging and making it up as you go along

We had a good run against some decent teams but when it mattered, the players and Hurst have been found wanting.  

Can they raise their game and make the final, can they win at Wembley, the players and Hurst have those three games to prove themselves.  

Momentum would give us that belief, momentum is important Mr Hurst.
Posted by: biggles9999, April 19, 2015, 2:53pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Perkins

Point totally missed, the best side in a division doesn't necessarily win the league, the side that attains most points does, but it doesn't make them the best side. Ok, Cambridge petered out a bit toward the end, understandable with all the cup games they had to play, but IMO they were the best side I saw in the conference that season. And , Luton never beat them.

The best team in the league doesn't finish 19 points off the top of the table, with 30 fewer goals scored and the same amount conceded as Luton.

Also for the record your comment about them only petering out because of cup games. Luton played 53 games last season, Cambridge played 61 - with 3 of those in the playoffs so they only played 5 more games in the regular season.

They may have given the best performances in the games you saw, but that doesn't make them the best team.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 5:55am