Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, April 16, 2015, 6:17pm
One would assume it'll be him who will come in at RB and magnay moves to LB. Big oppurtunity for him, and dont think he'll let us down, as others have said, he's a better RB than he is in midfield, and tbh he hasnt ever let us down! Big blow about robertson though
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, April 16, 2015, 6:29pm; Reply: 1
we could always have a go at 3-4-3 for the last couple of games to really annoy everyone. And drop Magnay to accommodate it

3 excellent central defenders in Gowling Pearson and Nsiala. It would mean putting Parslow in midfield with Disley Arnold and Mackreth, then Pittman, John-Lewis and Palmer up front
Posted by: livosnose, April 16, 2015, 7:30pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Hagrid
One would assume it'll be him who will come in at RB and magnay moves to LB. Big oppurtunity for him, and dont think he'll let us down, as others have said, he's a better RB than he is in midfield, and tbh he hasnt ever let us down! Big blow about robertson though

Altringham away ....he lost us two points ....

Posted by: oldun, April 16, 2015, 7:31pm; Reply: 3
Parsley (Parslow) gives me nightmares
Posted by: BIGChris, April 16, 2015, 7:45pm; Reply: 4
Think we have lost one league game with Parslow starting at right back.

Must be shocking :o
Posted by: Garth, April 16, 2015, 8:06pm; Reply: 5
Parslow`s OK, if played he won`t let us down
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 16, 2015, 8:24pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from BIGChris
Think we have lost one league game with Parslow starting at right back.

Must be shocking :o

How many games has he started at right back Chris ?
Posted by: SamTheMariner, April 16, 2015, 9:35pm; Reply: 7
Solid, steady, dependable. Under rated as he is no good going forward but he won't worry me at right back, I'd be concerned at him playing centre half, hopefully that won't be an issue.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 16, 2015, 9:39pm; Reply: 8
Decent player still quick for his age defiantly not great going forward but can tackle and has the experience of playing in a play off campaign with York.

Though I do like 3 at the back for the last coupe of games, out of interest he could do that with Growling and Shaun as well.

Posted by: Abdul19, April 16, 2015, 9:48pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
we could always have a go at 3-4-3 for the last couple of games to really annoy everyone. And drop Magnay to accommodate it

3 excellent central defenders in Gowling Pearson and Nsiala. It would mean putting Parslow in midfield with Disley Arnold and Mackreth, then Pittman, John-Lewis and Palmer up front

I doubt Nsiala will play the last 2 games (13 yellows and all that)
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 16, 2015, 9:52pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from livosnose

Altringham away ....he lost us two points ....

I can't remember us playing Altringham this season.  ;)
Posted by: SamTheMariner, April 16, 2015, 10:12pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Decent player still quick for his age defiantly not great going forward but can tackle and has the experience of playing in a play off campaign with York.

Though I do like 3 at the back for the last coupe of games, out of interest he could do that with Growling and Shaun as well.

A "Liverpool style" formation

Mckeown (Mignolet)

Gowling (Can),  Pearson (Skrtel),   Toto (Sakho)

MacKreth (Markovic)    Disley (Stevie G)   Clay  (Henderson)     Arnold   (Moreno)

Pittman (Raheem Sterling),      Palmer (Sturridge)     Lenny  (Coutinho)

Apart from Coutinho being played by Lenny it's pretty accurate. MacKreth is as quick as Markovic and Diz is old like Stevie G.

I can just imagine Ollie Palmer running riot at lightning pace past anybody.

Toto is about as good on the ball as Sakho.

Waht do you think?
Posted by: ackomariner, April 16, 2015, 10:17pm; Reply: 12
Just play bignot at right back.....job done

Leave parslow off the pitch....he's a liability
Posted by: SamTheMariner, April 16, 2015, 11:13pm; Reply: 13
At least my team doesn't include Parslow, acko! Nor Magnay.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, April 17, 2015, 12:22am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Abdul19

yep
Posted by: bobbyturtle, April 17, 2015, 12:22am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Abdul19

yep
Posted by: mariner91, April 17, 2015, 8:38am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Abdul19

Wasn't the yellow card amnesty on Sunday?
Posted by: BIGChris, April 17, 2015, 8:58am; Reply: 17
Quoted from mariner91

Wasn't the yellow card amnesty on Sunday?

I think that amnesty related to the 10 caution suspension NOT the 15 one too
Posted by: fiveallive, April 17, 2015, 2:10pm; Reply: 18
Lenny (Coutinho) i wish lenny was as good as Coutinho.
Posted by: fiveallive, April 17, 2015, 2:15pm; Reply: 19
I don't see the problem with Parslow playing RB, i don't understand the negativity surrounding him he come on against Chester and we conceaded the goals but that was the system we played we was lucky for a few games with that formation of Parslow holding. He was a big help to us with Aswad injured and Magnay playing LB and has covered many positions for us.

We can't have Bignot playing RB the guy is utter awful in my opinion.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, April 17, 2015, 2:40pm; Reply: 20
Toto right back. Howling and Pearson centre backs , Magnay left back.

Defence sorted for play offs. NO parslow needed.

Posted by: grimsby pete, April 17, 2015, 6:27pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Toto right back. Howling and Pearson centre backs , Magnay left back.

Defence sorted for play offs. NO parslow needed.

Hurst will look at what the strongest team will be,

Either make 3 changes for the above defence,

Or 2 changes with Parslow at right back and Magnay moving to left back,

Then take into account Gowling is a better player than Parslow,

AND

Hurst has a headache.
Posted by: ska face, April 21, 2015, 10:55am; Reply: 22
Having seen Parslow and Bignot in at right back on Saturday, it's a no-brainier for me: Toto RB, Gowling & Pearson CB, Magnay LB.

Toto may have a mistake in him every now and again, but 9 times out of 10 he has the pace to make amends. Parslow doesn't and if we get to Wembley, I reckon his lack of pace will get shown up on that huge pitch. Remember Hatton (IIRC) getting roasted by Cieselwicz against Wrexham? His distribution is also better and would offer a greater threaten the opposition box.

I know which way Hurst'll be leaning though.
Posted by: oldun, April 21, 2015, 12:14pm; Reply: 23
We might see Walker play there on Sat
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 23, 2015, 1:21pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from ska face
Having seen Parslow and Bignot in at right back on Saturday, it's a no-brainier for me: Toto RB, Gowling & Pearson CB, Magnay LB.

Toto may have a mistake in him every now and again, but 9 times out of 10 he has the pace to make amends. Parslow doesn't and if we get to Wembley, I reckon his lack of pace will get shown up on that huge pitch. Remember Hatton (IIRC) getting roasted by Cieselwicz against Wrexham? His distribution is also better and would offer a greater threaten the opposition box.

I wondered how big it actually was as I'd read somewhere before it's not quite as big as it looks

From Google / Wiki etc it shows

Wembley pitch size is 115 yds long by 75 yds wide

Blundell Park in comparison is 111yds by 75 yds

So not too much in it although if you have a fast tricky winger who can push the ball past you and then beat you for pace in the additional two yards of space then you could have some problems
Posted by: gobby, April 23, 2015, 6:45pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from ska face

Why risk Toto playing out of position when he is still close to 3 games suspension for 15 Cautions?  8)
UTMM
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 8:25am