Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 14, 2015, 4:07pm
Toto's interview in the Tellywag states 'maybe nerves got the better of us against Wrexham'.

Well, pardon me for stating the bleeding obvious, but God help us if we get to Wembley.
Posted by: Maringer, April 14, 2015, 4:35pm; Reply: 1
Not sure my nerves will be able to take it if we get through to Wembley!   ??)
Posted by: Garth, April 14, 2015, 5:00pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Maringer
Not sure my nerves will be able to take it if we get through to Wembley!   ??)

You would have to be there though because listening to JT would finish you off
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 14, 2015, 5:05pm; Reply: 3
Wrexham was not exactly a big crowd or a critical game. I would have thought that a 9 match unbeaten run would have given the players more confidence and eased any nerves?

We only had an outside chance of automatic promotion as well.  Barnet and Bristol Rovers seem to be handlihg their nerves well and both got early goals last Sat. They are both under more pressure to finish top.
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, April 14, 2015, 5:25pm; Reply: 4
I feel sick at the though of getting to Wembley!! Of course I want more than anything else for us to get to the Final.
Posted by: Rick12, April 14, 2015, 5:36pm; Reply: 5
Reading about how other athletes cope and they sometimes use that nervous energy to propel them to succeed.I understand everyone is human and we all suffer from nerves at somepoint or another but hopefully Hurst ,Toto and the players can learn from this at Wrexham and not choke when  it comes to the play offs
Posted by: devs, April 14, 2015, 5:55pm; Reply: 6
Nerves? Might be something in this
Seems that every time we have had a 'big' game in past 2/3 seasons in front of a 4000+ crowd we don't deliver
Why? Unbeaten in 10... in great form... what's to be nervous about?
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 14, 2015, 5:55pm; Reply: 7
Odd thing to say, TBH it just sounds like he's searching for a reason for what was just a really poor performance.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 14, 2015, 8:14pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from devs
Nerves? Might be something in this
Seems that every time we have had a 'big' game in past 2/3 seasons in front of a 4000+ crowd we don't deliver
Why? Unbeaten in 10... in great form... what's to be nervous about?

Wouldn't say every time to be fair

We got through the nerve barrier in all the FA cup games last season (and but for Aswad maybe we'd have gone even further)

I accept they were "nothing to lose" kind of games and that the league and especially the play offs have their own pressures but imho we can do it IF we all have a positive outlook....from the management to the players to the fans - BELIEVE!!!!   :)
Print page generated: April 18, 2024, 4:24am