Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 14, 2015, 4:02pm
We have won more away league matches to date, than any other team in the top 5 divisions.  This should count for something in the play-offs, if not to at least boost the players' confidence when the chips are down.

IF we get to the Promotion Final, we will have had 2 away cup-finals out of 3 "finals".  This should suit our playing style being as our home form is only average, at best.

Any slight advantage or perceived slight advantage should be grasped.  It might make the difference in the end. Even if we do not know who we will be playing in the final, should we get there.

Do others see this the same way?
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 14, 2015, 4:29pm; Reply: 1
I reckon for the home-leg of the semi-final PH should take the players away to a hotel the night before or maybe just get them all on the coach and drive them around the motorway network for 3 or 4 hours on the day so that it will feel like an away game for them.  :)
Posted by: RoboCod, April 14, 2015, 4:50pm; Reply: 2
Might be easier if us home fans just wear the oppositions colours, boo the Town team and generally make the opponents feel at home.
Posted by: Garth, April 14, 2015, 4:58pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from RoboCod
Might be easier if us home fans just wear the oppositions colours, boo the Town team and generally make the opponents feel at home.

No lets try something different like thinking outside the box and cheering our own team, you never know it could work
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 14, 2015, 5:07pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
We have won more away league matches to date, than any other team in the top 5 divisions.  This should count for something in the play-offs, if not to at least boost the players' confidence when the chips are down.

IF we get to the Promotion Final, we will have had 2 away cup-finals out of 3 "finals".  This should suit our playing style being as our home form is only average, at best.

Any slight advantage or perceived slight advantage should be grasped.  It might make the difference in the end. Even if we do not know who we will be playing in the final, should we get there.

Do others see this the same way?

No

Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 14, 2015, 6:02pm; Reply: 5
Hoping that brizzle go up automatically really. Think they would provide the hardest to beat in either the semi or the final.
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 14, 2015, 6:39pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Hoping that brizzle go up automatically really. Think they would provide the hardest to beat in either the semi or the final.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think that there is any way we could play Brizzle in the Semi-Finals so if they don't go up it could be a Brizzle v Town final!
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 14, 2015, 7:29pm; Reply: 7
Losing 7 homes games is poor for a team near the top, but we've also won 11 and drawn 4 so it's not like we are totally incapable of winning at BP. Our likely opponents in the play offs are either Forest Green or Eastleigh and we beat both of them in the home league games.
Posted by: Neilo83, April 14, 2015, 7:48pm; Reply: 8
Or maybe create an atmosphere that resembles an away day...
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, April 14, 2015, 11:41pm; Reply: 9
I've suggested the Hotel/Coach thing before Les and I think it's a great idea.  At least it gets the players together in a group and they can all arrive at the ground together.  We could make sure there are a few hundred town fans to cheer them off the coach and then create an "away day" type atmosphere by having inflatables, wigs, flags, fancy dress the whole lot.  The fans could help by putting pockets of the noisiest ones in each stand to get the whole place jumping.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 15, 2015, 5:44am; Reply: 10
What I meant les is that they would be a harder match for any team in the semi and potentially us in the final
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 15, 2015, 3:27pm; Reply: 11
We will most likely lose the away leg,

Then when everybody thinks we are out,

We win our home game by enough to get us to Wembley,

Town never cease to amaze us.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, April 15, 2015, 3:39pm; Reply: 12
I hope we get Macc in the semis. Nice and local
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 15, 2015, 4:08pm; Reply: 13
I have a ironic feeling that we will end up with Forest Green the script is written what with their stupid stewards actions I just hope it is it will certainly add something to the atmosphere.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 15, 2015, 5:29pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
I have a ironic feeling that we will end up with Forest Green the script is written what with their stupid stewards actions I just hope it is it will certainly add something to the atmosphere.

Just hope that this time if / when all the travelling Mariners descend on their place, their stewards will play ball...
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 3:50am