Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Yard Dog, April 13, 2015, 10:17pm
As we are the only team guaranteed to be in the play-offs (3rd), best we use the extra time we have over the other teams fighting for the other play-off spots to prepare on and off the pitch.

Hope Barnet and Bristol (1st and 2nd) fight for top spot goes to the last game of the season, as the team missing out will only few days to prepare for the 1st leg on Wednesday 29th April.

The final play-off positions (4th and 5th) will go the last game of the season with the following teams still in with a chance are Forest Green, Macclesfield, Eastleigh, Woking or Halifax.

So we will be away on Thursday 30th April to either Forest Green, Macclesfield, Eastleigh or Woking.  Halifax are outsiders but can only finish 5th.

Off the pitch the club need to make it clear what's required to guarantee a ticket for the home leg of the play-off semi-final well in advance.

After last year when Gateshead informed GTFC a large number of fans would be attending to get the Osmond stand behind the goal (actually only a small number came). We agreed by giving up the Osmond stand and they returned the favour by giving our fans the end behind the goal 4 miles away.

This year GTFC should only allocate the corner of the Osmond Stand (holds around 550) to the away fans. The Osmond Stand behind the goal SHOULD be given to our supporters.
I only care about  GTFC, how many of the teams fighting for the final play-off spots bought more than 100 during the season. Leeds only gave Cardiff 500 tickets (Cardiff fans boycotted the game).
We need to gain every bit of advantage we can get.

UTM

We need to pack the park out (a sell out) with a sea of black and white all around the ground to make it has intimidating atmosphere as possible for the away team
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), April 13, 2015, 10:42pm; Reply: 1
I agree.  What about doing some type of display with pieces of paper and card? Where have all the flags gone from the Barnet game?
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 14, 2015, 11:33am; Reply: 2
The away support for the said teams for the league games at Blundell Park is,

Macclesfield  89     that was on new years day

Forest Green 16

Eastleigh     51

Woking    22

So we  could fit them all in the corner with room to spare.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, April 14, 2015, 11:46pm; Reply: 3
The club might as well just get a load of old T-shirts, flags, and scarves and old stock and leave it in the ground or hand it out to people on their way in.  Encourage ticker tape, bog roll and newspaper confetti.  Bung the away fans in the corner and start selling the Osmond stand from the outset.
Posted by: chaos33, April 15, 2015, 12:07am; Reply: 4
Quoted from The Yard Dog
As we are the only team guaranteed to be in the play-offs (3rd), best we use the extra time we have over the other teams fighting for the other play-off spots to prepare on and off the pitch.

Hope Barnet and Bristol (1st and 2nd) fight for top spot goes to the last game of the season, as the team missing out will only few games to prepare for the 1st leg on Wednesday 29th April.

The final play-off positions (4th and 5th) will go the last game of the season with the following teams still in with a chance are Forest Green, Macclesfield, Eastleigh, Woking or Halifax.

So we will be away on Thursday 30th April to either Forest Green, Macclesfield, Eastleigh or Woking.  Halifax are outsiders but can only finish 5th.

Off the pitch the club need to make it clear what's required to guarantee a ticket for the home leg of the play-off semi-final well in advance.

After last year when Gateshead informed GTFC a large number of fans would be attending to get the Osmond stand behind the goal (actually only a small number came). We agreed by giving up the Osmond stand and they returned the favour by giving our fans the end behind the goal 4 miles away.

This year GTFC should only allocate the corner of the Osmond Stand (holds around 550) to the away fans. The Osmond Stand behind the goal SHOULD be given to our supporters.
I only care about  GTFC, how many of the teams fighting for the final play-off spots bought more than 100 during the season. Leeds only gave Cardiff 500 tickets (Cardiff fans boycotted the game).
We need to gain every bit of advantage we can get.

UTM

We need to pack the park out (a sell out) with a sea of black and white all around the ground to make it has intimidating atmosphere as possible for the away team

That all sounds easy to agree with on the face of it, but some aspects could be a little bit more complicated in reality.

Take the idea of giving the play off semi visitors 550 tickets only. That might be fair enough if it's Eastleigh or even FGR or Woking, but Macc might want more than that. If we say 'tough' in that instance, we wouldn't be able to complain if any of those teams gave us a similar amount when we go away. I'd estimate that we'd want at least twice as many for Eastleigh or FGR, and perhaps more than 4 times as many if it's Macc. Surely we'll have to try to gauge demand from the visitors before we release details of ticketing, although obviously, you'd hope that clubs would play straighter than Gateshead did last year.
I agree though - Town fans in the Osmond if poss would be great. I think, if we said, 'you can only have max 550 tickets', we couldn't complain if they did the same to us.
It's not in any opponent's interests to enable us to gain a competitive advantage from filling four fifths of the stadium with our own supporters when they can prevent that by over inflating actual demand from their own supporters (like Gateshead did).
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), April 15, 2015, 7:10am; Reply: 5
Quoted from chaos33

I agree though - Town fans in the Osmond if poss would be great. I think, if we said, 'you can only have max 550 tickets', we couldn't complain if they did the same to us.
It's not in any opponent's interests to enable us to gain a competitive advantage from filling four fifths of the stadium with our own supporters when they can prevent that by over inflating actual demand from their own supporters (like Gateshead did).

I'm sure if you would explain the layout of the Osmond to one of the play-off clubs then they would understand. Hopefully the club will send the tickets for the Osmond corner and state that if they sell out their first allocation of 550 before a certain date then they will be given more but if not then the tickets will be given to Grimsby fans. I would be surprised if Eastleigh/ Forest Green did bring 500+
Posted by: pizzzza, April 15, 2015, 8:21am; Reply: 6
Dear all who have commented,

Please don't waste your time worrying about ticket allocations for away fans. It's a trivial matter which will be dealt with by the club in whichever way they see fit. It's only a short life, go enjoy it.

Warmest regards
Pizzzza
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 15, 2015, 9:09am; Reply: 7
I think Carl Magnay makes a decent point in today's paper, that maybe, in a way, it's good that we have these 2 games to prepare.

We were always the outsiders of the top 3 to win the league but if we had taken it down to the last game of the season and missed out, then players and fans alike would be devastated with little time to prepare for the first play-off game.

At least now we know it's the play-offs the players have time to get the disappointment of missing out on the title out of their system and be ready to go for the first play-off game.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, April 15, 2015, 4:12pm; Reply: 8
For the home leg we need to create carnival atmosphere, like at the recent away games.
Inflatable at the Barnet
Wigs at Woking
Jester at Chester
Fancy Dress at Alfreton

So for the home leg lets have a mixture of the above, or anything else black and white scarfs, flags, rattles, harry haddocks etc

Common on UTM
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 12:46pm