Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fishheadphil, April 11, 2015, 9:09pm
Is it just me or does anyone else detest the place? Its just there to rip the fans off IMO, £5 for a hotdog £6 for a beer, . even if we manage to make it there why can't we have the final at a big ground nearer to both sets of fans I.e villa park or old Trafford? I suspect the f.a are still trying to pay for the dump.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 11, 2015, 9:14pm; Reply: 1
That dump is probably the greatest stadium in the world.

[IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/24bsuf9.jpg[/IMG]
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 11, 2015, 9:17pm; Reply: 2
Good stadium when full or nearly full. Crap when under 40,000.
Posted by: fishheadphil, April 11, 2015, 9:23pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

No atmosphere though eh m8?  I've been in the allianz to see Bayern v Dortmund and Wembley will never beat that ever. Its a soulless cash cow designed from start to finish to rip the fan off,  the only one worse is the emirates at £80 a game.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 11, 2015, 9:54pm; Reply: 4
Dont like it, built in a stupid place and as you walk up Wembley way it looks like a 60s built concrete multistory car park/office block ala being torn down in redevelopments in cities all round the country. Insides alright but not a touch on millenium stadium in Cardiff.
Posted by: lobsterpot, April 12, 2015, 9:00am; Reply: 5
Well this is a strange 1!!! I love Wembley stadium. Why wouldnt i? Its my national stadium and the place of cup finals. Agreed for medeocre England qualifiers and low ttended games the atmosphere is $hite but thats hardly the stadiums fault is it? Also, the Emirates is quite possibly the best ground ive ever been to and the atmosphere was superb! Ans that includes Kamp Nou! Too many exclamation marks here i am just astounded!!!
Posted by: gary_elton, April 12, 2015, 9:03am; Reply: 6
just sell tickets for opposite the side which houses the cameras , and the lower tiers
at each end of Wembley and hey presto... it looks full.....   ;)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 12, 2015, 9:28am; Reply: 7
They do that anyway I would like it better if we turn up for once and make a game of it lol.
The stadium is magnificent love the concourse but miss the twin towers

If  and after yesterday it's a big IF we get there even against Brizzle it will be well short of capacity a decent sized midland ground would do say Villa or Wolves.
Posted by: Hagrid, April 12, 2015, 9:29am; Reply: 8
Emirates for me was incredible atmosphere too! Probably the best stadium/atmosphere ive been too was Holland V Serbia in world cup 06 in the zentralstadion in leipzig, it was jaw dropping
Posted by: Rick12, April 12, 2015, 9:35am; Reply: 9
For me Wembley is a impressive place.Its a lot better than it use to be especially with all the development done around it.Think though food prices are a rip off but thats at most venues not just wembley
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 12, 2015, 9:46am; Reply: 10
Food prices at Wembley are for fools to pay.

I eat and drink en route to and from the game but then again I am super human I can go a full 90 mins without food and drink lol
Posted by: WokingMariner, April 12, 2015, 9:54am; Reply: 11
Don't buy hotdogs and beers, nobody is making you! It's a definite improvement on most of the grounds on our annual circuit. Let's hope we have 49 league games this season instead if 48!
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 12, 2015, 11:15am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Food prices at Wembley are for fools to pay.

I eat and drink en route to and from the game but then again I am super human I can go a full 90 mins without food and drink lol

Agreed, last time we were there I parked at Gerrards Cross the 3 of us had a lovely 2 course lunch with drinks for a total £35 in an Italian restaurant then 10 min train ride to Wembley Station for £3 each, not a penny spent in or around the ground.
Posted by: Marinerz93, April 12, 2015, 11:37am; Reply: 13
I love that we have a world class stadium but for me it is in the wrong place.  It should be on the northern outskirts of that there London, possibly just before the A1 ends.
Posted by: grimps, April 12, 2015, 11:46am; Reply: 14
Has anyone else noticed that in 98 when we won twice we was to the left of the old royal box , the other two times we've played there we have been to the right and lost 😐
Posted by: Rick12, April 12, 2015, 12:02pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from promotion plaice

Love the place but feel the Nou Camp may be better
Posted by: friskneymariner, April 12, 2015, 12:05pm; Reply: 16
Don't agree with policy of having to but tickets through Ticketmaster
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, April 12, 2015, 12:11pm; Reply: 17
Old Wembley was better !

And I thought Old Old Wembley (with standing) was even better!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 12, 2015, 6:59pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from friskneymariner
Don't agree with policy of having to but tickets through Ticketmaster

Agree with you

What's wrong with allowing the participating clubs to sort out sales themselves rather than being obliged to have ticket distribution via a third party whose only remit is to rip fans off even more than is the case already for games staged at Wembley
Posted by: Abdul19, April 12, 2015, 7:26pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from fishheadphil
I suspect the f.a are still trying to pay for the dump.

You could be onto something there!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 12, 2015, 7:30pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from grimps
Has anyone else noticed that in 98 when we won twice we was to the left of the old royal box , the other two times we've played there we have been to the right and lost 😐

Thought we were to the right! I was sat around the 18 yard line for both games and the 39 Steps etc were to our left. Which by my reckoning puts us on the right of the royal box - unless you go the full circuit the other way!

But we were at the opposite end to the last two occasions.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, April 12, 2015, 7:32pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Abdul19

You could be onto something there!

Must have an inside source to be getting that kind of info.
Posted by: mimma, April 12, 2015, 7:35pm; Reply: 22
Went to see Muse at the Ricoh Arena, £22 to park in the stadium car park, no parking anywhere around the stadium!

Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 3:02pm