Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 10, 2015, 5:54pm

....................At this rate the new stadium will have the to be built near York. ;D ;D
Posted by: chaos33, April 10, 2015, 6:08pm; Reply: 1
Must be quite a few of us in the York area.
Posted by: LH, April 10, 2015, 6:19pm; Reply: 2
Dirty Yorkshire illegitimates! ;)
Posted by: sutton mariner, April 10, 2015, 6:40pm; Reply: 3
York York York
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, April 10, 2015, 6:44pm; Reply: 4
You have a bloody Southerner as one so he doesn't count.....! ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 10, 2015, 6:50pm; Reply: 5
At least 6 Fishy members and a junior member in waiting.

My mate who lives in York is coming over too with his 7 year old son. (He's a member on here but doesn't post very often)
Posted by: Teesknees, April 10, 2015, 7:50pm; Reply: 6
There must be fishy members from all over that travel.... don't think York is an exception!
Posted by: chaos33, April 10, 2015, 8:00pm; Reply: 7
Don't think anyone is saying it is an exception are they? It's just an interesting quirk that Town (and the fishy) are well represented in York and North Yorkshire.
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 10, 2015, 8:12pm; Reply: 8
I am from Hull and a yorkie and i  used to follow the tigers at Boothferry Park when i was a kid but now GTFC is the only team for me and has been for over thirty years.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 10, 2015, 9:32pm; Reply: 9
As I said, enough increasing numbers in the York area to build the new stadium there. ;)

Teesknees:  I do not understand your negative comment (and exclamation mark) about a matter of fact.  Why the hostility?  Is there something we should know?
Posted by: gary_elton, April 10, 2015, 10:31pm; Reply: 10
Must only be around 1,500 from the Town itself attend matches....  all these exiles...   ;)
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 10, 2015, 10:42pm; Reply: 11
I mentioned at the start of last season, an exiled mariner car badge. Maybe give one free with orders of town shirts posted outside the catchment area??
Posted by: lobsterpot, April 11, 2015, 6:35am; Reply: 12
Yeah great idea nob ed especially if you live in Scunny or Millwall and happen to work at a window replacement company :)
Posted by: Paris Mariner, April 11, 2015, 10:43am; Reply: 13
At what point to you count as an exile? If you're from Skeg, Louth, Horncastle, Brigg etc and support Town are you an exile? Because, as Gary Elton says, a good proportion of our home support every week must travel 10 miles plus just for a home game. There can't be too many clubs at our level like that. Lincolnshire in general must be an exception on that front because it must be the same for Lincoln, Scunny and Boston. As an Ingoldmells native, I fall into that category from Town and Boston.
Posted by: sutton mariner, April 11, 2015, 11:38am; Reply: 14
Think Teesknees must have given up on York when he saw the queue at Betty's.
Posted by: wigworld, April 11, 2015, 12:17pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Paris Mariner
At what point to you count as an exile? If you're from Skeg, Louth, Horncastle, Brigg etc and support Town are you an exile? Because, as Gary Elton says, a good proportion of our home support every week must travel 10 miles plus just for a home game. There can't be too many clubs at our level like that. Lincolnshire in general must be an exception on that front because it must be the same for Lincoln, Scunny and Boston. As an Ingoldmells native, I fall into that category from Town and Boston.

I reckon you count as an exile if there's another significant team closer to where you live than Grimsby Town. So, Louth and Skegness  wouldn't count as exiles, but if you live in Beverley (for example), you would count as an exile because you fall into the Mudrats catchment (even though it probably takes less time to get from Beverley to BP than Skegness to BP).

Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 3:01pm