Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 8, 2015, 9:10am
Jamie Chandler is an all-action player for Gateshead, who always gives 100% commitment. As it did last Sat when still only half fit.  Someone said that he took off a bandage after 10 mins (their no 4) and threw it away.   I think that he would fit in well at Grimsby next season, whatever division we are in.  

A Gateshead mate said in an email yesterday:
"He's a cult hero at the club. Been at the club for a while now. Mills doesn't seem to rate him but the supporters adore him. One of those players who always gives everything. He is only getting a game due to injuries".

Could he be another steal like Magnay?  Particularly, if the manager does not rate him?
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 8, 2015, 9:17am; Reply: 1
Tony Gray at Telford could be another signing if we are still down here ( but we wont be )  :)

He has scored 18 goals in a team that is going down,

He was 31 the other day but a season at the other end of the league might appeal to him.
Posted by: acko338, April 8, 2015, 11:16am; Reply: 2
I would like to see Gowling as a permanent signing for next season, in whichever league - very competent, slotted in as if he had been there all year !

Might see more defender goals from set pieces if the ball can reach the middle of the box at height....... please ??????? Anyone ...????? can no one kick a dead ball properly at the club ????
Posted by: grimps, April 8, 2015, 11:20am; Reply: 3
Who was that Pineapple head that played for Gateshead ? He'd be a good signing for us
Posted by: Hagrid, April 8, 2015, 11:22am; Reply: 4
chandlers an absolute sharp object, but a good player
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 8, 2015, 11:30am; Reply: 5
Quoted from grimps
Who was that Pineapple head that played for Gateshead ? He'd be a good signing for us

Kevin Saint-Luke but has a poor scoring record although he looked good on saturday, maybe he has found his level in the conference.

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/squad/forwards
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 8, 2015, 12:04pm; Reply: 6
I'd welcome Chandler here. Always looked decent to me.
Posted by: fiveallive, April 8, 2015, 12:08pm; Reply: 7
Jamie Chandler would be a good signing, high energy levels, gets stuck in, he also has a tendency to get sent off. He is a good player who Magnay kept from getting sent off on Saturday when he lost it he does it a lot here he got sent off here when he was with Darlington.
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 8, 2015, 12:18pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from grimps

Kevin Saint-Luce, only 21 but a bit of a chequered past according to his wiki page.

Quoted Text
However, despite showing promise for "The Bluebirds" the 19-year–old had his contract terminated on 29 January 2013 following an incident in which he was found guilty of assaulting two girls in a Cardiff nightclub. Sainte-Luce avoided a six–month prison sentence but was ordered to pay £1,250 compensation to the girls, given a 180-hour community service order and handed a 10–week 8pm–6am curfew for the unprovoked attack.

Posted by: fiveallive, April 8, 2015, 3:52pm; Reply: 9
Kevin Saint-Luce i don't think that would stop the club going in for at the end of the season if we wanted to he looked good but players pick up their game to play us can he do it at a constant level he was the difference Saturday all 4 goals where good Alex Rodman did his trademark run the full length off the pitch and created the goal the 2nd Saint-Luce cracked it in ours where good aswell Jack Mackreth screamer and his great cross for the Disley header Scott Neilson he assaulted a taxi driver and we signed him twice.
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 8, 2015, 4:14pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from fiveallive
Kevin Saint-Luce i don't think that would stop the club going in for at the end of the season if we wanted to he looked good but players pick up their game to play us can he do it at a constant level he was the difference Saturday all 4 goals where good Alex Rodman did his trademark run the full length off the pitch and created the goal the 2nd Saint-Luce cracked it in ours where good aswell Jack Mackreth screamer and his great cross for the Disley header Scott Neilson he assaulted a taxi driver and we signed him twice.

I'm not saying we shouldn't sign him just because of that, we've had plenty of "bad boys" in the team over the years. I was just pointing the fact out.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 8, 2015, 7:29pm; Reply: 11
But all the same, a good point to raise Les. Sooner or later these bad boys go off the rails, cause disruption in the squad, get homesick or whatever.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 8, 2015, 7:29pm; Reply: 12
Besides, he's a Wimbledon reject!
Posted by: BIGChris, April 8, 2015, 7:33pm; Reply: 13
Can't say I'd be excited if any of the names mentioned on this thread signed for us. We should be aiming much higher IMO
Posted by: chaos33, April 8, 2015, 7:54pm; Reply: 14
I agree. I think Chandler might like to sign for us - that's a different matter.
Posted by: oldun, April 8, 2015, 8:00pm; Reply: 15
I cannot believe we are even discussing this guy. We can and will do better. In PH we trust.
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 9, 2015, 3:26pm; Reply: 16
Agreed.

I wouldn't want anyone from the Gateshead team regardless of what league we're in.  I think we stole their diamond in Magnay.  

Whatever league we're in we should be looking to keep the vast majority of this squad together with a few quality additions in key areas.  Within that I mean making Arnold, Palmer and Gowling permanent additions too).

New back up goalkeeper (just don't like McKeown not having competition)
New left back (Robertson has done very well but not sure he's a long term solution).
New back central midfielder (be that to replace Brown or Paddy, even both)
New utility man across the back (Parslow, see reason for Robertson).
New left winger (I don't think Jolley is as bad as some make out but I'd like to see an improvement down that flank).
New back up striker (Ross Hannah - maybe a young lad on loan?)

That's about it I think.  
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 9, 2015, 4:24pm; Reply: 17
We could do with signing Gowling on a more permanent basis too maybe. I know we have both Parslow or Magnay who can cover centre-half if anything happens to Toto or Shaun but it would be good to have 3 out-and-out centre-halves. The competition would keep the 3 of them on their toes too.
Posted by: ska face, April 9, 2015, 5:11pm; Reply: 18
I've gone off him since he stood at the front of the Pontoon in the 93rd minute last week, blowing kisses at the fans and winding everyone up.

I took a great deal of pleasure in giving him a good round of felicitations just 120 seconds later.
Posted by: wycombemariner, April 11, 2015, 1:31pm; Reply: 19
Gowling in L2? You're having a laugh. Not good enough for this level IMHO
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, April 16, 2015, 1:19am; Reply: 20
Chandler is a quality player for that level, if it wasn't for injuries. He could be playing higher up.

Would love him at Darlo again, you reckon he'd drop down 3 leagues?   :(
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 12:56pm