Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: gytone, April 7, 2015, 9:57pm
Did anyone else see Liam Hearn watching at Alfreton yesterday, was good to see him, he was talking to a few Town players and seemed pleased when some Town fans chanted his name. Got me thinking that a fit Hearn, like the one we had in his first season would've been awesome in this team, I think we perhaps could've been champions already.
Posted by: Peeler_Crab, April 7, 2015, 10:03pm; Reply: 1
Yes, I saw him clapping the Town fans - he got a good ovation from us as we left the ground
Posted by: fishyrich, April 7, 2015, 10:22pm; Reply: 2
YAWN

I saw Peter Bore in Tesco with Danny North, it gave me a lovely warm feeling inside, I thought things could never get any better, then I saw Alan Pouton pushing the trolleys. He was such a good player too, *sighs*

Now I think of it, I saw that Alan Buckley commentating with JT recently...........I wonder
Posted by: gaz57, April 8, 2015, 12:49am; Reply: 3
He was interviewed on RH and said the fans were great and looked forward to playing for us again one day.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, April 8, 2015, 1:22am; Reply: 4
liam hearn is magic........

a bright light in the distant past
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, April 8, 2015, 1:37am; Reply: 5
I once borrowed a copy of PGA Tour Golf for the Megadrive from Gary Childs.
Posted by: acko338, April 8, 2015, 8:28am; Reply: 6
With his track record of injuries, I am guessing that any future contract for Liam with ANY club would have to be pay as you play??

Tragic to suffer so many serious injuries in a short time span, especially at the peak of playing time.
Posted by: Garth, April 8, 2015, 8:52am; Reply: 7
But for his injuries he could have been a big earner with a championship outfit, it's funny how players with little or no ability have long careers and the talented leave the game injured
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, April 8, 2015, 10:09am; Reply: 8
Says he was emotional when our fans clapped him at Alfreton

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/hearn-tips-town-for-success-2383345.aspx
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, April 8, 2015, 10:13am; Reply: 9
shame it didn't end on better terms though...
Posted by: chaos33, April 8, 2015, 10:18am; Reply: 10
Why not just stick that on the existing 'Liam Hearn' thread mate?
Posted by: carp catcher, April 8, 2015, 10:24am; Reply: 11
Quoted from gaz57
He was interviewed on RH and said the fans were great and looked forward to playing for us again one day.

Wouldn't want him back.after the 1st season with us he couldn't wait to leave.and then spent the best part of 2 seasons sat in stands picking up a wage while injured.
Posted by: acko338, April 8, 2015, 10:49am; Reply: 12
THE GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER AWAY FROM BLUNDELL PARK, THEN ??
Posted by: fiveallive, April 8, 2015, 12:14pm; Reply: 13
Liam Hearn said he wanted to leave the season before but we woudn't let him go, so he was a good player in the first season, i have no time for players like Aswad Thomas, Alan Connell and Liam himself who want to leave.

If he leaves Mansfield at the end of the season Alfreton could have a excellent striking pair of Liam Hearn and Ross Hannah lol.
Posted by: Corkyefes, April 8, 2015, 3:04pm; Reply: 14
After his injury record over the last few years, his major desire to leave us after one decent season and him pushing 30 years old ....

We would be daft to touch him with a barge pole.
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 8, 2015, 3:24pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Corkyefes
After his injury record over the last few years, his major desire to leave us after one decent season and him pushing 30 years old ....

We would be daft to touch him with a barge pole.

A barge pole? Who's got a bloody barge pole.  ;D

Posted by: grimsby pete, April 8, 2015, 7:21pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Les Brechin

A barge pole? Who's got a bloody barge pole.  ;D

A bloke who has a barge. 8)
Posted by: moosey_club, April 8, 2015, 7:24pm; Reply: 17
Ungrateful tw@t in my eyes.

Look forward to seeing you back...at half time in about 20 yrs maybe.
Posted by: chaos33, April 8, 2015, 7:55pm; Reply: 18
Lol
Posted by: big al, April 8, 2015, 8:54pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from fishyrich
YAWN

I saw Peter Bore in Tesco with Danny North, it gave me a lovely warm feeling inside, I thought things could never get any better, then I saw Alan Pouton pushing the trolleys. He was such a good player too, *sighs*

Now I think of it, I saw that Alan Buckley commentating with JT recently...........I wonder

there's bitter, then there's bitter.......
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 4:27am