Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 6, 2015, 10:19am
Nsiala is sat on 14 bookings and facing a 3 match ban. Pearson is on 8 and the 10 card amnesty is on Sunday, so if he was booked today and Saturday we would get a 2 match ban. If his 10th was after that he wouldn't get a ban. Nsiala will almost certainly get a ban, but we don't want to risk having both suspended simultaneously. So if Pearson is rested today, that risk would be removed and it would give Gowling a match ahead of him almost certainly deputising for Nsiala later in the season.

Discuss..
Posted by: BIGChris, April 6, 2015, 10:25am; Reply: 1
I thought Toto was on 13?
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 6, 2015, 10:26am; Reply: 2
According to Soccerbase he is on 14?

[url=http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=53085]Toto Nsiala- Soccerbase[/url]
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 6, 2015, 10:35am; Reply: 3
Just checked the FA website's "One Caution Away" and Nsiala isn't listed on 14, so it would appear Soccerbase is wrong. Even so, would it be worth playing it safe and leaving Pearson out today?

Nsiala has 13 cautions from 39 matches. There are 4 regular season league games & potentially 2 legs of the play-off Semi-Final for him to get through without 2 more bookings to avoid a ban this season.

Robertson has also got 9 yellow cards this season according to Soccerbase, but isn't on the FA list. Although he got a 2nd yellow in a game for Northampton so I am guessing that means the first yellow card isn't counted in the totting up process?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, April 6, 2015, 10:36am; Reply: 4
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Nsiala is sat on 14 bookings and facing a 3 match ban. Pearson is on 8 and the 10 card amnesty is on Sunday, so if he was booked today and Saturday we would get a 2 match ban. If his 10th was after that he wouldn't get a ban. Nsiala will almost certainly get a ban, but we don't want to risk having both suspended simultaneously. So if Pearson is rested today, that risk would be removed and it would give Gowling a match ahead of him almost certainly deputising for Nsiala later in the season.

Discuss..

Hope your reading this PH !      

Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 6, 2015, 10:41am; Reply: 5
I don't like to be negative (although I am a Town fan), but if they were both booked today Hurst would be forced to leave Pearson out against Wrexham as there would be a massive risk of Pearson & Nsiala missing the last 2 league games & Nsiala missing the 1st Leg of the Play-offs / the first game in League Two next season.
Posted by: samg, April 6, 2015, 10:44am; Reply: 6
No - we have to go for it - 4 cup finals ahead!
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 6, 2015, 10:55am; Reply: 7
It's the thought of the last 2 cup finals involving Parslow & Gowling at centre back that's the worry though.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 6, 2015, 11:00am; Reply: 8
I think we just have to play them and hope for the best. Surely Pearson can avoid a booking in 1 of the next 2 games. Nsiala is much more of a concern but that's why Gowling is here.
Posted by: samg, April 6, 2015, 11:01am; Reply: 9
Good point and I can understand the concern,but I feel we just have to keep playing our best 11 and hopefully we can get to the finishing line
Posted by: Garth, April 6, 2015, 11:02am; Reply: 10
Magnate would play centre back and Bignot right back stop panicking we have a good enough squad
Posted by: GollyGTFC, April 6, 2015, 11:14am; Reply: 11
Hurst is on record as saying he doesn't like Magnay at centre-back as he's wasted there in this league.
Posted by: sonik, April 6, 2015, 11:26am; Reply: 12
Play your strongest 11 every game and if they get booked so be it. Get in a winning position and maybe tinker with subs but don't rest these players and come unstuck.

UTM!
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 6, 2015, 11:34am; Reply: 13
Gowling is more than an able substitute,

So if Paul thinks it might be best to rest Pearson in one game ant Toto in another,

He will not get any complaints from me,

It would give the two lads a little breather before the play offs,

They might appreciate that.
Posted by: Abdul19, April 6, 2015, 11:41am; Reply: 14
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Just checked the FA website's "One Caution Away" and Nsiala isn't listed on 14, so it would appear Soccerbase is wrong.

Yeah, the 10th was definitely at Macclesfield (cue Parslow and 2 defeats) and they've got it as his 11th.
Posted by: samg, April 6, 2015, 11:41am; Reply: 15
Surely though Pete as a player you would be chomping at the bit to play in possibly the biggest upcoming games of your career so far
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 6, 2015, 12:10pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from samg
Surely though Pete as a player you would be chomping at the bit to play in possibly the biggest upcoming games of your career so far

Of  course I would but the players themselves might appreciate the rest,

Not when Hurst tells them they are not playing,

BUT

When they play the next game and their legs are just  that little bit fresher

I do not expect Hurst to do this though.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 6, 2015, 12:33pm; Reply: 17
The thing is Pearson should never of been booked against Gateshead anyway. :-/
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 6, 2015, 12:36pm; Reply: 18
My main concern is we will lose both during the play offs,

Gowling is good but he can not take both of their places in the team.
Posted by: ginnywings, April 6, 2015, 1:05pm; Reply: 19
First order of business is to win at Alfreton, which will secure a play off spot and keep the title race alive. Then it depends on other results. If the two B's also win, then it's unlikely that we will win the title with only 3 games left to go and needing Barnet to slip twice and Bristol once, with us having to win every game.Then we can start to manage the squad with an eye to the play offs.
Posted by: pontoonlew, April 6, 2015, 1:24pm; Reply: 20
Take the risk. Strongest team until the title is out of reach, why risk the title by dropping a player to keep him fresh or available for play off games we might not even have to play.
Posted by: Abdul19, April 6, 2015, 9:13pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from grimsby pete
My main concern is we will lose both during the play offs,

Gowling is good but he can not take both of their places in the team.

Pearson can only be suspended for the playoffs if he gets sent off.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 2:23am