Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Belfast Town, April 4, 2015, 9:08pm
Definitely had a good sense of nostalgia today, seeing all the fans streaming down Grimsby Road towards the ground. Then with all three sides singing their hearts out, it was great. We're as close as we have ever been to returning to the league. I for one will never ever take league status for granted, if and when we get it back. UTFM
Posted by: chaos33, April 4, 2015, 9:11pm; Reply: 1
I agree. I felt the same. The support today was superb - absolutely befitting a league team. I think if we'd managed to win the game it would have been absolutely unbelievable.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 4, 2015, 9:17pm; Reply: 2
I was relying on the commentary and when we equalised I was pleased (obviously) but only really because it meant we hadn't lost that game. I didn't see it as an important goal in the season because I felt only a win would do.

HOWEVER, since reading the comments on here and the way it has kept the positivity it could be a massive goal. We may fall short of the title but we've kept that belief the we will not lose and shown that we fight to the bitter end. Hopefully it will still be big crowds til the end of the season and one way or another we'll go up! UTM
Posted by: mariner91, April 4, 2015, 9:18pm; Reply: 3
If we'd gone in front when Palmer got through the place would have erupted.
Posted by: Belfast Town, April 4, 2015, 9:27pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from mariner91

It certainly would have!
Posted by: chaos33, April 4, 2015, 9:28pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from mariner91

Exactly what I thought
Posted by: immariner, April 4, 2015, 9:45pm; Reply: 6
Palmer should have squared it. BP would have gone ballistic if he had! I was in the Findus and it felt loud in there. I don't know if the noise reaches the other stands because it's a bit higher up but it made me proud at times!
Posted by: promotion plaice, April 4, 2015, 10:19pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from immariner
Palmer should have squared it. BP would have gone ballistic if he had! I was in the Findus and it felt loud in there. I don't know if the noise reaches the other stands because it's a bit higher up but it made me proud at times!

I was also in the upper findus and the support was brilliant, but the guys in the pontoon stole the show.
Posted by: Tinymariner, April 4, 2015, 10:23pm; Reply: 8
It was great in the Ponny, now and again I love to just stand quietly and take the atmosphere in. It felt great today, so let's go to Alfy and recreate that amazing buzz for the players. UTM
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, April 4, 2015, 10:34pm; Reply: 9
How many were there?
Posted by: carrot top, April 4, 2015, 10:36pm; Reply: 10
Posted by: GiveUsAG, April 5, 2015, 11:26am; Reply: 11
I were in the Pontoon, as always in the left side, and I loved seeing and hearing the findus (upper and lower) and even the main stand, and the whole of the pontoon join in with the chants and songs.

I felt proud to be part of it. Absolutely awesome. I can just imagine what it would have been like had we won.

But, considering the poor refereeing, it feels by not losing, we beat the ref.

I still believe Barnet and Bristol will slip up further, we've proven a few times this season we can win 4 games on the bounce, so the next 4 games are going be rather exciting.  8)
Posted by: Caesar, April 5, 2015, 7:28pm; Reply: 12
Was in the pontoon and it was the best atmosphere I have had there in years. Before the equaliser and after was rocking as much as I can ever recall it doing and was so wonderful to experience.  Hope we have more days like that!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 5, 2015, 8:30pm; Reply: 13
Yeah it did feel like one of THOSE games, if we had got that winner the roof would have lifted off even at the end a rousing chorus of "Mariners" must have been heard half way down freemo. My relation said she could hear the crowd  from one of the big flats I kid you not.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 1:14pm