Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 4, 2015, 6:51pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StIypmC-Pd0
Posted by: barralad, April 4, 2015, 6:55pm; Reply: 1
Even better than it looked live!!
Posted by: bluebottle, April 4, 2015, 7:01pm; Reply: 2
Goal of the season, ? . :)
Posted by: heppy88, April 4, 2015, 7:02pm; Reply: 3
Fantastic goal, one of the best I have ever seen at BP.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 4, 2015, 7:04pm; Reply: 4
Just love that commentator he is town through and through.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 4, 2015, 7:07pm; Reply: 5
Really was a good goal from Jack, it's not the best goal I have witnessed at BP but it's up there with some of the best.
Posted by: mariner91, April 4, 2015, 7:09pm; Reply: 6
I apologise to the young lady who's pie I ended up in during the aftermath of that beauty.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, April 4, 2015, 7:12pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from mariner91
I apologise to the young lady who's pie I ended up in during the aftermath of that beauty.

;D. I dropped me bloody car keys too, it was a great moment when that goal went in, everybody was ecstatic, we was well on top at that moment in the game,
Posted by: sparkles, April 4, 2015, 7:21pm; Reply: 8
I'm just disappointed that none of the footage showed the aftermath and Jacks shorts being transformed into y-fronts!!
Posted by: horsforthmariner, April 4, 2015, 7:29pm; Reply: 9
What a cracker!!!
Posted by: gtfc82, April 4, 2015, 7:39pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Just love that commentator he is town through and through.

He's been commentating for as long as I've been a Town fan, so at least 25 years! It wouldn't be the same without him!
I used to enjoy listening to his co-commentator Roly Godrey. Does anyone know if he's still alive?
Posted by: KK_DOG, April 4, 2015, 7:40pm; Reply: 11
Mighty Mariner goes steaming in to the celebration, then loses his head. Quality.
Posted by: BIGChris, April 4, 2015, 8:16pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from gtfc82

He's been commentating for as long as I've been a Town fan, so at least 25 years! It wouldn't be the same without him!
I used to enjoy listening to his co-commentator Roly Godrey. Does anyone know if he's still alive?

Roly is alive and very well. He is comparing the Mariners Trust evening with Graham Taylor a week on Friday
Posted by: lee65, April 4, 2015, 8:29pm; Reply: 13
To be fair to the ref Jack could easily have got booked for the celebration (in the current stupid climate!)
Posted by: sparko501, April 5, 2015, 12:01am; Reply: 14
Absolutely cracking strike, he deserves it to, he always puts 100% in, just needs a bit more confidence when running at people, like he did today to get his goal, well chuffed for him! He needs to do that more often!
Posted by: immariner, April 5, 2015, 12:04am; Reply: 15
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuET8oHb7vA

An even better video in a way. Real fans' eye view (including post!). Have watched them both a dozen times, I went mental! One of the best strikes I have seen at the park.
Posted by: Grimal, April 5, 2015, 12:11am; Reply: 16
Had to laugh at Ollie during the goal celebrations, he looked like he was going to chase after Jack with the rest of the team to celebrate but for some reason he veered off coarse like an helicopter out of control.All in all a bit of a strange display from Ollie today. Still we all have off days,back to his normal self come monday.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 5, 2015, 12:13am; Reply: 17
All wingers rely on confidence but jacks goal today was superb, they doubled up on him today they know our main threat comes from that side time to even things up bit. Got first glimpse of Chapell on the left wing he looked nippy and helped with the equalizer Thought Hurst did the right thing today maybe Chapp's could be another good signing hope so.
Posted by: aldi_01, April 5, 2015, 9:37am; Reply: 18
Palmer loves it when we score. His reaction often reminds of that of a fan, lots of jumping, arm waving screaming and shouting...
Posted by: rancido, April 5, 2015, 11:15am; Reply: 19
I thought his goal was superb and shows what he is capable of. Unfortunately we don't see enough of this and TBH I have been disappointed in Makreth so far. PH said he had been after him for two seasons and when he came here I was expecting a very lively winger who was prepared to take on defenders. This hasn't been the case on a regular basis. Yesterday was a prime example when he came up against a very mediocre full-back but never pressurised him enough.
Posted by: chicaneuk, April 5, 2015, 11:43am; Reply: 20
Quoted from lee65
To be fair to the ref Jack could easily have got booked for the celebration (in the current stupid climate!)

What I don't understand about that - I've seen our players get booked for celebrating several times at games, yet despite other teams doing the same I've never seen them get booked. It really does feel like the officials have it in for us sometimes.

Regarding Jack's goal though.. there's no other word for it - a total peach. One of the best of the season IMHO.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, April 5, 2015, 2:08pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from BIGChris

Roly is alive and very well. He is comparing the Mariners Trust evening with Graham Taylor a week on Friday

I've been wondering what had happened to Roly and I'm delighted to hear that he's well and still around the club.  He and John Moore had a great double act on commentary over the years and Roly came up with some memorable quotes that bring back great memories for lots of us.
Posted by: grimps, April 5, 2015, 2:33pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from HackneyHaddock

I've been wondering what had happened to Roly and I'm delighted to hear that he's well and still around the club.  He and John Moore had a great double act on commentary over the years and Roly came up with some memorable quotes that bring back great memories for lots of us.

As Roly might have said '' You will not see a better goal anywhere ever ''  ;)
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, April 5, 2015, 3:20pm; Reply: 23
You will not see a better goal on any football pitch anywhere in the world.  Ever.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 5, 2015, 10:27pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from rancido
I thought his goal was superb and shows what he is capable of. Unfortunately we don't see enough of this and TBH I have been disappointed in Makreth so far. PH said he had been after him for two seasons and when he came here I was expecting a very lively winger who was prepared to take on defenders. This hasn't been the case on a regular basis. Yesterday was a prime example when he came up against a very mediocre full-back but never pressurised him enough.

I would agree with that, in fact up to his goal I didn't think he did that much, but after I thought that is the sort of display I was expecting most weeks considering how many on here lauded his signing.
Print page generated: April 20, 2024, 5:30pm