Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Kymariner12, April 4, 2015, 5:06pm
Yes we would have liked another win but we fought to the end and a very important point it could prove to be. Bristol away at Kidderminster isn't easy and Dartford are fighting for their lives. We'll definitely have to win the last 4 now but it's possible, good luck to the team going forward. Haven't got a ticket for Monday so gonna stand in the home end!
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 4, 2015, 5:10pm; Reply: 1
Its never over until its over.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 4, 2015, 5:10pm; Reply: 2
Disagree, Barnet will win at least 3 games, playoffs it is, but I feel we will have a chance if the home leg is played behind closed doors :-/
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 4, 2015, 5:15pm; Reply: 3
Looking at the stats on BBC the Barnet game was very even, I suppose the difference is they have a striker who scores on a very regular basis.
Posted by: sutton mariner, April 4, 2015, 5:16pm; Reply: 4
Outside chance now, win all 3 and I reckon we have a 30/70 chance of the title. If not we go into the play offs on good form.

common townnnnn
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 4, 2015, 5:26pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Disagree, Barnet will win at least 3 games, playoffs it is, but I feel we will have a chance if the home leg is played behind closed doors :-/

No I won't have that Blundell Park was rocking today and the fans played their full part in lifting them players every man played is heart out it's far from over yet keep the faith,

Posted by: Chrisblor, April 4, 2015, 5:27pm; Reply: 6
Looking at the stats on BBC the Barnet game was very even, I suppose the difference is they have a striker who scores on a very regular basis.

Yep. Both our strikers were terrible today. Palmer's decision making was poor all game. He should have buried the rebound after 1 minute and after Mackreth's equaliser he needed to either shoot or square to John Lewis when he did neither. John Lewis couldn't control the ball, his finishing was typically rubbish and gave the ball away for their first (although our defence should have dealt with that much better than they did).

Good character shown to fight back and equalise, but Gateshead were there for the taking today and a combination of poor defending and poor finishing meant we threw away 2 points.
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 4, 2015, 5:28pm; Reply: 7

No , all we have to do is win 3-0 away in the first leg,

Then defend our lead at home,

Parslow comes on after 10 minutes for John Lewis,

Joke !!!!!

We will be ok, we will do it.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 4, 2015, 5:32pm; Reply: 8
I will try to be positive, I was finally starting to believe we could win the league but the negative, no risk tactics of the first half at home yet again showed up our managers defensive mentality.
Posted by: mimma, April 4, 2015, 5:43pm; Reply: 9
Disagree about negative tactics, they parked the bus & tried to catch us on the break.

We had plenty of ball in front of them but we couldn't break them down. They defended well.

Their first goal, sometimes you just have to hold your hands up & say "good goal".

Jacks equaliser was equally as good, an absolute screamer.

Their second looked like a foul, but we didn't clear our lines.

Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 4, 2015, 5:45pm; Reply: 10
Admit I can only go with the commentary if we were that attack minded why did we end up with crosses  from the byline by Lenny and McKreth but no one in the  box?
Posted by: Hagrid, April 4, 2015, 5:57pm; Reply: 11
What a stupid comment from a guy that wasnt even at the game!!! We wernt defensive minded, we just couldnt get going. It was a good game, we got a point, would of liked it to have been 3 but hey its not over
Posted by: heppy88, April 4, 2015, 5:59pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

No I won't have that Blundell Park was rocking today and the fans played their full part in lifting them players every man played is heart out it's far from over yet keep the faith,

I agree that the Park was rocking at the beginning of the first half, but then it gradually deminished. Even before their first goal there was long periods of total silence. An eery silence that has to effect the players. In the second half the singing and chanting was consistent throughout and the players responded leading to our second goal.

The away support is consistent from the first whistle untill the end. But at BP this just doesnt happen and the results/performances reflect this.

Overall a good solid performance from the Town and after what looked definately looked like a loss we can still go to Alfreton full of optimism that this really will be our year. UTM.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 4, 2015, 6:04pm; Reply: 13
Town 5/1 now to win the league, but for that late goal it would probably be twice that
Posted by: horsforthmariner, April 4, 2015, 6:21pm; Reply: 14
The late goal is only relevant for Bristol R. We need Barnet to slip up twice and it doesn't matter if it's draws or defeats.

I doubt Brizzle will win their final 4 games - i  reckon they will get 3 wins and a draw.

Barnet will win on Monday but their last 3 are tough.

Town need to see themselves as underdogs and play without fear from now on.
Posted by: jock dock tower, April 4, 2015, 6:29pm; Reply: 15
Thing is we're still on an amazing unbeaten run and it's just so important that we keep that going until the end of the season. If we don't get automatic promotion, and this title race is fa from over yet, to go into the play offs on the back of a possible 14 match unbeaten run is going into them as the form team. Keep the faith.
Posted by: Maringer, April 4, 2015, 6:35pm; Reply: 16
If we are to have much of a chance of the championship, I think we'll need to not just win the remaining games, but win some of them handsomely. Rovers are now closer to us on goal difference so we need to start scoring some goals. Don't think we'll be able to overhaul Barnet's GD, however so need to hope they'll fail to win at least two games.
Posted by: oldun, April 4, 2015, 6:39pm; Reply: 17
Of course we all want our team to win every game, but football is not like that. We were not negative and came close to a goal in the first couple of minutes. I think we had the effort in the first half but the control was lacking, even Mr consistent Carl Magnay did not start the game very well. I think the pressure showed. Despite that they never troubled us until their lad scored a very good solo goal. Second half we started very brightly and the crowd got behind the team very well. Mackreth was much more of a threat and scored with great left foot shot, yes left foot. At that stage there was only one team in it. Lenny skied one when he should have scored and their rooky keeper grew in confidence.  Their second goal looked like we should have done better defensively and Macca went down too late. A real blow against the run of play and it took the wind out of our sails for a while. Credit to the players they kept going and Diz popped up with another of his special headers from a Macreth cross. So 2 points dropped but our run of results is still impressive. There will be more twists yet, so needed to keep on believing until the final whistle against Aldershot.
Posted by: chaos33, April 4, 2015, 9:13pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Chrisblor

Yep. Both our strikers were terrible today. Palmer's decision making was poor all game. He should have buried the rebound after 1 minute and after Mackreth's equaliser he needed to either shoot or square to John Lewis when he did neither. John Lewis couldn't control the ball, his finishing was typically rubbish and gave the ball away for their first (although our defence should have dealt with that much better than they did).

Good character shown to fight back and equalise, but Gateshead were there for the taking today and a combination of poor defending and poor finishing meant we threw away 2 points.

Yes it's hard to disagree.
Posted by: GrimRob, April 4, 2015, 9:37pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Maringer
If we are to have much of a chance of the championship, I think we'll need to not just win the remaining games, but win some of them handsomely. Rovers are now closer to us on goal difference so we need to start scoring some goals. Don't think we'll be able to overhaul Barnet's GD, however so need to hope they'll fail to win at least two games.

Don't forget Rovers have got to lose a game though for us to win the league (or get lots of draws) so they will have at least one entry in the debit column. If we win every game 1-0 I feel we'd have better than a good chance of being champions.
Posted by: petethemariner, April 4, 2015, 9:43pm; Reply: 20
In a strange sort of way, the failure to win today may still work in our favour, the title is now  Brizzles and
Barnets to lose, the pressure is on them and its rare at this tight stage of the season that results
always go to form, you never know, if we can win our remaining games we might still sneak up on the blindside
and nick it from them both.
All  we can do now is stay positive.
Posted by: A.l.f., April 4, 2015, 9:59pm; Reply: 21
Yes still all to play for and isn't Barnet's Akinde one booking away from a two match ban?  That could be interesting if he gets booked at Dartford.  Feel we have to win the last four games now but think we can. :)
Posted by: jaymariner, April 5, 2015, 6:59am; Reply: 22
I think we have to be realistic that we are pretty much heading for the playoffs now but whilst there is a slim chance of the title it hopefully will keep the great run going and keep the momentum going because that's what has been our downfall the last couple of seasons. The title would be great but I will take promotion however it comes
Posted by: Garth, April 5, 2015, 8:14am; Reply: 23
Win every game from now in and promotion is a cert either automatically or via the playoffs, believe
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 5, 2015, 8:34am; Reply: 24
Whatever happens it's great that we are still in it go for broke Hurst nothing to lose now that new lad Chapell looks decent on the other wing with Mr Dependable Robertson behind him (the more I see of him the better I like) he looks so assured could be Hursts best acquisition.  All options available now            keep the faith lads UTM!
Posted by: EY Mariner, April 5, 2015, 10:06am; Reply: 25
Disley's goal has kept us in the title race, simple as that. Yes, we're the outsiders of the three, but I would rather have our remaining fixtures than either Barnet's or Bristol Rovers'.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 5, 2015, 4:12pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Hagrid
What a stupid comment from a guy that wasnt even at the game!!! We wernt defensive minded, we just couldnt get going. It was a good game, we got a point, would of liked it to have been 3 but hey its not over

Why do you think its a stupid comment, I state its the impression I got from the commentary, and the question mark shows it is a genuine question to those who were there which you answered, So why have a go at someone for asking it?  :-/
Posted by: Hagrid, April 5, 2015, 4:14pm; Reply: 27
Maybe stupid wasnt the best word to use! Apologies for that
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 5, 2015, 6:08pm; Reply: 28
Thanks :)  Really looking forward to the mayhem that will be Alfreton tomorrow. Hopefully a good win and the others slip up.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 5, 2015, 8:30pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from mimma
Disagree about negative tactics, they parked the bus & tried to catch us on the break.

We had plenty of ball in front of them but we couldn't break them down. They defended well.

Their first goal, sometimes you just have to hold your hands up & say "good goal".

Jacks equaliser was equally as good, an absolute screamer.

Their second looked like a foul, but we didn't clear our lines.

The old parked the bus nonsense, Gary Mills out thought Paul Hurst on Saturday by packing their midfield and we failed to adjust.

As for their first, yes a great finish but started by LJL and then poor defending especially as he sailed through our midfield.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 1:22pm