Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), April 3, 2015, 6:15pm
"Forward Finnigan aggravated a groin strain at Princes Park, and was withdrawn at half-time.

Meanwhile, defender Allan – who struck the Heed’s equalising goal against the relegation-threatened Darts – picked up a hip injury late on.

Their absence compounds to the Tynesiders’ injury crisis – with seven players already ruled out of tomorrow’s clash at Blundell Park, and the involvement of another in doubt.

JJ O’Donnell, Phil Turnbull (both foot), Andrai Jones, John Oster (both knee), Adam Bartlett (stomach), Ben Clark (groin) and Matty Robson (hip) will all be missing again.

Jamie Chandler missed out on Tuesday’s game with a dead leg, with boss Gary Mills declaring that the midfielder’s chances of playing tomorrow are ’50-50’.

Josh Gillies, meanwhile, will serve the last of a three-game suspension at Blundell Park.

Following Tuesday’s draw in Kent, Mills hinted that Kevin Sainte-Luce may start his first game for the Tynesiders in over two months tomorrow, while 19-year-old midfielder Dean Briggs is likely to figure on the bench.

It all adds up to a mammoth task for the Heed, with Paul Hurst’s Grimsby just one point off the pace in the divison, having won eight of their last nine games.

Gateshead’s failure to see off second-bottom Dartford in midweek all but ended their quest for a top-five place, but Mills is desperate for his side to show what they’re made of on Humberside.

The Tynesiders dumped the Mariners out of the FA Trophy two months ago, going some way to avenging the 6-1 drubbing they suffered at the International Stadium back in August.

That result is now firmly consigned to the past for Mills, although the boss made no bones about the scale of the task tomorrow."

http://www.gateshead-fc.com/5385/preview-grimsby-town-v-gateshead
Posted by: LH, April 3, 2015, 6:19pm; Reply: 1
I'd forgotten all about beating them 6-1 after that crushing defeat in the FA Trophy....
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), April 3, 2015, 6:23pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from LH
I'd forgotten all about beating them 6-1 after that crushing defeat in the FA Trophy....

Oh, how things could have been different if we had beaten them that night. Oh well we need to move on and get revenge tomorrow  ;)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 3, 2015, 6:28pm; Reply: 3
The bloke serving the last game of a 3 game ban, may or may not be the same bloke who they very recently only brought in on loan to help their severe injury crisis.

The loanee immediately got himself send off with a 3 match ban in his first game.  Thus messing them up but helping us.   They are supposed to be down to a few 17 year olds on the bench.  

(I posted news of most of these setbacks for them a while ago after speaking to a keen Gateshead fan.  I did not know about even more recent injuries this week because they had not happened yet).
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), April 3, 2015, 6:36pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
The bloke serving the last game of a 3 game ban, may or may not be the same bloke who they very recently only brought in on loan to help their severe injury crisis.

The loanee immediately got himself send off with a 3 match ban in his first game.  Thus messing them up but helping us.   They are supposed to be down to a few 17 year olds on the bench.  

(I posted news of most of these setbacks for them a while ago after speaking to a keen Gateshead fan.  I did not know about even more recent injuries this week because they had not happened yet).

Plus 11 games in 33 games wouldn't have helped them along with the long trip to Dartford on Tuesday night. The longer the game goes on the more their tiredness will show however I hope the frustration of our fans doesn't grown with it and we all remain patient.
Posted by: oldun, April 3, 2015, 7:06pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from 1739

Plus 11 games in 33 games wouldn't have helped them along with the long trip to Dartford on Tuesday night. The longer the game goes on the more their tiredness will show however I hope the frustration of our fans doesn't grown with it and we all remain patient.

So we have no excuses for not getting 3 points tomorrow.
Posted by: Abdul19, April 3, 2015, 7:12pm; Reply: 6
Hopefully Simon Cowell-alike Chanler's on the wrong side of his 50-50 tomorrow. Decent player.

As said above though, we have no excuses.
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 3, 2015, 7:16pm; Reply: 7
I remember the build up to the Kidderminster game here earlier in the season. They were down to the bare bones and came here and beat us 2-0.

We need to make sure that there's no complacency tomorrow.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), April 3, 2015, 7:28pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Abdul19
Hopefully Simon Cowell-alike Chanler's on the wrong side of his 50-50 tomorrow. Decent player.

As said above though, we have no excuses.

Think they will risk him to be honest. They don't really have a choice and have to go for it tomorrow. They could be 8 points off a play off spot with Eastleigh having a game in hand so potentially making it 11 points with 4 games left...
Posted by: chaos33, April 3, 2015, 9:11pm; Reply: 9
Is Rodman playing?
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, April 3, 2015, 9:15pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Les Brechin
I remember the build up to the Kidderminster game here earlier in the season. They were down to the bare bones and came here and beat us 2-0.

We need to make sure that there's no complacency tomorrow.

Totally agree , a team what has nothing to loose and not expected to win will play with a freedom that could come to bite us.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, April 3, 2015, 9:18pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from chaos33
Is Rodman playing?

His not injured so I guess he will be.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), April 3, 2015, 9:38pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from chaos33
Is Rodman playing?

Yes. Despite them having a lot of decent players out they still have a lot of quality players available to them including Rodman, Shaw, Ramshaw, Curtis, Baxter and potentially Chandler but IF we are at our best then we should beat them although we should not be expecting anything as no team in this league is a walkover. We need the crowd to remain positive even if we are not at our best as Carl Magnay said ' "We [fans and players] are becoming a united force. There's a lot of respect between the players and the fans. To sell 2500 tickets to an away game at this level is unique, and that's what the fans are. They're our strength and we feed off them. I hope we can deliver a league title and promotion for them, they deserve it."  Together we can make BP it absolute hell for Gateshead tomorrow and we still owe them one after there antics last season in the play-offs which still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and hopefully does with the players as well.
Posted by: sydney, April 3, 2015, 11:05pm; Reply: 13
It will be tuff tomorrow, and Monday but we have the quality and recently we have shown the strength to succeed.
We can beat heed tomorrow
Come on Town!!
Posted by: moosey_club, April 4, 2015, 12:39pm; Reply: 14
Oster will be their biggest miss i think, dictates the play so much for them and pops up in all the holes, without him i expect them to be a different proposition.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 6:47am