Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, April 2, 2015, 7:18pm
I'm sure I heard Pete Levy on Look North mention that safe standing is going to be implemented as from this weekend, is that right or was I imagining it?

If it happens, we will be the first club in the UK to implement it.

Anyone watch it or know for sure?  Exciting anyway.  :)
Posted by: GiveUsAG, April 2, 2015, 7:23pm; Reply: 1
There's going to be a sample between lower findus and the pontoon.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, April 2, 2015, 7:28pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from GiveUsAG
There's going to be a sample between lower findus and the pontoon.
In the old imperial corner nice one!
Posted by: LH, April 2, 2015, 7:32pm; Reply: 3
Like with the football I think people should keep their expectations low so not to disappoint. It'll probably be the two-rowed example seen in the Look North report.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, April 2, 2015, 7:40pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from LH
Like with the football I think people should keep their expectations low so not to disappoint. It'll probably be the two-rowed example seen in the Look North report.

Probably. I know it's only a sample that fans can view.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, April 2, 2015, 7:41pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from GiveUsAG
Probably. I know it's only a sample that fans can view.
Oh, I thought we could actually use them, damn lol.   :-/

I don't like it in the pontoon, as don't get a good view of the game, but I don't like the lower findus even though I sit there, everyones too bloody quiet.  

Safe standing in the Imperial corner would rock!!
Posted by: GiveUsAG, April 2, 2015, 8:01pm; Reply: 6
I personally think the Osmond corner would be best.

But, I'm just glad we're moving in the right direction. The FA may as well authorise safe standing (that's if it's them standing it's way of progress), it's going to happen sooner or later any way.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 2, 2015, 8:01pm; Reply: 7
For years I went in the Ponny but now I prefer the lower Findus you get a great view of both ends I hope we fill the Osmond as well get in early and get the party going.

I'm sure the players are enjoying the atmosphere at the moment.
Posted by: moosey_club, April 3, 2015, 10:52am; Reply: 8
Really cannot see the point in this at all, the club are actively seeking to build a new stadium, have stated they are not investing in B.P as they are focussed on the new stadium and a new stadium could be built with actual terracing f they choose to never mind safe standing.
Unless the company involved are footing the bill themselves and want to use us as a demonstration model for further sales then why waste money when...we lose money on an ongoing basis?  
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 3, 2015, 11:08am; Reply: 9
Quoted from moosey_club
Really cannot see the point in this at all, the club are actively seeking to build a new stadium, have stated they are not investing in B.P as they are focussed on the new stadium and a new stadium could be built with actual terracing f they choose to never mind safe standing.
Unless the company involved are footing the bill themselves and want to use us as a demonstration model for further sales then why waste money when...we lose money on an ongoing basis?  

John Fenty said we were looking for sponsors to fund the safe standing,

If we could find one I am sure the extra fans in the Imperial corner would be a help in funding the new stadium,

It would only be a little towards the gap but every penny helps. :)
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 6:11pm