Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 2, 2015, 12:59pm

We were well and truly beaten by Halifax that night. It seemed a lot worse than a 4-0 defeat.   (I was there along with Barratt Stander from York to suffer).

Many loyal Town fans quietly left in small groups well before the end, such was the very poor performance that the team put up. We were all sadly disillusioned and in a form of shock at the collective ineptness on show.   Hope for the future was extinguished that night for the most loyal of Town fans.  

The management team and Club were in disarray.  (Scott was on suspension at the time). Hurst was in sole charge for the Halifax game. Was he staying or going? Should he stay or go?  The future of the Club was uncertain to say the least.  Fans disheartened as to where we were going - if anywhere.
Look where we are now in such a very short period of time!  In football terms, change and progress take a long while to achieve.    As Big Chris recently identified, continuity of management is a key ingredient in success. John Fenty had the courage to stick with Paul Hurst, maybe even his own instincts. We are now reaping the benefits of some good decisions made since on players coming in and leaving.  The timing of these moves has been ideal.

Great credit is due to John Fenty, Paul Hurst, other management teams members and the team for all the success to date.  The supporters are now also taking a much bigger role.

Compared to the Halifax thrashing, all we have to moan about now is that winning at Chester would have given us 13 away wins, instead of 12 now, and put us top of the League on points. (This would have been the most away wins in the top 5 Divisions).

We are also complaining that we have only been given 2,500 away tickets for Alfreton, such is the level of interest and excitement now.  What ever happens in the next 5 games, we have come a very long way in a very short period of time.  

We should count our blessings that the Club has not gone the other way, which it easily could have after the Halifax game.  If the wrong decision were made during a very stressful and difficult time.

Posted by: Garth, April 2, 2015, 1:08pm; Reply: 1
All to do against Gateshead Saturday, lose Saturday and Monday all would not be so good, one step at a time
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 2, 2015, 1:10pm; Reply: 2
I don't want to rain on your parade but as regards success we haven't actually achieved anything yet.

The next few weeks are vitally important to GTFC but there is still the possibility that we could be in this Godforsaken league next season and all that has been done so far will amount to nothing.

Let's hope we achieve our aim because the longer we are in this League I fear for the future and where we will end up.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, April 2, 2015, 1:57pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from arryarryarry
I don't want to rain on your parade but as regards success we haven't actually achieved anything yet.

The next few weeks are vitally important to GTFC but there is still the possibility that we could be in this Godforsaken league next season and all that has been done so far will amount to nothing.

Let's hope we achieve our aim because the longer we are in this League I fear for the future and where we will end up.

he didn't say we had achieved anything.

He was simply saying we are in a far better position and i agree
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 2, 2015, 3:36pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

he didn't say we had achieved anything.

He was simply saying we are in a far better position and i agree

"Great credit is due to John Fenty, Paul Hurst, other management teams members and the team for all the success to date".
Posted by: Abdul19, April 2, 2015, 4:46pm; Reply: 5
To be fair we were in a far better position 3 months later.
Posted by: arryarryarry, April 2, 2015, 7:22pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Abdul19
To be fair we were in a far better position 3 months later.

I agree but it's the position we are in come August that worries me.
Posted by: livosnose, April 2, 2015, 7:36pm; Reply: 7
There's a lot of male masturbators on here tempting fate ... Reflect at the end of the season not now you daft kuntz
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 5:44am