Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: sutton mariner, April 1, 2015, 12:20pm
What's the chances of us winning the league there?

I've been asked to attend a film festival down in Kent and need to book transport sharp.

Goooshhhh decisions
Posted by: ska face, April 1, 2015, 12:23pm; Reply: 1
How the intercourse is anyone supposed to answer that?
Posted by: sutton mariner, April 1, 2015, 12:26pm; Reply: 2
Some mathematical genius could perhaps do me a favour...
Posted by: Les Brechin, April 1, 2015, 12:30pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from sutton mariner

I don't think even Albert Einstein or Stephen Hawking could answer that one.
Posted by: LH, April 1, 2015, 12:30pm; Reply: 4
You can't do maths without numbers.
Posted by: LH, April 1, 2015, 12:34pm; Reply: 5
Thinking about it some smart bottom will come back and say you can. Not in this instance though. :P
Posted by: mariner91, April 1, 2015, 12:43pm; Reply: 6
Jesus we're going to look stupid if we don't win the league or at least go up. Some people are really getting ahead of themselves.
Posted by: big al, April 1, 2015, 12:51pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from sutton mariner

I live in Merseyside so am really hoping we are crowned at this game. I also believe there is a good chance it will be this game if B & B don't mess up big style beforehand.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, April 1, 2015, 12:52pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from mariner91
Jesus we're going to look stupid if we don't win the league or at least go up. Some people are really getting ahead of themselves.

Ridiculous isn't it? We're not even favourites yet some people are talking like it's a formality. Gateshead first, forget the rest until then.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 1, 2015, 12:57pm; Reply: 9
Jack, there is a fat chance and a slim chance that we could win the title at Southport,

"Fat" and "slim" being opposites, sums up the range of possibilities here.
Posted by: mariner91, April 1, 2015, 12:59pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from big al

I live in Merseyside so am really hoping we are crowned at this game. I also believe there is a good chance it will be this game if B & B don't mess up big style beforehand.

So you think we'll get 5 points more than Barnet and 4 more than Bristol in the next 3 games without them messing up big time in that time?! Seriously?!

Like Rodders said, Gateshead first, then Alfreton. One game at a time! We're on a great run and in a good position, I personally believe we can do it. But it is not a formality, there are 450 minutes of football to be played and anything can happen. The way some people are going on it is going to seriously bite them on the bottom potentially.
Posted by: thevera, April 1, 2015, 12:59pm; Reply: 11
If we win our next 4 games  barnet would have to drop 5 points and Rovers would have to drop 4 points. So whilst it is certainly possible I would say it is unlikely.
However if we are top going into that game there is always the possibility of clinching the title at Southport, if that's the case can you risk not going?
Posted by: chicaneuk, April 1, 2015, 1:02pm; Reply: 12
Chap here at work that I often chat with about our league is a Southport fan.. so really going to try and make the effort to get up to this one! They might be tough as they have something to fight for, and are unbeaten in quite a few games now! Hoping by the time we play them, they're safe and not playing for anything..
Posted by: sutton mariner, April 1, 2015, 1:48pm; Reply: 13
Mariner 91 - the reason for 'getting ahead of myself' is reasonably clearly stated up the top there..
Posted by: big al, April 1, 2015, 1:52pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from mariner91

So you think we'll get 5 points more than Barnet and 4 more than Bristol in the next 3 games without them messing up big time in that time?! Seriously?!

Like Rodders said, Gateshead first, then Alfreton. One game at a time! We're on a great run and in a good position, I personally believe we can do it. But it is not a formality, there are 450 minutes of football to be played and anything can happen. The way some people are going on it is going to seriously bite them on the bottom potentially.

Don't think that has to happen. If we win the next three games - which I believe we will then we're on 87 points. If Barnet and Rovers both get 6 points out of the next three (or maybe 5 as they both have done in their last three games) then we would be in a position where we could win it at Southport. Didn't say 'will' win it. Said good chance - that's all I said. Didn't say 'formality' or anything like that. Also didn't say we will win it by the time we get to Southport as you are suggesting I did. Nothing is going to bite me on the ar*e because if we don't win it then I believe we will win the play offs. If we don't win the play offs then I will return next year with hope in my heart that we will do it next time.
Posted by: Tinymariner, April 1, 2015, 2:58pm; Reply: 15
Their ground holds 6008 and their average attendance is just over 1000 total. I hope we are in a position to take enough fans to fill it for them, however, I hope we can fill BP first on Saturday. UTM
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 1, 2015, 3:11pm; Reply: 16
I can't see anyone confirmed as Champions until the final day of the season.
Posted by: mimma, April 1, 2015, 3:17pm; Reply: 17
One set of games at a time.

If we draw Saturday, but Rovers & Barnet both loose then it's a good point, & not the disaster if they both win.

All to play for, as fans just take it one game at a time & not get ahead of ourselves.
Posted by: forza ivano, April 1, 2015, 4:53pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

Ridiculous isn't it? We're not even favourites yet some people are talking like it's a formality. Gateshead first, forget the rest until then.

think rodley is right. after all,we are like a lower league man city; i.e. if there's a chance of fooking up then we'll manage to find it!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 1, 2015, 5:40pm; Reply: 19
I sincerely hope the players have their feet a lot firmer on the ground than some on here jeez.

ONE GAME AT A TIME, Gateshead first up not worth even considering Alfreton let alone Southend, we still have a hell of a lot to do first and even then hope the two teams either side of us slip up.

Posted by: Fcukthescunts, April 1, 2015, 5:43pm; Reply: 20
Southend?!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, April 1, 2015, 5:53pm; Reply: 21
lol Southport even.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, April 1, 2015, 5:58pm; Reply: 22
You go to the game, I'll go to the festival mate, I'll be down there anyway with little to no chance of getting a S'port ticket.
Posted by: immariner, April 1, 2015, 7:10pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from diehardmariner
I can't see anyone confirmed as Champions until the final day of the season.

I'd tend to agree there. If anyone will be crowned champions before the last game it will be Barnet (one point lead and better GD).
Posted by: chaos33, April 1, 2015, 11:27pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

There are evidently many people who dwell in the extremes of 'positivity' and 'negativity' (for want of better words) on this board aren't there.
Posted by: Brisbane Mariner, April 1, 2015, 11:44pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from thevera
If we win our next 4 games  barnet would have to drop 5 points and Rovers would have to drop 4 points. So whilst it is certainly possible I would say it is unlikely.
However if we are top going into that game there is always the possibility of clinching the title at Southport, if that's the case can you risk not going?

And we are not unfamiliar with the odd lapse in concentration leadfin to a giant intercourse up on the results ledger - Rodders is right ONE GAME at a time! we all want the same thing but I reckon we need to not get ahead of ourselves! UTM 8) 8)
Posted by: LH, April 1, 2015, 11:48pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from chaos33

There are evidently many people who dwell in the extremes of 'positivity' and 'negativity' (for want of better words) on this board aren't there.

I always seem to be at the polar opposite to the general consensus. Earlier in the season when Hurst's tenure was being questioned by many on this board I had faith in him to turn it around and now that we have I have become all pessimistic. I'm just putting it down to nerves and I'm sure by Saturday I'll be back at the other end of the scale.
Posted by: big al, April 1, 2015, 11:57pm; Reply: 27
But what's the problem with getting ahead of ourselves. We're not the players. If the players were saying we're going to be champions then of course we should be be saying hang on a minute let's not get carried away.

It's ages since we had a team that we could truly believe in. We really do stand a chance of going up and a more than slim chance of being champions. If we don't then so be it. Many fantastic teams have suffered glorious failure and I would rather be full of unbridled optimism than be trying to put the brakes on. There is nothing to be gained by being falsely modest or cautious. If we do win every remaining game then I think it'll be because the team were brimming with confidence and we imposed ourselves on everyone else.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, April 2, 2015, 1:07am; Reply: 28
Quoted from LH
You can't do maths without numbers.

Well that makes algebra a waste of time then.
Posted by: LH, April 2, 2015, 6:19am; Reply: 29
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Well that makes algebra a waste of time then.

Not the only reason it's a waste of time. I did say a smartarse would prematurely jump on that post in the next post.
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, April 2, 2015, 8:27am; Reply: 30
In fairness to Sutton mariner I don't think he was expecting a scientifically substantiated reply. Good fishy people, just because JF and PH haven't made any statements in the last day there is no need to over analyse to the point of death any harmless and wishful posts on here :-)

I can feel the tension on here, come on Town get us bloody well promoted ASAP!!!!!!!
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 9:46am