Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 1, 2015, 10:11am
Discussions were held (in private) yesterday between Derbyshire Police, local Police chiefs and the 2 Clubs.  They have jointly agreed that the Alfreton v Grimsby game on Easter Mon will be moved to Blundell Park on various crowd and community safety grounds. These concerns have developed over the last few days with the increasing number of travelling fans expected.

A footy mate who works in Derby for the Police has told me that a formal announcement will be made by both clubs sometime today.      (This will include the news that existing tickets purchased for Alfreton will still be valid for the "home" game).

Apparently the trouble after Burton game is still keenly remembered.  Mud sticks unfortunately.   Derbyshire Police are concerned this time for local residents regarding the large number of travelling Grimsby fans being in the town before the game (pubs shut).  Also, what happens after the game if the result goes against us?  Police resources will be stretched anyway, and especially on a busy Bank Holiday.  

It seems that Police Intelligence were also worried about stories that ticketless Grimsby fans who said that they would try and get in with the home fans in the Alfreton end.  This lack of crowd segregation represents a potentially serious risk that is hard to control. The ground is not safe or used to an away crowd of this number.  

The solution devised and agreed was to switch the match to Blundell Park at the same time on the same time. This change is safer and better for all fans. It is anticipated that few Alfreton fans would actually want to travel.    Another added benefit is that the roads will be less congested on a Bank Holiday.

Alfreton have made a lot of money out of Grimsby ticket sales. They have agreed too repay our Club  with £1,000 towards the costs of rearranging the match.  The Non-League have apparently approved this switch on an exceptional basis only and it will not set a precedent for future matches. Any points will still count as an away match for us and home for Allfreton.  

Personally,I think that this is great news.  More fans will be able to go now. BP is definitively safer.  It is a sensible decision.  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, April 1, 2015, 10:12am; Reply: 1
i know the date very well
Posted by: MarinerWY, April 1, 2015, 10:13am; Reply: 2
Wahaaay!
http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2015/apr/01/april-fools-day-jokes-2015-the-best-from-around-the-world
Posted by: MarinerWY, April 1, 2015, 10:14am; Reply: 3
a good effort to be fair, well executed!
Posted by: Garth, April 1, 2015, 10:24am; Reply: 4
Quoted from MarinerWY
a good effort to be fair, well executed!

IMO poor effort too many words absolutely unbelievable
Posted by: buckstown, April 1, 2015, 10:40am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Garth

IMO poor effort too many words absolutely unbelievable

Bah humbug
Posted by: Abdul19, April 1, 2015, 12:56pm; Reply: 6
Oh for felicitations sake I'd bought my train tickets ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 1, 2015, 2:02pm; Reply: 7
I might be able to get a ticket now. ;D
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, April 1, 2015, 6:07pm; Reply: 8
Bet Sutton Mariner fell for it....
Print page generated: April 23, 2024, 5:14pm