Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BIGChris, April 1, 2015, 9:59am
Whoever is top going into the last Saturday of the season will be chosen for live TV.
Posted by: LH, April 1, 2015, 10:03am; Reply: 1
Entirely out of curiosity - what happens if there are two (or three) contenders for the title on the last day? Where does the trophy go? I don't think the Conference have the cash to fly it by helicopter to the ground it's won at.
Posted by: Maringer, April 1, 2015, 10:33am; Reply: 2
Quoted from LH
Entirely out of curiosity - what happens if there are two (or three) contenders for the title on the last day? Where does the trophy go? I don't think the Conference have the cash to fly it by helicopter to the ground it's won at.

They will make a couple of life-size replicas out of papier-mache, double-sided stickytape and silver spray paint. Nobody will be any the wiser.  :)
Posted by: grimsby pete, April 1, 2015, 10:44am; Reply: 3
Quoted from LH

They do what they always do when they have to make a decision,

Toss a coin.(bash)
Posted by: pizzzza, April 1, 2015, 10:46am; Reply: 4
Quoted from LH

I seem to remember that when Mansfield pipped Kiddie the trophy was held at some point half way between until HT when they had a better idea which way it was going (I could have just dreamt this though!).

Obviously the distances involved this time would not make this practical in any case so I guess they will have some replica.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, April 1, 2015, 11:23am; Reply: 5
Am sure a few spare tin pots will be available
Posted by: gaz57, April 1, 2015, 12:05pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Am sure a few spare tin pots will be available

They'll be to busy preparing for next season's Conference. :)
Posted by: LH, April 1, 2015, 12:13pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Maringer

They will make a couple of life-size replicas out of papier-mache, double-sided stickytape and silver spray paint. Nobody will be any the wiser.  :)

They've probably got one they prepared earlier when it was called the Blue Peter Premier.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, April 1, 2015, 12:34pm; Reply: 8
It is also interesting (or unusual) that each of the top 3 teams  play their remaining home games on the same day. Same for the remaining away games.

Eg, when Town play a home game, so do Barnet and Bristol Rovers on the same day.  The same applies for the away games for the rest of the season.  (This situation applies to the remaining 15 fixtures for the 3 clubs).

If we need a win at home against Aldershot, and Barnet and Rovers also need points to be champions, then they will also have home advantage for their last game.

I am not sure if these fixtures benefit anybody but it may help to secure the Championship before having to rely on our last home game.   :)
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 11:58pm