Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: codcheeky, March 29, 2015, 3:09pm
2-1 to Wrexham now surely their keeper should have had a red
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), March 29, 2015, 3:25pm; Reply: 1
2-2 now.
Posted by: pontoonlew, March 29, 2015, 3:26pm; Reply: 2
Brilliant game this is.
Posted by: Hagrid, March 29, 2015, 3:27pm; Reply: 3
st juste looks useful for Ferriby, im cheering them on, very good battling display from them
Posted by: Abdul19, March 29, 2015, 3:39pm; Reply: 4
Can vaguely remember him playing for Darlo against us years ago.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), March 29, 2015, 3:41pm; Reply: 5
3-2 to Ferriby. Kendall again.
Posted by: GyMariner, March 29, 2015, 3:45pm; Reply: 6
Great game!!
Posted by: buckstown, March 29, 2015, 3:45pm; Reply: 7
St. Juste does look impressive. After a nervous start he's shredded Wrexham's defence.
At 2-0 will 15 minute left Wrexham take off their captain and the world falls apart........
Dear oh dear!!
Posted by: Perkins, March 29, 2015, 3:48pm; Reply: 8
An absolute credit to non league football. Great game. Hang on Ferriby.
Posted by: pontoonlew, March 29, 2015, 3:49pm; Reply: 9
Absolutely brilliant game this is.
Posted by: Caesar, March 29, 2015, 3:51pm; Reply: 10
Indeed fun game and am hoping Ferriby can hold on.  

But equally watching it how glad am I that I was at Welling yesterday and not Wembley today!
Posted by: buckstown, March 29, 2015, 3:53pm; Reply: 11
Wrexham have three extra games to fit in after this, so lets hope their mentally ad physically wrecked when they play us
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 29, 2015, 3:58pm; Reply: 12
Well done North Ferriby for a great, spirited come-back. Good old local underdogs.  

If Wrexham can go behind with a 2-0 lead, so we could have done.  How embarrassing would that have been?

Fitness might still tell. (Listening to live commentary on the BBC Sport Net).

Could Wrexham yet win on pens again?

Wrexham still have 3 games to make up on Town.  Playing at least twice a week, they should be mid-table and tired out by the time they play us.  ET today and maybe losing will not improve their confidence.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 29, 2015, 4:02pm; Reply: 13
That was a goal
Posted by: Teesknees, March 29, 2015, 4:08pm; Reply: 14
What a great game, just proves that players wages and entertainment aren't always related!
Posted by: codcheeky, March 29, 2015, 4:12pm; Reply: 15
theses penalties bringing back terrible memories
Posted by: LH, March 29, 2015, 4:15pm; Reply: 16
Looking forward to welcoming a knackered Wrexham team to BP a week on Saturday.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 29, 2015, 4:16pm; Reply: 17
Well done North Ferriby United
[IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/33za7vs.jpg[/IMG]
Posted by: pontoonlew, March 29, 2015, 4:18pm; Reply: 18
Brilliant stuff!
Posted by: gtfc82, March 29, 2015, 4:18pm; Reply: 19
Congratulations to North Ferriby!! The Taffs get a taste of penalty shoot out disappointment in a final!  ;D
Posted by: RichMariner, March 29, 2015, 4:19pm; Reply: 20
Wow. What an effort from North Ferriby! To be 2-0 down against Conference opposition (Wrexham are full time, yeah?) with just 15 mins to go, and to take it to extra time - and then take the lead - only to concede an equaliser with 2 mins to go... then have the mental strength to win the shoot out...

Impressive stuff. They did what we couldn't do!
Posted by: Hagrid, March 29, 2015, 4:19pm; Reply: 21
Fantastic!! Well done north ferriby
Posted by: buckstown, March 29, 2015, 4:19pm; Reply: 22
I feel exhausted after that
Posted by: Doubled, March 29, 2015, 4:21pm; Reply: 23
Well done North Ferriby!!!!!!
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 29, 2015, 4:21pm; Reply: 24
Great spirit, character, guts and what a  comeback!  Well done North Ferriby!!  

A plasterer had a chance to win the Trophy.  A professional male model did!

Ferriby scored more goals against Wrexham than we did, scored more penalties and even won it.

Wrexham will not want to see out their league season now................ ;D
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 29, 2015, 4:21pm; Reply: 25
Incredibly shite penalty by Connor Jennings!
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 29, 2015, 4:22pm; Reply: 26
Also good to see Wrexham lose an FAT Final on pens for a change.
Posted by: Freemoash88, March 29, 2015, 4:23pm; Reply: 27
Did Nathan Jarman come on?
Posted by: GyMariner, March 29, 2015, 4:24pm; Reply: 28
Can only see a grimsby win in a couple of weeks after seeing wrexhams performance
Posted by: codcheeky, March 29, 2015, 4:24pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Freemoash88
Did Nathan Jarman come on?

yes and scored his peno
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 29, 2015, 4:25pm; Reply: 30
It is not nice is it, not winning after being 2-0 up away from home after 75 mins.   :'( :'(

I nearly feel sorry for Wrexham fans.  And it is a long way home.  
Posted by: BIGChris, March 29, 2015, 4:47pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
It is not nice is it, not winning after being 2-0 up away from home after 75 mins.   :'( :'(

I nearly feel sorry for Wrexham fans.  And it is a long way home.  

Wilkin took off his holding midfielder and it destroyed the game for Wrexham
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 29, 2015, 5:09pm; Reply: 32
Congratulations to Nrth Ferriby and Nathan Jarman not only a historic victory but they have surely softened up Wrexham so two ex town players score penno's that could prove priceless what a fantastic week end.  :) :) :) :) :) :)
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 29, 2015, 5:23pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Congratulations to Nrth Ferriby and Nathan Jarman not only a historic victory but they have surely softened up Wrexham so two ex town players score penno's that could prove priceless what a fantastic week end.  :) :) :) :) :) :)

This

Well pleased for NFU & for Jarman :)

My train to work takes me right past their ground and I was looking every day to see if there was any sign of their trip to Wembley.

Nothing that I could see except their usual neat little set up but now they have the trophy win maybe they'll be able to show off a little bit more with something to commemorate their Wembley win

Btw where they are situated just shows that allotment holders and a football club can live in harmony side by side ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 29, 2015, 5:30pm; Reply: 34
Well done you villages !!!!!!
Posted by: immariner, March 29, 2015, 5:34pm; Reply: 35
Great for North Ferriby, terrible for those that want to see football clubs that are run sustainably prosper.
Posted by: BIGChris, March 29, 2015, 6:39pm; Reply: 36
Grimsby lad Topliss at Right back & former Town youth captain Mark Gray on the bench.
Posted by: Garth, March 29, 2015, 6:52pm; Reply: 37
Today was a gay day for the Village people ;D
Posted by: ska face, March 29, 2015, 6:59pm; Reply: 38
Congratulations to the Allam family and the entire population, yes all 4000 residents, of the village of North Ferriby.

You tinpot shithouses.
Posted by: Rick12, March 29, 2015, 7:04pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Hagrid
st juste looks useful for Ferriby, im cheering them on, very good battling display from them
Agree best player on the park for me and rightly deserved the mom award

Posted by: Garth, March 29, 2015, 7:16pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from ska face
Congratulations to the Allam family and the entire population, yes all 4000 residents, of the village of North Ferriby.

You tinpot shithouses.

Not Welsh by any chance?
Posted by: ska face, March 29, 2015, 7:21pm; Reply: 41
Good one.
Posted by: Teestogreen, March 29, 2015, 7:32pm; Reply: 42
What a fantastic performance by North Ferriby and that was the most moving receipt of a cup I have ever seen, with the chairman and his wife in tears, in congratulating every one of the players and management team, as they came past for the cup ( the appreciation reciprocated back by the players) - brilliant stuff. Took me back to Gateshead when no one turned up. Knew it would be worthwhile, ultimately - although it wasn't us. Football the winner.
Posted by: immariner, March 29, 2015, 8:13pm; Reply: 43
Money the winner, not football.
Posted by: chaos33, March 29, 2015, 8:22pm; Reply: 44
Hardly. In what sense?!

The FA Trophy has just been won by a bunch of amateurs from a village. It was hardly a capitalist gang bang was it. More like a romantic giant killing tale in a cup competition that is utterly insignificant commercially.
Posted by: immariner, March 29, 2015, 8:38pm; Reply: 45
Granted, it's hardly Man City-esque proportions but it's all very relative. They are bankrolled significantly by the Allam family, without whose backing, they would be many rungs in the football ladder lower and in no way would they be able to afford their Conference-standard squad. 'Financial Fair Play' needs to come in at all levels of the game. I don't need to remind anyone of the countless clubs who have spent WAY beyond their means for it to all go mammaries up. Lower league football fans should not be toasting clubs who achieve success that way.

Especially when you compare them to the club they have just beaten. Supporter-owned and sustainably-ran. The model that I would love to see all clubs replicate. Probably more in hope than expectation. This will always be a very polarising subject so I'm going to bow out here.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 29, 2015, 8:40pm; Reply: 46
What are the rules about owning 2 clubs? Or are NFU owned by Allam's 'wife/son/cat'?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 29, 2015, 8:42pm; Reply: 47
Maybe the money referred to was the help that NFU get from the Allams

Still needed desire and application from their players though to make the dream a reality

If he were to bung us a few quid then don't think we'd complain too much although it would have to be a no-strings donation given his penchant for dictating terms
Posted by: Rick12, March 29, 2015, 8:43pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from chaos33
Hardly. In what sense?!

The FA Trophy has just been won by a bunch of amateurs from a village. It was hardly a capitalist gang bang was it. More like a romantic giant killing tale in a cup competition that is utterly insignificant commercially.
Ferriby are a bit more than that though as I read they have had a bit more money to spend than other teams in that division.Great game though and really enjoyed watching it on Bt Sport.Hence for me love watching lower league level on tv and sometimes even more so than some of the prem games
Posted by: Teestogreen, March 29, 2015, 8:58pm; Reply: 49
Got to admit- I was sold on the emotion of a management team in its 700th game in charge of team finally achieving something spectacular - good for them I say.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 29, 2015, 9:19pm; Reply: 50
Like it or not you DO need money it is essential you also need the right personnel no denying the mans passion twenty years in charge of a small village team takes some dedication. Nice to see the under dog making the head lines we did just that for many a year.
Posted by: Caesar, March 29, 2015, 9:23pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from immariner
Granted, it's hardly Man City-esque proportions but it's all very relative. They are bankrolled significantly by the Allam family, without whose backing, they would be many rungs in the football ladder lower and in no way would they be able to afford their Conference-standard squad. 'Financial Fair Play' needs to come in at all levels of the game. I don't need to remind anyone of the countless clubs who have spent WAY beyond their means for it to all go mammaries up. Lower league football fans should not be toasting clubs who achieve success that way.

Especially when you compare them to the club they have just beaten. Supporter-owned and sustainably-ran. The model that I would love to see all clubs replicate. Probably more in hope than expectation. This will always be a very polarising subject so I'm going to bow out here.

I actually agree with you in a sense, I want all clubs to be sustainably run and admire Wrexham for that reason actually.  However I think Financial Fair Play is a good idea being badly implemented as if it means no outside investment the current established order would never be changed.  Man Utd would never be challenged as they could always spend more on wages and transfer fees and with no team close to challenging them, and we would see this at different levels all through the leagues.  There needs to be a mix between having a well run sustainable football club that can also have significant investment to boost their resources to challenge higher up.
Posted by: BIGChris, March 30, 2015, 7:24am; Reply: 52
Some interesting views re investment & ownership.

I have long held the view that the best way forward is shared ownership but that must include fans. Wrexhams situation was born out of necessity, and although I admire their stance they have found that without external investment they will struggle to compete at the 5th tier. That is the harsh reality!

Well done to North Ferriby though enjoyed the latter part of he game and the penalty shoot out
Posted by: chaos33, March 30, 2015, 7:54am; Reply: 53
Agree BC
Posted by: oldun, March 30, 2015, 8:24am; Reply: 54
Try telling N Ferriby that the trophy is a tinpot competition
Posted by: fishheadphil, March 30, 2015, 9:14am; Reply: 55
Reading some of the negative comments about this great day for these minnows is really depressing, why can't you just be happy for them? Says a lot more about you than it does about their so called tinpot status. Good on them hope they get promoted too.
Posted by: gary_elton, March 30, 2015, 9:16am; Reply: 56
Well done North Ferriby...  sticking one over Johnny Foreigner....  ;)
Posted by: immariner, March 30, 2015, 10:06am; Reply: 57
Quoted from fishheadphil
Reading some of the negative comments about this great day for these minnows is really depressing, why can't you just be happy for them? Says a lot more about you than it does about their so called tinpot status. Good on them hope they get promoted too.

Hardly, you've got it all backward. Shows how much I care about the game, how I think it should be sustainable and how it should be a level playing field. There's nothing depressing about having morals Phil.
Posted by: immariner, March 30, 2015, 10:15am; Reply: 58
Quoted from BIGChris
Some interesting views re investment & ownership.

I have long held the view that the best way forward is shared ownership but that must include fans. Wrexhams situation was born out of necessity, and although I admire their stance they have found that without external investment they will struggle to compete at the 5th tier. That is the harsh reality!

Well done to North Ferriby though enjoyed the latter part of he game and the penalty shoot out

I agree. If there were rules in place regarding % of turnover to playing budget I think you'd see a lot more supporter-ownership and then Wrexham's budget (which frankly should see them in the play-offs regardless) would be a lot healthier relative to the others'. Nothing wrong with sensible capital investment being allowed.

You can't take it away from their players, it was a good achievement.
Posted by: fishheadphil, March 30, 2015, 10:52am; Reply: 59
Quoted from immariner

Hardly, you've got it all backward. Shows how much I care about the game, how I think it should be sustainable and how it should be a level playing field. There's nothing depressing about having morals Phil.

I fully support you on those issues, but what my original comment was meant to say was be happy for them!, its not the fans and players fault how clubs are run is it? The depressing bit is they've won a trophy at Wembley against much bigger and illustrious opposition and for that they deserve praise not criticism on here. Yes fair play needs to be across the board but no one moans when its their team benefitting do they? Would you not see us promoted via a few bendings of the rules?  Don't think honest John fenty is beyond criticism?
Posted by: immariner, March 30, 2015, 11:31am; Reply: 60
There's nothing I can do about NFU winning the FA Trophy. Doesn't mean I have to like it. I dislike the fact that we lose money most years and Fenty picks up the tab. Though he's said he's not going to do it for much longer which will force us to run to revenue, which I'm not unhappy about, I'm not going to lie, even if it will make us a bit less competitive if we don't go up.

The difference between us and say Forest Green and Fleetwood etc is that we don't just chuck money at it, most of what Fenty has laid out over the years has been to cover 'unexpected losses' which was bound to happen as we tumbled down the leagues and paid off huge debts. If we chucked money at it in the way NFU do, then yes, I would find it hard to continue following Town for as long as that continued. When Portsmouth won the FA Cup after spunking over £100 million that they didn't have I was one of the few people I was aware of that wasn't happy for them. When they fell down to League 2, I felt really sorry for the fans but they were the same fans who lapped up the unsustainable success. Success that came at a huge cost to many local businesses who never saw their debts paid. I ramble.

As I alluded to, I don't expect most, if many, to agree with me. I must just see things a bit more black and white! ;)
Posted by: immariner, March 30, 2015, 12:29pm; Reply: 61
Back to the game:

Has anyone seen the comments Connor Jennings made to the press?

http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/146034/jennings-hits-out-at-wilkin-s-fa-trophy-final-substitutions.aspx
Posted by: Mandy Dunnit vs Hettie, March 30, 2015, 12:39pm; Reply: 62
Just noticed the attendance - 14,585 - we're taking more to Alfreton!
Posted by: Abdul19, March 30, 2015, 3:25pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from immariner
Back to the game:

Has anyone seen the comments Connor Jennings made to the press?

http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/news/146034/jennings-hits-out-at-wilkin-s-fa-trophy-final-substitutions.aspx

Seems the board feel the same - sacked!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 30, 2015, 3:26pm; Reply: 64
New manager time for Wrexham

http://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/article/.-2366579.aspx

Hopefully they'll still be down in the dumps when they visit us at the end of next week
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 5:23pm