Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Promotion Train, March 28, 2015, 9:47pm
We've longed for a squad of players to give effort deserving of the shirt, we've got a bloody minded manager who remains calm and methodical. In a nutshell it's all there for us, the fans. Some lucky enough to remember glory days of the past, some youngsters unfortunately have only the hope of better days.
Now is the time for us, the fans both young and old, to rally round for 5 games, pack the Park - bring your mam, Dad, neighbour, mates even your enemies. To Alfreton and Southport get a ticket, fill you car or jump on the (promotion) train, just be there. No moaning just 450 minutes of singing, clapping and positivity.
In May 2010, I said we'll be back. Let's make this happen, we are Great, we are Grimsby. And I wanna be in the football league. UTM!
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, March 28, 2015, 9:49pm; Reply: 1
I can't make Alfreton but I'll be at every other game. 6,000 realistic next Saturday?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 28, 2015, 9:49pm; Reply: 2
All aboard that promotion train!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, March 28, 2015, 10:02pm; Reply: 3
I'm a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to my trains so for me it has to be

Oh when the Town go steaming in
Oh when the Town go steaming in

(thumbup2)
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 28, 2015, 10:09pm; Reply: 4
I am coming up for the Wrexham game,

The way we are playing it will be a sell out ,

AND

I wont get a ticket,

Onwards and upwards.
Posted by: nightrider, March 28, 2015, 10:36pm; Reply: 5
I thought we normally crumble under the pressure of a big crowd?
Posted by: MarinerWY, March 28, 2015, 10:51pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from nightrider
I thought we normally crumble under the pressure of a big crowd?

That was in the past. We are in very different cirumstances now: great spirit within the club, great fight from the players and a unified backing from the fans. We can beat any team and BP being packed will only increase our advantage.
Posted by: rancido, March 29, 2015, 12:32pm; Reply: 7
I think PH has put together an excellent squad and with the recent additions seems to have all bases covered. The team spirit and confidence is high and us fans should do all we can to support them through the final games. I know PH has had his criticisms in the past and a lot of fans have questioned his ability. He is still a relatively young manager learning his trade and is bound to make mistakes but if he can learn from them all the better. Our recent form speaks for itself and surely this is no lucky phase but a concerted effort by the players and management team to achieve the ultimate goal of getting us back into the football league. UTM
Posted by: Rick12, March 29, 2015, 12:53pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Promotion Train
We've longed for a squad of players to give effort deserving of the shirt, we've got a bloody minded manager who remains calm and methodical. In a nutshell it's all there for us, the fans. Some lucky enough to remember glory days of the past, some youngsters unfortunately have only the hope of better days.
Now is the time for us, the fans both young and old, to rally round for 5 games, pack the Park - bring your mam, Dad, neighbour, mates even your enemies. To Alfreton and Southport get a ticket, fill you car or jump on the (promotion) train, just be there. No moaning just 450 minutes of singing, clapping and positivity.
In May 2010, I said we'll be back. Let's make this happen, we are Great, we are Grimsby. And I wanna be in the football league. UTM!
Well said my friend. Maximum positivity needed from everyone to get the club back where it belongs  league football   UTM

Posted by: Rick12, March 29, 2015, 12:54pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
I can't make Alfreton but I'll be at every other game. 6,000 realistic next Saturday?
More the better

Posted by: 1739 (Guest), March 29, 2015, 1:06pm; Reply: 10
Positivity's IS needed. We need the ground rocking before the game and to continue throughout the whole game. We need to create an atmosphere like Scunny and Huddersfield last season which will prove to be difficult with the amount of away fans there will be. If you have the urge to groan when we misplace a pass. I for one hope the club DONT put any offers on for the remaining games as it will only attract the massive Manchester united and Liverpool fans from around here who will slate everything town do and moan.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 12:49pm