Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: psgmariner, March 27, 2015, 2:11pm
Approved by the council.
Posted by: BIGChris, March 27, 2015, 2:17pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from psgmariner
Approved by the council.

I thought it was part funded by the council?
Posted by: psgmariner, March 27, 2015, 2:32pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from BIGChris

I thought it was part funded by the council?

Updates here. My colleague follows them and I wasn't really listening.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/11884610.Crunch_meeting_on_Community_Stadium_plans/

Interstingly will be at Monk Cross which is already massively busy (even more than the rest of York) due to John Lewis etc opening up.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 27, 2015, 2:43pm; Reply: 3
Living in York, this is an ongoing saga, nearly as long as getting as our own new stadium.  

I am pleased for York City fans that I know, but it sticks in the throat when we have had so many delays with our new stadium.  
Posted by: sutton mariner, March 27, 2015, 8:32pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Living in York, this is an ongoing saga, nearly as long as getting as our own new stadium.  

I am pleased for York City fans that I know, but it sticks in the throat when we have had so many delays with our new stadium.  

Big up the York massive!!
Posted by: Grim up north, March 27, 2015, 8:48pm; Reply: 5
I see from the live link that the council bar one fully backed it ,would be interesting to see if anyone who has watched York in the last x amount of years is allowed to vote .? As that is what our council want again which along with a handful of vocal Nimbys on this is Grimsby could prove the downfall of what has the potentiall to be a quality asset to the area.Get yourself heard or I reckon we lose out again.
Posted by: moosey_club, March 28, 2015, 8:37am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Grim up north
? As that is what our council want again which along with a handful of vocal Nimbys on this is Grimsby could prove the downfall of what has the potentiall to be a quality asset to the area.Get yourself heard or I reckon we lose out again.

Ignoring the fact we havnt got enough money to build it in the first place of course...or we dont actually have the land......or that we need to get a housing developer to get permission for a new estate as part of the package....

the council have so far granted permissions on this site to assist the club with time to plan and to discuss outline development to enable potential partners to come forward, as the club announced this week they still have a funding shortfall ( how much ...?? no ones saying are they? ) then i dont think the council can be shot at just yet.

I for one dont think NELC can assist in directly funding a stadium as that would fall upon the tax payers, giving up a piece of land on the cheap maybe but beyond that its the clubs baby, they need to demonstrate they have a truly viable scheme and when they can do that the full application can be heard and if properly done should fly through.

Has it been 12 months now that we have had agreements on this site? Are we anywhere nearer to actually having partners, a scheme, a viable plan?  
Posted by: wigworld, March 28, 2015, 8:50am; Reply: 7
That bit of ring road near Monks Cross is a traffic nightmare at the best of times. I can't imagine how awful it will be if you add in a load of football traffic.  :-/
Posted by: lukeo, March 28, 2015, 9:13am; Reply: 8
Quoted from wigworld
That bit of ring road near Monks Cross is a traffic nightmare at the best of times. I can't imagine how awful it will be if you add in a load of football traffic.  :-/

they got no FANSSSSSSSSSS

Traffic will be fine ;)
Posted by: big al, March 28, 2015, 10:24am; Reply: 9
feel the thread would have been better titled 'New York City Ground'
Posted by: scrumble, March 28, 2015, 1:19pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from moosey_club

I for one dont think NELC can assist in directly funding a stadium as that would fall upon the tax payers, giving up a piece of land on the cheap  

Do you mean like the various buildings the council sold cheap to one construction company without putting them up for general sale? I guess it depends on the size of the brown envelope

Posted by: moosey_club, March 28, 2015, 3:18pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from scrumble

Do you mean like the various buildings the council sold cheap to one construction company without putting them up for general sale? I guess it depends on the size of the brown envelope

??)

Surely you are not suggesting.......underhand dealings at the council? Corruption??
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 9:40am