Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: WokingMariner, March 27, 2015, 1:38pm
I am biased but I am going for Grimsby and Woking
Posted by: psgmariner, March 27, 2015, 1:49pm; Reply: 1
Needs a poll.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 27, 2015, 1:51pm; Reply: 2
I think that we can exclude Hull, Scunthorpe and Lincoln.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 27, 2015, 2:11pm; Reply: 3
I think it will be Bristol Rovers 1st (champions) and Town to win the playoffs v Barnet.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, March 27, 2015, 2:19pm; Reply: 4
Town and Brizzle.
Posted by: mariner tommy, March 27, 2015, 2:30pm; Reply: 5
We will win the league, and I don't give a toss who goes up with us through the play offs.

UTM
Posted by: LondonMariner43, March 27, 2015, 3:02pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from cmackenzie4
I think it will be Bristol Rovers 1st (champions) and Town to win the playoffs v Barnet.

I can't see Bristol coming top.  When you look at the fixtures, Barnet are favourites and Town are second favourites.

Posted by: grimsby pete, March 27, 2015, 3:04pm; Reply: 7
We will be one,

The other one begins with the letter  B.  :)
Posted by: northbankmariner, March 27, 2015, 3:07pm; Reply: 8
I think the play offs will produce a shock, so lets hope town can get there by finishing first. outside tip in playoffs, Eastleigh as they have goals in them.
Posted by: big al, March 27, 2015, 3:26pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from WokingMariner
I am biased but I am going for Grimsby and Woking

Imagine the odds you could get on this. Like your thinking. I also think Eastleigh is another interesting long shot. The worst case scenario would be Gateshead sneaking in there last minute. I want them to sink without trace.
Posted by: gtfc98, March 27, 2015, 3:35pm; Reply: 10
Town and Rovers. Justice will be served. Barnet are nothing but tinpot trash.
Posted by: SamTheMariner, March 27, 2015, 3:46pm; Reply: 11
Barnet and anyone but us.
Posted by: SamTheMariner, March 27, 2015, 3:49pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from big al

Imagine the odds you could get on this. Like your thinking. I also think Eastleigh is another interesting long shot. The worst case scenario would be Gateshead sneaking in there last minute. I want them to sink without trace.

On Gateshead I doubt they'll get into the play offs but I can see that little git, Mills beating us with a Rodman wonder goal, and Hatton scoring the last minute equaliser to make sure we finish second and lose to Eastleigh in the play offs.
Posted by: mariner tommy, March 27, 2015, 3:51pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from big al

I somehow doubt it, they can hardly produce a full side.

UTM
Posted by: AdamHaddock, March 27, 2015, 3:59pm; Reply: 14
Bownit (title) and town (play offs)

1-0 win over Rovers in the final
Posted by: jock dock tower, March 27, 2015, 5:24pm; Reply: 15
We are the form team, and I can see us getting another 6 wins out of the remaining 7 games (at least) which would make it 12 wins and maybe 2 draws from our last 14 games, pure Championship form. Another 19 points would give us 94 points, a record for anyone finishing 2nd and generally enough to get promotion in it's own right.

Couldn't give a monkeys who finishes squabbling for the other place, personally.
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 27, 2015, 5:41pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from jock dock tower
We are the form team, and I can see us getting another 6 wins out of the remaining 7 games (at least) which would make it 12 wins and maybe 2 draws from our last 14 games, pure Championship form. Another 19 points would give us 94 points, a record for anyone finishing 2nd and generally enough to get promotion in it's own right.

Couldn't give a monkeys who finishes squabbling for the other place, personally.

We have only got 6 games left John.
Posted by: jock dock tower, March 27, 2015, 6:13pm; Reply: 17
So...if we get to 94 points it's a miracle? :P

That's the trouble of going onto the Fishy after a few Guinesses and a bottle of Free Trade Bonarda Chiraz from the local Co-Op!
Posted by: wigworld, March 27, 2015, 6:18pm; Reply: 18
It will go down to the last game of the season, exactly like our relegation season. To go up as champions, we'll need Barnet to lose, and we'll need to win. Both will happen this time. :-)

Bristol will be play-off winners.

UTM
Posted by: SamTheMariner, March 27, 2015, 7:16pm; Reply: 19
Having seen the three other contenders I'd sat that our side is better than all of them. We lost against Bristol but we didn't play well and neither Pittman or Palmer were available. Barnet looked like a mid table side and Macc were just functional and we won one poor game, they won another.
Posted by: chaos33, March 27, 2015, 8:46pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from AdamHaddock
Bownit (title) and town (play offs)

1-0 win over Rovers in the final

I think, if pushed, that's what I think at the moment too.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, March 27, 2015, 9:50pm; Reply: 21
I believe one way or the other, it'll be Grimsby and Barnet to go up.  8)
Posted by: ginnywings, March 27, 2015, 9:54pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from jock dock tower

Think Wrexham finished second with more than 94 points and we have 6 games left but apart from that, yeah.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 27, 2015, 9:57pm; Reply: 23
I believe that Wrexham got 99 points when they finished second to money-bags Fleetwood. No wonder not going up with that many points finished them off in the play-offs.  
Posted by: sydney, March 27, 2015, 10:04pm; Reply: 24
We need to avoid B Rovers
So us win league or if not them and we win play offs!!
Come on Town!!
Posted by: easypeersy, March 27, 2015, 11:05pm; Reply: 25
There is an awful lot of excitement. I dread to think what the fallout will be if we do not go up this season!
Posted by: lukeo, March 28, 2015, 7:06am; Reply: 26
Us and 1 of bristol or FGR so i have a local game to go to alongside exeter and plymouth :D
Posted by: easypeersy, March 28, 2015, 2:06pm; Reply: 27
Barnet will win the Title!
I hope they don't but think they will.
We will get to the play off final.
At Wembley it is a lottery!!!
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 1:26pm