Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, March 26, 2015, 11:08am
This is encouraging.  A Gateshead fan lives near to me, who goes up to watch them regularly.  (He had seen my GTFC stickers in the car on the driveway).  

He has been telling me how they are struggling for players.  I took it with a pinch of salt at this stage of the season.  Most teams are struggling a bit and have tired players.  

Today (Thu) he has emailed me with the the latest injury/suspension report.  This is shown below:  (Assuming it is true, It is a lot better for us than Gateshead having a fully-fit squad).

"We are down to the bare bones. We literally have a full team of first team players out. We have a striker playing centre-half, emergency loan 20 yr old keeper and a bunch of 17 year olds on the bench.  We now have to play two games a week. Our latest loan signing went and got himself a red card so he's out for 3 games. It's a miracle we are picking up anything.

I can't say that I'm looking forward to the trip to Grimsby".
  (My comment: Jon Shaw is the good striker playing at the back from what I can make out).
Posted by: BeijingMariner, March 26, 2015, 11:41am; Reply: 1
we need all the help we can get. never like to see anyone struggle but its going to be our season so I dont mind the Heed's misfortune....
Posted by: horsforthmariner, March 26, 2015, 11:49am; Reply: 2
Hopefully they are still in crisis next week but after that all there players make a dramatic recovery and they are at full strength against Barnet
Posted by: moosey_club, March 26, 2015, 11:51am; Reply: 3
No sympathy for them at all, sh/t pitch doesnt help them with fixtures and probably causing injuries in some instances i imagine, the amount of falling over they do probably causes additional wear and tear on their bodies.
I did read last week that John Shaw had played centre half and was apparently decent, ala Gary Jones & Gary Birtles.

Posted by: AdamHaddock, March 26, 2015, 2:58pm; Reply: 4
Hopefully these injuries clear up before they play  Barnet on te last day
Posted by: MrsMariner, March 26, 2015, 3:06pm; Reply: 5
Its a tough run in for Gateshead don't think they will make the playoffs this year, hope they pick up a few points though especially against Barnet
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 26, 2015, 10:55pm; Reply: 6
They'll probably be motivated to play out of their skins. Let's not get too hopeful about this - we've seen it happen before down here with teams scraping the barrel for fit players.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 7:41am