Print Topic - Archive

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, March 25, 2015, 1:24am
Great to see you's flying high in the Conference.

Good luck and I hope you's get promoted.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, March 25, 2015, 7:23am; Reply: 1
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Great to see you's flying high in the Conference.

Good luck and I hope you's get promoted.

Cheers
How's things up there ?
Posted by: psgmariner, March 25, 2015, 8:38am; Reply: 2
Looks tight at the top. I have money on you and Salford to win it so no slips ups please!
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, March 25, 2015, 4:58pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Cheers
How's things up there ?

Going very well, doing much better being run by the fans. We know our limits and what we can afford.

We've just raised 225k to fund a new groundshare with a rugby club in the town, we are also entitled to 150k from the Stadium fund.

On the field, we are currently second with a game in hand and three points behind. We have a significant goal difference of +53, which will stand us in good stead hopefully.

Keep up the good work Town fans.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 25, 2015, 7:23pm; Reply: 4
Thanks for the good wishes Andy. Good to see another phoenix club. A few more seasons and you'll be back where you belong in the football league too.
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, March 25, 2015, 8:55pm; Reply: 5
Technically, not a phoenix club as we bought all the clubs history/debt. Only think we, as Darlo see that has changed is our name. But we still class ourselves and always will as Darlington FC; not Darlington 1883.

Would love to see us play the likes of Grimsby Town/Lincoln City etc again. But won't happen for a long time, unless we have a FA Cup/FA Trophy run.

Be a long time before we hit the Football League; too much money floating about in the game.

I think our level for the foreseeable future will be Conference North/Conference.
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, March 25, 2015, 9:06pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from AndyDarloFC
Technically, not a phoenix club as we bought all the clubs history/debt. Only think we, as Darlo see that has changed is our name. But we still class ourselves and always will as Darlington FC; not Darlington 1883.

Would love to see us play the likes of Grimsby Town/Lincoln City etc again. But won't happen for a long time, unless we have a FA Cup/FA Trophy run.

Be a long time before we hit the Football League; too much money floating about in the game.

I think our level for the foreseeable future will be Conference North/Conference.

Andy, what average gates are you getting at that level?
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, March 25, 2015, 9:17pm; Reply: 7
Averaging about 1100/1200.

Think we have the 3rd highest support below the Conference after FC United of Manchester and Maidstone United.
Posted by: Fcukthescunts, March 25, 2015, 9:41pm; Reply: 8
Decent crowd that. My local team Bamber Bridge have played you and few who go on 'Brig' as known locally mentioned the amount of support you have. Good luck for remaining games of season
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, March 25, 2015, 9:46pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Fcukthescunts
Decent crowd that. My local team Bamber Bridge have played you and few who go on 'Brig' as known locally mentioned the amount of support you have. Good luck for remaining games of season

Aye, we've played them twice and beat them twice.

Could end up facing them in the Play-Offs if we don't win the league. Just don't fancy the play-offs after being beat in them last season  :(
Posted by: chaos33, March 25, 2015, 10:05pm; Reply: 10
My neighbour and good friend is a big Darlo fan and goes to many home and away games despite his advancing years. Darlington is only 50 miles or so from where I live. When Darlo were in the Conference and played Town we travelled to the home and away games together. Hence, I have a soft spot for them, and not just for this reason. Fingers crossed for promotion this year. It looks good and I'm hopeful. It would make an old man I know very happy, and God knows the Darlo fans deserve it.

Cheers Andy. Good Luck. (thumbup1)
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, March 25, 2015, 10:33pm; Reply: 11
Thanks for the kind words.

Would love to see both teams go up, as I still have a soft spot for Grimsby from when I lived there.

Hopefully we meet in the future. Sooner, rather than later.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 3:11pm