Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: RoboCod, March 23, 2015, 12:56pm
Two contenders for TOTY,but who's the biggest tool of the two? I'd have put money on our Garry but Rich is coming along really well...

"The fourth official told me to come here and speak to him,” said Hill.

“I just told him ‘I don’t want to speak to you’. So he’s got the referee to send me off.

“I’ve just been guilty of not wanting to do something.

“I thought it was my prerogative if I didn’t want to speak to someone.

“But what do you know? I’ve not caused any trouble; I’ve not said anything out of turn. “I’ve not sworn either.

“I’m sure there will be something in the report where I’ve come out with lots of Fs and lots of everything else."
"From what I’ve seen, their defender has punched him straight in the face,” Hill said about Burton’s dismissal.

Eastleigh have had a fair amount of money  thrown at them, surely they can do better than this fool?
Posted by: Biccys, March 23, 2015, 12:59pm; Reply: 1
Is Rob Scott working yet?
Posted by: Biccys, March 23, 2015, 1:02pm; Reply: 2
I CERTAINLY didn't see Magnay punch Burton at all. His interview after the game wasn't too reassuring to me though. Saying he'd defended himself wasn't much of a defence for him pushing Burton over. I never saw what Burton had done before the push though so can only really take Magnay's word for it.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 23, 2015, 1:17pm; Reply: 3
Couldn't give a chuff. They got what they deserved.
Posted by: Caesar, March 23, 2015, 2:04pm; Reply: 4
Before the game I was thinking about comparing them as after beating them 1-0 at Eastleigh he referred to how good we had been.  So while he may have been annoyed after the game he has shown class before.  

Makes it a no brainer for me, Gary all the way!
Posted by: RichMariner, March 23, 2015, 3:14pm; Reply: 5
Did anyone see Magnay throw a punch, as Hill claims?

Also, did anyone actually see what Burton did? I'm not asking you to relay what Magnay said post-match; I'm wondering if anyone saw the incident with their own eyes.

Because it seems to me only the linesman saw what Burton did and only Hill saw what Magnay did. Which is a bit odd.
Posted by: Abdul19, March 23, 2015, 3:23pm; Reply: 6
Hill knows a thing or 2 about brawling: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/q/qpr/6357085.stm
Posted by: Kymariner12, March 23, 2015, 5:12pm; Reply: 7
Has to be garry hill as he reacted like a child when we beat them at home and said Barnet would walk it.
Posted by: gtfc98, March 23, 2015, 5:30pm; Reply: 8
In all seriousness though as much as I am a fan of magnay he does need to calm it a bit. We're at a pivotal point in the season the last thing we need is him getting sent off and being left with Parslow or Bignot in for 3 games.
Posted by: Tom13, March 23, 2015, 11:10pm; Reply: 9
From what I saw Magnay had hold of Burton's shirt and Burton put him in a headlock and they both went to the floor, then they got back up and Magnay pushed him and Burton theatrically went down. Magnay was lucky not to be sent off as well IMO!

How many bookings is Magnay on anyway out of interest? Hopefully not nearing a ban?
Posted by: Abdul19, March 23, 2015, 11:52pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Tom13
How many bookings is Magnay on anyway out of interest? Hopefully not nearing a ban?

6 according to Soccerbase.

I think the 10 yellows deadline is early next month so shouldn't be a problem.

Pearson is on 7 but has only had 2 in his last 23 games, which is incredible!
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, March 24, 2015, 7:12am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Abdul19

6 according to Soccerbase.

I think the 10 yellows deadline is early next month so shouldn't be a problem.

Pearson is on 7 but has only had 2 in his last 23 games, which is incredible!

Jeez what a turnaround from Pearson! Maybe Toto is taking them for the team now instead!
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 9:04pm