Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, March 22, 2015, 7:25pm
Rioja has just been uncorked and the co op in winslow has amazingly produced enough stuff for a decent selection of tapas. Happy days. Come on barca!
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, March 22, 2015, 7:31pm; Reply: 1
Looking forward to this. I don't favour either team but normally one side wins me over with their approach and I'll cheer for them.
Posted by: promotion plaice, March 22, 2015, 7:38pm; Reply: 2
Play acting and conning the ref, here we come.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, March 22, 2015, 7:41pm; Reply: 3
I'm going to Barcelona in September on a company holiday, so hopefully we'll be able to get to a game over at the Nou Camp.  
Posted by: ska face, March 22, 2015, 7:41pm; Reply: 4
Boring, overhyped wankathon.

Not worth watching unless they're cobbing pig's heads at the players.
Posted by: forza ivano, March 22, 2015, 7:46pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from ska face

Lol
I'm only watching it coz Braintree dartford isn't on catch up tv
Posted by: Maringer, March 22, 2015, 7:58pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from promotion plaice
Play acting and conning the ref, here we come.

Are Chelsea playing then?

I'll watch a bit of the game. Hopefully there will be plenty of outrageous tackles and a punch up or two to keep me interested.

I hear that Barca play it a little bit more directly these days which would be good as the tiki-taka bored me to tears, technically impressive as it may have been.
Posted by: forza ivano, March 22, 2015, 8:11pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Maringer

Are Chelsea playing then?

I'll watch a bit of the game. Hopefully there will be plenty of outrageous tackles and a punch up or two to keep me interested.

I hear that Barca play it a little bit more directly these days which would be good as the tiki-taka bored me to tears, technically impressive as it may have been.

If messis is half as good as he was on Wednesday then it'll be worth watching
Posted by: Abdul19, March 22, 2015, 8:34pm; Reply: 8
Great flick by Benzema for Ronaldo to equalise. Less than a minute after Neymar missed an absolute sitter!

As for play acting and conning the ref, it won't quite match up to Eastleigh v Gateshead.
Posted by: forza ivano, March 22, 2015, 9:03pm; Reply: 9
Isco having another good game.
Posted by: LH, March 22, 2015, 9:04pm; Reply: 10
Why do they have a mock up tapas bar for the studio on La Liga and not use a dingy pub for Premier League football?
Posted by: forza ivano, March 22, 2015, 9:06pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from LH
Why do they have a mock up tapas bar for the studio on La Liga and not use a dingy pub for Premier League football?

Or a greasy spoon caff? Would love to see them tackling a pile of black pudding and a fried slice
Posted by: ginnywings, March 22, 2015, 9:18pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from ska face

+1
Posted by: Abdul19, March 22, 2015, 9:42pm; Reply: 13
Madrid should bring Bale on

(cue Bale goal, no doubt)
Posted by: forza ivano, March 22, 2015, 9:56pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ginnywings

+1

I know ginny.welling altrincham is PROPER football but sometimes I just have to suffer watching the worlds 2 greatest players. And suarezs control and finish wasn't a patch on what we know Hannah or the shop can do......
Posted by: ginnywings, March 22, 2015, 10:09pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from forza ivano

I know ginny.welling altrincham is PROPER football but sometimes I just have to suffer watching the worlds 2 greatest players. And suarezs control and finish wasn't a patch on what we know Hannah or the shop can do......

Well it's clearly not proper football. In fact Conference football is shite but my team play in it, not La Liga.

I don't get your constant comparison as there is none.

And Suarez is an anus.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 22, 2015, 10:17pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from forza ivano

Nice to watch I suppose but I'd sooner pay to watch John-Lewis for all his faults than female genitals like Suarez any day.
Posted by: LH, March 22, 2015, 10:23pm; Reply: 17
He might be a twit but he's a hell of a player. A few of the Clásicos I have watched have been farcical with diving etc but most have a moment of footballing magic in them too. I didn't watch tonight but it sounds like Suarez's goal was that moment tonight.
Posted by: Tommy, March 22, 2015, 10:24pm; Reply: 18
Bale hardly had a kick.
Isco, Modric and Kroos are a joy to watch. For a good half an hour they were out-Barca-ing the Barca midfield.
Messi was a little quiet by his standards too but he was playing out to the right so wasn't as pivotal in their play.
Marcelo had one of his better games too.

Some terrible acting from Mascherano, Suarez and Ronaldo.
Posted by: LH, March 22, 2015, 10:29pm; Reply: 19
Although having now seen a vine of the goal I score them with my eyes shut at five a side.
Posted by: ska face, March 22, 2015, 10:56pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from forza ivano

Lol
I'm only watching it coz Braintree dartford isn't on catch up tv

Don't think anyone's said Braintree are worth a watch, have they?

Each to their own, but I struggle to sit through the nauseating sycophancy that surrounds these matches. We had the build up on in the background, and whoever was hosting the show almost disappeared up Messi's sphincter because he had a good match against Man City, describing it as "one of the greatest performances in the history of the game". Someone pass me the flipping bucket.

I also find the (widely accepted) view that you're some kind of footballing heathen if you don't drop to your knees and worship at the feet of these gel-haired twits particularly laughable.
Posted by: gtfc82, March 22, 2015, 10:58pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Tommy

Some terrible acting from Mascherano, Suarez and Ronaldo.

To name but a few! The diving and feigning injures was frankly pathetic!
Give me a proper game with HONEST footballers anyday!!!
Posted by: Maringer, March 22, 2015, 11:30pm; Reply: 22
Decent winning goal by Suarez, but nothing out of the ordinary. Kroos strikes me as a lazy so and so. A better-class Huddlestone, if you will. Not willing to break into a sweat even when his team is chasing the game.

That one in the first half where Suarez got his player booked showed great ingenuity. He was certainly knocked off his feet but clutched his calf when the player hadn't got anywhere near his legs. Surely he must practise that sort of thing in training to get it to look almost believable for the referee?
Posted by: moosey_club, March 23, 2015, 9:42am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Maringer
Decent winning goal by Suarez, but nothing out of the ordinary. Kroos strikes me as a lazy so and so. A better-class Huddlestone, if you will. Not willing to break into a sweat even when his team is chasing the game.

That one in the first half where Suarez got his player booked showed great ingenuity. He was certainly knocked off his feet but clutched his calf when the player hadn't got anywhere near his legs. Surely he must practise that sort of thing in training to get it to look almost believable for the referee?

unfortunatley its just not continental football anymore, Burton on Saturday over exaggerrated Magnays push, David de Gea yesterday...now i know he got trod on by Skrtel but for the first few seconds he was prostrate seemingly in agony..then he jumps up right as rain to have verbals with Skrtel and when the ref arrived he limped off again.....unfortunately modern football is full of cheats and unscrupulous behaviour...actually has been for a long time but in the modern era you just see it more because of the TV coverage....in the old days an off the ball incident pretty much went unnoticed until you saw someone just laid on the floor with a nose bleed.

My opinion on TV evidence/ fourth or fifth officials reviewing footage has changed in the last couple of seasons, i think it needs to happen to catch and eradicate the current trend of simulation, diving, wrong identities, spitting etc.  Unfortunatley without massive investment from the FA it couldnt trickle down the leagues due to the amount of cameras required but while they have the technology at Premier/ Champions/Europa/European and World Cup levels then why not use it?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, March 23, 2015, 9:47am; Reply: 24
Quoted from ska face

Don't think anyone's said Braintree are worth a watch, have they?

Each to their own, but I struggle to sit through the nauseating sycophancy that surrounds these matches. We had the build up on in the background, and whoever was hosting the show almost disappeared up Messi's sphincter because he had a good match against Man City, describing it as "one of the greatest performances in the history of the game". Someone pass me the flipping bucket.

I also find the (widely accepted) view that you're some kind of footballing heathen if you don't drop to your knees and worship at the feet of these gel-haired twits particularly laughable.

+1   spot on mate!
Posted by: RoboCod, March 23, 2015, 10:37am; Reply: 25
The best and worst of Suarez, flashes of brilliance from Messi but overall a little subdued.
Piquet was just immaculate.
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 23, 2015, 11:16am; Reply: 26
Can't be bothered with the rolling around.

I'll watch the wrestling for that.
Print page generated: April 24, 2024, 3:48pm