Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: NewtoN, March 22, 2015, 3:11pm

Keep the spirit going of these themed days, for the Gateshead home game, how easy would it be for the club shop to make Carl Magnay masks and do a deal with the telegraph, voucher for a free mask? Really rub it into Mills that he was a fool to let him go.

Thoughts?
Posted by: grimsby pete, March 22, 2015, 3:16pm; Reply: 1
Good idea and we could have a banner in the Ponny with his name on it as well. 8)
Posted by: northbankmariner, March 22, 2015, 3:21pm; Reply: 2
Love the idea of this theme. Masks would be a winner for sure. Best player in the side and a giveaway from Gateshead. Plus it will show him how well he is thought of by the fans which could go a very small way to tying to get him to sign another contract with the club. He comes across as a top guy, and very knowledgeable about the game.
Posted by: ginnywings, March 22, 2015, 3:40pm; Reply: 3
We could take in our Conlon baldy head thingy's and do a swap.  :)
Posted by: Abdul19, March 22, 2015, 3:46pm; Reply: 4
I'd be worried about tempting fate. We do this and he'll give away a penalty after 3 minutes!
Posted by: Alfie, March 22, 2015, 4:08pm; Reply: 5
Great idea!

VIVA CARL MAGNAY, VIVA CARL MAGNAY...
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, March 22, 2015, 4:41pm; Reply: 6
Hey much as I like Maggs there are other hero's that run through walls as well. All the back four including Macca, Ollie up front is a real talisman, the shop non stop all match, Dizz gives 100%,  Why not have a massive poster with ALL the team on??
Posted by: livosnose, March 22, 2015, 4:51pm; Reply: 7
Thank you Gateshead banner perhaps ?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, March 22, 2015, 5:15pm; Reply: 8
Could all squeal like little girls whenever they tackle one of our players. In "honour" of the little cheat who got Neilson sent off last season.
Posted by: davmariner, March 22, 2015, 7:01pm; Reply: 9
Brilliant idea!
Posted by: GiveUsAG, March 23, 2015, 10:10am; Reply: 10
Good idea, get in touch with the club and make it happen. Maybe the trust could help push this out there too?  8)
Posted by: MarinerWY, March 23, 2015, 10:12am; Reply: 11
Much as I love Magnay (and he undoubtedly deserves huge praise such as this), how about something that focuses on the whole team rather than just one player?
Posted by: RoboCod, March 23, 2015, 10:34am; Reply: 12
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Could all squeal like little girls whenever they tackle one of our players. In "honour" of the little cheat who got Neilson sent off last season.

I like this one. And maybe everyone takes a handbag and clutches it to their chests with every tackle,Vic and Bob style.
Posted by: GiveUsAG, March 23, 2015, 11:06am; Reply: 13
I think the 'scarves at the park' theme should carry on until the end of the season too.

Magnay masks would be a good addition, I think it'd be good to see. Or even masks of all the players? Fans can then choose which masks to wear?
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 23, 2015, 11:22am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Abdul19
I'd be worried about tempting fate. We do this and he'll give away a penalty after 3 minutes!

Agreed.  

Northampton did a John-Joe O'Toole day the other week and he got sent off.

Posted by: pizzzza, March 23, 2015, 11:29am; Reply: 15
Love this idea! It will look much better if it is just one player rather than a number of different players. As it is against his former club and the fact that he is the POTY-elect it makes sense that it is Magnay (I'm sure the others will not be offended).
Posted by: gtfc98, March 23, 2015, 12:01pm; Reply: 16
Am I just miserable or are all these fancy dress ideas getting a bit boring now? I just want to win the bloody league.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, March 23, 2015, 12:33pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from MarinerWY
Much as I love Magnay (and he undoubtedly deserves huge praise such as this), how about something that focuses on the whole team rather than just one player?

Agree,

Look, Magnay is no doubt signing of the season, but no one is bigger than the club, and we finally have a team that are in it together and are desperate for the title !

how about a banner stating something like this:

2014-2015, a team in which we trust
UTM
Posted by: mariner91, March 23, 2015, 1:05pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Agree,

Look, Magnay is no doubt signing of the season, but no one is bigger than the club, and we finally have a team that are in it together and are desperate for the title !

how about a banner stating something like this:

2014-2015, a team in which we trust
UTM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c
Posted by: 1mickylyons, March 23, 2015, 1:06pm; Reply: 19
How about we carry on building the scarves at the Park idea it was ok on Saturday.
Posted by: arryarryarry, March 23, 2015, 1:43pm; Reply: 20
Just shoving one up them and helping them miss out on the play-offs will do for me, the cheating diving b@stards.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 2:31am